What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey swampdank-waddup....the pic of the ecsd looks like her..kinda hard to tell...cant really tell the chem d pics...lemme take a few pics, i got one going now...will post in a bit...
-moldy, nice pics man...cant wait to hear about the 'bread...
--nata...nice pic..what strain?
...wheres my $^*&%%&^ camera...i lose everything..

Dr.Diddy

If I could find all the pieces I would gladly Jb Weld it, that shit is strong. I love the colors on that nug, you guys make me wish I put up an outdoor crop this year...there is always next year. I hope to run some monsters next year, still looking for the right strain to go big with though. Still have to find a way to perpetuate my lil tent or move to something bigger to do it in. Not having meds sucks, I knocked into a branch a few days ago and realized today the branch didn't heal. Had to cut it, I feel like crap for breaking the rule of picking early...in this case it wasn't because I NEED it, but because I didn't want any rot/mold issues. SO when I smoke this quick dried nugget I will feel bad til it makes me feel good. Still need to post pics, I'll get in there tomorrow I promise!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
chem d at thirty something...late thirties i think
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yibidy

dang is that from peoples nursery care? i messed up the chem d i got from there so bad...i thought it was the funky feat chem mystery cut and it got pretty much eaten by a couple types of bugs but yours looks really nice, super frosty.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well, i dont call it tmv anymore...just to keep the peace i call it mv...it may not be tmv but it sure seems like a mosaic virus of some sort...the rest are fine...almost positive the only way it spreads is thru cloning...i use new blades for every plant when taking babies...and i dont use a cloner/recirculating...so it should not spread any further...
....yibidy..i didnt give it to them...i dont know where they got thier cut..
ogd...yep, this is a verified cut...the source it came from is legit w/o question...

praisehim.

Veteran
no luck with my b yet... just gonna buy a new one.. : ) but i've never heard of jb weld.. i'll look into that...thanks shan.

the tMV's a bitch... i found it on both of my og's an 2 headbands. but, i havent noticed the growth to be much slower at all..just a couple freaky leaves.

sub, what chem is that ? i remember ape tellin me theres a couple kinds... the one i got had really short arms..if any, an just one giant football shaped foxtail'y nug.. an smelled like a sweeter sour d...

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats the chem d...imo the most potent of the chems, though that opinion is based on my experience and others as i havent moked em all....and the fact that it is just one of the most potent, hard hitting, mind numbing smokes ive had in almost 30 years of smoking..haha

Last edited:
J

JeffSpicoli

APE's/ PNC's Chem D cut is known as the Joe B chem d cut... Joe B, being Joe Brand, aka Wonkanobe... Its the "west coast Chem d"...
The Chem D subrob has is the "east coast" chem d,.... Or Chemdog's cut.. instead of Joe B's.
Joe B's cut of Chem D, Doesnt show signs of TMV... whereas the Eastcoast/ Chemdog's Chem D cut shows TMV....

I have Ape's/PNC/ the Joe B cut of the Chem D... I have some at about 3 weeks in.. So when its all done, i can compare it to Subrob's Chem D...
Subrobs Chem D, is without a doubt the Real deal Chem D.... I will know shortly if APEs Chem D is the same.
It is said that the cuts are the same, yet one shows the Mosaic Virus...

I have also heard that the Chem D that was being circulated at PO, and GAM ended up being bunk chem d's? anyone else hear this?

Last edited:

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
Looking nice Sub
Yours definitely sport that shooga.
I am getting close to convinced that this is the D I have. I took a brach off last night cuz I simply could not wait any longer even though it is a good 5 days early. I didnt think she smelled too much until I brought that brach in and started trimming. Could have possibly caused a security breach. My brother happened by and he is privy to the garden since we exchange plants and such and he said he smelled dank at the front door. The shit really does have an offensive smell. I mean pure dankness so sweet whatsoever.
You definitely have that thing dialed in bro. I hope I can beef up the resin production to reflect those pics. I know the potential is there. Do you have any tips regarding feeding? I am also playing with FoxFarms powdered nute line but have no previous experience with any sort of mineral nutes as I am an organic fanatic. But I wanted to try something new ya know. So if you have any advice for me I would sooo appreciate it.
You Cali boys have it on lock. And I am glad I have an avenue to communicate with ya'll.
Thanks again. I will be chopping the ECSD (or whatever) in mid December since I am told she is best if bloomed for at least 80 days. I will try to get some better pics for you.

ECSD...

picture.php

ChemD

picture.php

And while I am tossing up pics. Here is my beloved SoCal MasterKush. I love her. SHe gets bloomed in every rotation.

picture.php

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
as far as d goes she seems to be a heavy feeder, from what ive seen of others' grows...my canna nutes are super light and she just eats em up....plants grown w canna bio also seem to develop slower than other nute lines...in the case of my garden, chem d hasnt even started to swell up or put out the frost yet....a week ago those leaves and buds were essentially dry with no resin production at all..she is gonna take off when she hits day 50...
---i was recently turned onto the socal masterkush...and while she does not seem to resemble master kush at all(in smoke, havent grown her) i fell in love with the herb instantly...the day i smoked my first bowl of her, shit the minute i did, i wanted the cut...gonna hafta make some room...
---and ya swamp dank, cali and the west coast have it goin on, but i been spending alot of time in the fuckem family threads and i would say the east has got shit dialed in for thier part....i dig that thread as there seems to be so much experience in there...also very intereting to see the different strains on the diff coasts!

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
Ya bro. I make our Jewels thread my first stop.
It's good to see you pop in as well. Not only does this coast sport some kickass growers. BUt there are great photographers as well. I dont feel as isolated with the F.A.M. holding it down.

I still come by this thread and check out your side. Due to the nature of our very different laws, and geography, you cats will remain on the A list as the west coast has for decades.

I am beginning to be really stoked about the D. She definitely has potential. And the good thing is I dont think I will be tired of testing her any time soon. I will probably use your pics and description as a benchmark for my own progress since I assume you have grown and smoked her quite a bit.

The MK is definitely great smoke. You can get a smell so rank out of her that at times it may cause nausea. Same as (you?) described earlier in the thread about OG I think.
I have never smelled real OG before but I do know that sickening sensation that good herb can give you when you have a bulk of it under your nose. :)

Thanks again for your insight. I will probably put more effort in to these cuts now that I am pretty much convinced they are legit. I am starting to see the subtle differences in the two now. They dont seem as identical as they did earlier. I guess we are getting to know each other. I can, however, see the relation. I bet that Mass. Skunk has super large calyxs too.

Later bud

S

Shan Diego

APE's/ PNC's Chem D cut is known as the Joe B chem d cut...

...unless it came in a rockwool cube...then, it came from another vendor and I dunno which one I got...here's my chem D from another vendor at 31 days, looks the same but no signs of mv:

bbing

We always got love for you and your bretheren MM!

Sub i think you should market your tmv as your "varigated" line....
a superbly fashioned plant with designer leaves :eggnog:

I am going to get rich using federal grant money developing a vaccine for this burgeoning market. :window:

Seriously though, there are a couple of great shots that depict the physiological response from the affected tissues. Notice the lateral symetry? Why does the virus affect only one side?? If i didnt know any better i would say that the virus effects auxins and other growth hormones (like it shuts them down completely). Gibrillic acid kinda creates an effect like that on any plant tissue (stems leaves etc...)....

Sometimes i think that genetic decay contributes to strain cuttings getting weakend or becomming more suseptable to this....

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
bbing-glad there are folks like you who want to figure out whys and hows..cuz i am very curious....but i dont see physiological responses and auxins and lateral....see, my brain just went numb...what was i saying? oh yeah, my chem has funny looking leaves! haha...

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
im gonna have to take a pic of the chemd s1 i have..she mildly passed this fungus to her offspring,thou she still is in a beer cup..jeje....bbing ive noticed this half infected issue dont know if it's relevent...for me personally i just move em from directly under the bulb and problem solved...that or just plain out healthy plant's from the get go...weird thing thou same cut chemd was ran and only a couple showed fungus factor???dunno were looking in a certain batch to find the new one.....
shan u got a hole shot?.....late

Latest posts

Latest posts