What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sativa organic grow with ace seeds (Panama, Malawi, Killer A5 Haze)

Which is your favorite sativa strain lineage ?

• Thaï lineage

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • African lineage

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Central American lineage

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

FeelHaze

Hi,
I'm FeelHaze, a canadian microgrower.

Here start my first grow journey with ace seeds.

After growing hybrids for a couple years and buying Canadian legal weed for some time, I got tired of the lack of diversity in effects. Commercial sativas nowaday all seem to be 9 weekers that hit like hybrids with a bit less body effect.

My mission is to find strains with unique effects, especially psychedelic ones.

Join me on this adventure.

Last edited:

FeelHaze

Tent : Spider Farmer 2x4x6
Grow light : Spider Farmer SF2000
Soil : Urban garden from Fafard (organic).

For seedlings, temps are 25c day and 19c night, humidity is 60%, light power is 100%, light distance is 30 inches, light scedule is 18/6, fed with tap water.

First pict are the my 6 days old seedings (2x Malawi, one Panama, one K A5 Haze, all feminized versions). Second pict is the set up.

Attachments

• 20240209_160658.jpg
    20240209_160658.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 74
  • 20240209_160557.jpg
    20240209_160557.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Tent : Spider Farmer 2x4x6
Grow light : Spider Farmer SF2000
Soil : Potager Urbain, Organic, from Fafard

For seedlings, temps are 25c day and 19c night, humidity is 60%, light power is 100%, light distance is 30 inches, light scedule is 18/6, fed with tap water.

First pict are the my 6 days old seedings (2x Malawi, one Panama, one K A5 Haze, all feminized versions). Second pict is the set up.
Do you normally put them closer to the light afterwards or keep them that way? Because I put mine higher up since yesterday, but mine are closer it seems. Also I had to write a comment on here so that you're thread will as a result show up much more easily whenever I search for it 😉

FeelHaze

Do you normally put them closer to the light afterwards or keep them that way? Because I put mine higher up since yesterday, but mine are closer it seems. Also I had to write a comment on here so that you're thread will as a result show up much more easily whenever I search for it 😉
It really depends on the power of your light. Seedlings do not need much light compared to a mature plant in the flowering stage. I start my seedlings at a distance of 30 inches from the light, gradually reducing the distance up to 24 in veg. In bloom, I reduce the distance up to 18 inches, knowing I had light burn in the past under that (at 15 inches).

Experiment a bit. If seedlings are stretching too much, then light is too far away.

Nextgeneration73

Little update at day 10 from germination. Yesterday, I did transplant the seedlings in their final pots. They look happy so far.

Killer A5 Haze : On the left, also on the second pict.
Panama : On the middle, also third pict.
Malawi : On the right, also fourth pict.

View attachment 18959401 View attachment 18959402 View attachment 18959404 View attachment 18959405
Unlike me you got the stem as low as possible, actually everyone does it like that, are you still growing in the same tent or a bigger one?

FeelHaze

Unlike me you got the stem as low as possible, actually everyone does it like that, are you still growing in the same tent or a bigger one?
Its probably because my plants are closer to the light so they don't stretch much. Also, when transplanting, I did burry the plants deeper to cover the excess stem. I will burry the stems even more with soil in a couple weeks after training the plants and removing the first couple nodes.

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Little update at day 10 from germination. Yesterday, I did transplant the seedlings in their final pots. They look happy so far.

Killer A5 Haze : On the left, also on the second pict.
Panama : On the middle, also third pict.
Malawi : On the right, also fourth pict.

View attachment 18959401 View attachment 18959402 View attachment 18959404 View attachment 18959405
Wait but by day ten from germination you mean ten days since it popped out of the soil or? Also is that the same as 10 days veg?

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
Good luck to you @buteo
Did you already selected your strains ?
I have to figure out a way to get genetics id like to run shipped here. Likely will arrange something. Right now my project is my outdoor I do every year using twenty20 strains(something good and snowG). Im trying them out to see what comes of these with these short flowering times.

After i get them out of the way i will do some indoor research and im on the hunt to find something that gives desired effects while handling outdoor conditions in my region.

FeelHaze

I have to figure out a way to get genetics id like to run shipped here. Likely will arrange something. Right now my project is my outdoor I do every year using twenty20 strains(something good and snowG). Im trying them out to see what comes of these with these short flowering times.

After i get them out of the way i will do some indoor research and im on the hunt to find something that gives desired effects while handling outdoor conditions in my region.
I found your thread. I'll be following your outdoor grow season.

FeelHaze

Here we are at day 14.

Seedling stage is clearly over and plants are now growing way faster. I think we'll see an explosive growth in the next week.

I also raised my temps from 25c (19c night) to 27.5c (21.5c night) and saw a significant difference in vigour. Sativas really do like higher temps ! RH is set at 60%.

1000004032.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts