What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dragor said:
hey Subrob and other Madness growers here -

i am slightly concerned about my Madness mama, when I woke up today her leaves were drooping pretty badly, so I figured it might have been the lower temperatures overnight or dried out soil since it had been 2 days since last watering and CMH dries out soil faster. So I watered her normally with minimal runoff of spring water pHed to 6.33 and she started to perk up slightly but not as much as her P91 cabmate which was just as droopy at first. I wonder if she has gotten light stressed from the 24hours of such a super strong light spectrum these past few days.

Is she easy to overwater? Can she take a lil heat stress okay (like high 80s)? what are some pesky behaviours of her to watch for? Thanks! Best always... -dragor-

p.s. thanks slacker for clearing up the a/w nncc confusion, makes sense.. looks great :) GL!

hey Dragor-how goes it man? I wouldnt worry too much about MADNESS-she is extremely resilient. are her leaves significantly larger then then the p? or rather has she maybe had a more extreme growth spurt then others recently? she tends to once in awhile just EXPLODE with growth then slow a little. she can take the heat as well as other strains, she is hardy. no real quirks, though she is a light hog! if you have two MADNESS side by side, with one getting better light then other, you will see a more marked difference then other strains might exhibit, other then that, just sit back and watch her kick the asses of other girls in the room! lol!!! she outgrows anything i put next to her-the P91 is going to be cool, maybe northern light can keep up with her. have you flipped her to 12s yet? let me know how it goes

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh yeah, a few pics too-

first up full shot of GRAPE APE cut grown hydro and NO F'NG PURPLE? how is this possible? whats more likely-canna substra nutrients so diff. then canna bio nutes, that she doesnt turn purple for one but does for the other ? OR there was a mixup of cuts and this is not GRAPE APE? whadda ya think?

this is the cut of SSH i got from APE, 8 days into 12s, and she got little budlets!

pre 98 BUBBA KUSH from APE still veggin!!!!!and veggin, and veggin....

hittin some still wet MADNESS- couldnt wait!

Moe Mist from joeschmoe and jdog:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
danjah said:
straw cough is screme and the cough
straw d is straw cough and sourd ibl
i dont know what made up screme but yeah came from cbf and i guess it was gifted to swerve and given out to ape

pretty sure that's how it went

who or what is CBF? seed company?

G

he's imo one of the top 3 growers on this site. i dont know anything of a seed co but he does im in

S4vvy

Hey sub. Dunno why that ape isnt turning for you. I know from experience that many people cant get urkle to turn purple :confused: Had that prob the first time i ran her and it was partly due to not flushing. Some people flush and still can't get any color...

G

Subrob nice pics man,,What do you think of the bubba??? how many days do you let your bubba flower???i went 65 days first on my (APE) Bubba.k grow,2nd grow i went 75days,,i like the 75 day beter...leaves changed to beatiful colors,,and what a taste.My bubba is a very tough plant,,the only plant i had that was resilant to powder mildew.i toped mine,Bubba has very tight sraight branching,dont veg the fastest yet the stretch isnt uncontrolibable,, trained mine to spread out alittle to get more light,it grows so tight together it seems like their not geting enough light with them big,top distintive shade leaves blocking the the light to the lower buds..i wouldnt mind trying the ssh,,do you know if she finishs faster then mr,nices version?????great pics and info everyone...JIMI

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
love it!

how was the madness Subrob?

is moe mist joes kali mist?

Last edited:

redwood-roots

Moe Mist is a backcross to the Kali Mist mother Joe maintains from JDog's Mustang Mist cross...if I remember correctly. I have a few Mustang mists in early bloom now.

praisehim.

Veteran
dragor: thanks so much... i went to my buddys an got the molasses ( had the budswell) i've got three weeks left.. so i figured.. one more week of it taking in nutrients. i use a palomar mix, not as strong as power flower but stronger than ocean forest. so i decided to experiment... i got some power flower an packed the top of the pots..then flushed. im hoping it puts more nutrients through an then like you said.. ten days before harvie or so... i'll hit it with the budswell an molasses. what do you think ? was that a dumb idea ? please be honest...haha thanks.

praisehim.

Veteran
i was wondering... anyone grow bullrider ? i used to get that shit back in the day... loved it sooo much... the smell..everything. i'd love to get my hands on some cuttings of that.. or at least some smoke...damn.

subrob: i've always had troubles with purps.... hope that grape comes out good. i'd give some advice if i had it. but i have no experience with that strain... so best of luck... it looks delicious.

Dragor

praisehim i think you should do the molasses and budswel combo for at least 2 weeks and at the prime of their weight-packing (for you its going to be weeks 6 & 7 probably), that means every watering. This is why its so important to make sure to FLUSH (no nutrients nothing) with water for the last 10 days (3 waterings preferrably). That's all :) nothing dumb just misunderstanding maybe

Dragor

I have tried almost everything I can think of to get this baby Madness perked up again but she is throwing a fit or something. I raised the light so dat its 12-15" from all tops now and I have the fan blowing excess hot air immediately away, and I opened up all the inlets nice and good so we'll see what happens.. She must be shocked, I'm thinkin I'll mist her a few times a day and hopefully she will cool off the grudge =/ I'ma post a pic soon, but indeed she is a significantly more powerful brancher than all others and I can envision the yield on this baby already hahaha! flippin to 12s in a week. Their heights are between 6-11" right now and will probably be like 10-14" when I start flowering so I wonder how tall I should expect these babies to get... Strawberry Cream is gonna stretch like 3x easy, as is Ice cream probably... Not so much for P91 or Cush I don't think... and Madness well that's a given for sure good stretch and packing on some nodage! lol

EDIT: CBF sells seeds at Breed Bay, some UK seed auction site, not sure of the validity of that site as this is all new to me too... =/

EDIT2: Here's a pic of the two heat shocked ladies: Madness (L) and P91 (R)
MadnessP91Heatshock.jpg

Last edited:

Dragor

Molasses (100% organic unsulphured): 1 tablespoon to a gallon
Budswel (yellow): 1 teaspoon to a gallon
Can try increasing these quantities half serving if the plants look like they loving it...
Try not to get much runoff w these important waterings...
Last 3 waterings though (i.e. flush) you want a good 20% runoff...
Pretty simple man, organics is the only/best way :) we're here to help too

Dragor

Subrob.. I think I discovered the answer to my issue - and it came actually from a lingering question we had about some photo back in your Madness photo thread... haha I took that crazy concept of covering the roots/soil and decided to put down a white paper covering, with belief that blocking the CMH bulb's UVB and high intensity light waves from penetrating the soil and causing the root system to heat up too much and the leaf vessels to constrict and cause curling. So far this has helped spring up the P and Madness some more for sure... I've never had to deal with such a thing but they must both have some sensitivity to their root systems (or it could be indicas don'tlike my new setup?).

Aroma report: So far P91 and Strawberry Cream are smelling the strongest when rubbing the main stems. P91 is an evergreen type musk and Strawberry Cream has a smooth fruity undertone already. I love all these cuts so far thanks APE! :)

Well I'm in a new dilemma now haha yikes!...
So the current heights of my mamas are:

Cush - 6"
Ice Cream - 7.75"
P91 - 8.25"
Madness - 9.25"
Strawberry Cream - 11.75"

...they have remained fairly short and stretched probably only an inch or 2 max over the past 3 days since I put them under the CMH and topped them, but, as expected, their side shoots have started branching out very vigorously on all plants except the youngest clone (Ice Cream) but its' coming along well for having to root, redirect auxins and deal with such strong light spectrum transition. I am wondering if it would be wise to just start flowering them now though? I only have a total of 28" available for plant height. I am ready to flip the switch tonight if Sub, APE and/or anybody else who's grown these five strains can give me more info... thanks in advance guys!! Cheers, Dragor

P.S. Sub how are your P91 and SCream ladies doing? I can't wait to see pics of them in flowering, I think you are ahead of me in the cycle :)- :wave:

Last edited:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
very nice dragor :) i hope you get to removing the white thing over the soil surface!
the rootzone needs to breath otherwise it will go anaerobic :(
so please dont take it the wrong way, i am just trying to help :)
the plants are lookin perfect other then the lack of O2 down there..its showin in the droopyness hehe

take care :)

Last edited:

Dragor

ethereal thanks dude for the feedback :) no negative vibes, all constructive criticism always appreciated. actually the droopyness started before I put the white covers on, it was from the new CMH light being so close to the clones/mamas that had been under CFLs before. I have been dealing with this problem for the past 2 days but its getting better, after moving the light up plenty high. I am not going to shock them any more and just get them started on flowering in these 1gal pots for the first week then transplant them to the 2gal full-flowering pots... I took the white covers off also and have a big oscillating fan now blowing over all the tops keeping the soil cool that way instead of reflecting rays away and creating anaerobic state ;) trich storm is coming soon!!!
:rasta: :lurk:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts