What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice yielding plants and colas huh? and i think these are shots from when i did her hydro right before harvest!
14641GDP38_025.jpg

14641GDP45_015.jpg

14641GDP63_004.jpg

FaderVader

Agreed Rob 0_o that looks more like the GDP i got from Ape last year, although you got that dialed in lol !_!

If that others GDP cut we got i wanna know what your doin too Humble!

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
SD Madness

SD Madness

speaking of Madness...
I was just out looking at my outdoor Madness girl. She' getting close to done & her fan leaves are yellowing heavily. What I was loving is the fact that those fan leaves detach VERY easily. Basically touch them & they fall off. It seems like a minor thing but I like to get everything yellow or dead off my plants to facilitate air & light penetration. It's nice not to have to man handle the plant to get those off!

praisehim.

Veteran
obamas the shit ! no more feds ! yeah ! ...hopefully.

anyone try euphoria ? my friend bought a pack of there unbleivably priced seeds..got 2 moms.. which got me clones ! stoked..its supposed to be like 50 percent thc.. : ) medicinal..

Mitochondrion

obamas the shit ! no more feds ! yeah ! ...hopefully.

Don't get me started on Obama, The guy who could talk. Besides all I understood was that nothing has changed, LOL. All he did is repeat What obama said before. In a different way. so that it sounds as though progress is being made. Nothing has changed. They are still guidelines. Only that. They will still raid under the same pretense as before. I repeat nothing has changed. Pretty much that is what I got out of it. If you are refering to the memorandum for selected United States Attorneys. Unless I misread it. By all means correct me if I am wrong, just be careful of your delivery - he he. -Deleted-This country is going to ruin. As long as we are run by the bank and/or bankers this country will run on greed,or whoever else we can pay to maintain our greedy ass way of life. But I will stay positive, sec.... smoking............ ... .. .

Euphoria on the other hand looks very promising :)

Sub Rob - In looking at your GDP, I was thinking about all of these purples and how all the ones I have experience with look the same. Like Lavender, Purple Urkle, GDP. Speaking of which, your GDP looks VERY similar to some LA Confidential I just detailed. I would need to see closer pics of yours. I had a chance to pick up some Medocino purps. When I was researching it, I had a hard time tracking a guide for it due to the name. I did however run across this somewhat interesting post by Duncan Idaho, which follows:
"from what i understand u can only get purple thru clones(i know it sounds dumb) but i got it from an article at the hightimes website it doesnt say to much but here it is By Subcool
Not this - ^^^^^ But this next part
Purple Urkel is a clone-only strain that seems to be the rage among medical clubs and cannabis connoisseurs. Danny Danko asked me to do some research on the popular strain and report on our current project using an Urkel clone mother. Purple Urkel is known for growing somewhat slowly, but its other traits make it very desirable. It turns an amazing purple late in bloom, possesses the most amazing grape/lavender flavor and gives a nice strong stone. But where did it come from?

Purple Urkel or Humboldt Purple (a.k.a. Purple Urple) has been growing in southern Humboldt County since approximately 1989. The Mendo cats are responsible for renaming it “Lavender,” among several other names. A good friend, White Trash Redneck, has grown the Mendocino Lavender cut side by side with the Humboldt Purple Urple/Urkel—as well as the Bridgeville Black Afghan, Nepalese Purple, Pakistani Purple Kush and Tooty Fruity Purple—and he swears they’re all the same cut, renamed.

White Trash Redneck also went on to tell me that the Humboldt Purple cut seems to be an old-school IBL, or Inbred Line, making it ideal for use in breeding projects. He’s bred more than 20 Urkel hybrids and has been impressed with all of them. I’ve discovered quite a few other Purples that are likely the same cut as well, going by such names as Garberville Purple Kush (a.k.a. Swerve’s Cut), Mendocino PK and Kyle Kushman’s PK. An Internet source I’ll leave unnamed says about Kyle’s PK:

Kyle Kushman’s “Purple Kush” is the plant that made Kushman famous after a photograph of the Kush made the cover of the New York Times Magazine about 12 years ago.The magazine is not a weed-centric publication, and the article stated how much real money is made by indoor gardening based on black-market forces and the technology that was in place then (grow lights, seeds, hydro systems, etc). In the article the grower (presumably Kyle) states that the plant was found in a group of Northern Lights x Purple Indica seeds. Kyle was living out east at the time and soon became a writer for HIGH TIMES.

I would assume that the Mendocino and Garberville versions are the exact same, as this is prime herb-growing country here in North Cali, and it would be really easy for one grower to give a clone to another fellow grower. The Emerald Triangle (Humboldt, Mendocino and Trinity Counties) is known for the quantity of MJ it produces, both indoor and outdoor"

I don't about the validity of this but I suspected something to this effect. GDP is Big bud crossed with Purple Kush. It kinda puts things in perspective as I have always felt that purps were all the same. Like I said that lookes like some La confidential I took down about 4 days ago. I let mine go and they purple but the structure and the way yours is purpleing looks exactly how mine progressed.

Last edited:

praisehim.

Veteran
mito: i gotta say man, i love obama an definetely get what youre saying, but i believe hes the man really for change. it might take a while, but i dont think hes gonna bluff us for so long. la just got their moratorium withdrawn, so you never know, it might be striking those who believe in obama, maybe even judges..

quote: This country is going to ruin. As long as we are run by the bank and/or bankers this country will run on greed,or whoever else we can pay to maintain our greedy ass way of life.

very well said an very true my man. were just in the beginning of being owned, literally. we'll eventually be the property of this government. not us, but all our assets....our homes, business's, everything. its shitty, but inevitable. unless you believe in that 2012 bullshit, which means youre already ruining your life with depression.haha.

humbleguy

Veteran
Subrob-

I'm positive I don't have the same cut you referenced in your post. Bummer. I am not sure what I got. Your GDP looks identical to the 'Lavender' cut I received from a friend last year. I axed her due to yield discrepancies but did successfully cross her to the Spacequeen male I mentioned previously. Should be tasty with a much better yield. Thanks for the pics bud.

Mitochondrion

Subrob-

I'm positive I don't have the same cut you referenced in your post. Bummer. I am not sure what I got. Your GDP looks identical to the 'Lavender' cut I received from a friend last year. I axed her due to yield discrepancies but did successfully cross her to the Spacequeen male I mentioned previously. Should be tasty with a much better yield. Thanks for the pics bud.

Sounds interesting - and the bubba looks Breath taken. Hey is that a macro with your new Cam. Or is that a point and shoot pic? Nice shot of the crystal highway.

guest396

Rob-Humble

Rob-Humble

goodmorning san diego and ic'ers.

i don't know guys with a little veg......

this is my GDP and i have more recent pics as she is about to go into flower..... this shot is nothing, wait til you see her pics from a week after this, and this is after cuts!

now you can continue to wonder or compare leaf structure. your choice. enjoy either way i can hardly wait as i have smoked this cut!

OHGEE

G

guest5703

Green Ice had another week to go before she was fully ripe, but she will still do....It was nuts, about 5 days ago I started to see caterpillars, babies, everywhere. I read up and it seems moths lay their eggs in large amounts, then caterpillars ravage everything...SUCKS, this GI was seriously heading towards the hall of fame for my outdoor...But once again it got fuuucked. Oh well, I'll do what I can with the buds, and probably end up making a lot of dank BHO! She finished somewhere around 40 days....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
well my san diego brethren, I have to tip my hat to you this time.

Just happened to notice a little something earlier while looking at my control panel on the good old IC. I decided to take a screen shot to show you all too. These are my two favorite threads and the total views on each is just staggering to me. SD never fails to represent and you all are doing a fine job of keeping that SD tradition alive (way more so than our football team but thats another discussion entirely =))

picture.php

humbleguy

Veteran
Soulfly- Lots to look at I guess. San Diego represent.

Subrob- Here's the GDP(??) I got from PNC. Definitely a monster. Exxtremely root bound, lots of fan yellowing. I wasn't prepared for specimens this size. Going to cut back on the nutes and try to force ripening. I think I'll give her a run in the ol' ebb&gro buckets next time.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

G

guest5703

SO IS THAT MADNESS???? ^^^ Looks like Subrob may have turned a GDP into APE, only to find out it was actually madness?????