What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

San Diegos Finest Cuts #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
humble-aint she a fun plant to grow? and that smell!
--gt-cant wait to see how this turns out man! keep us updated!
--mito-nice harvest pic man...nothin like a cupboard full of variety!

Just want to shout out a big 'thank you' to subrob for all the bomb pictures of SD's Finest and helping spread some good genes! I knew exactly what I wanted at PNC a few days ago and was so excited to pick up some cuts of Madness and J1. Unfortunately SCBB was out but APE mentioned there is a chance madness and SCBB could possibly be the same and you (subrob) might do a side by side grow soon?

Either way thanks for supporting the community. The C99 and Master Kush I have been running is good, but I'm excited to switch it up and try these new strains now.
--happy to spread what was spread to me(many contributions to me were from journeyman...and hopefully more in the future<cough cough hint hint cough>)! ironically enough, i still havent had much scbb, but it seems pretty unanimous among those that have had plenty of both scbb and madness that they are not the same...me and ape been talking bout me doing that side by side for awhile, but there are just so many strains to grow! haha..madness and j1 together is a nice crop, especially if its a small grow..journeyman is spot on...ya got madness for PLENTY of nice smoking skunkysweet buds, and the flavor of J1 to me is pure gatorade! even though i was disappointed w the J1 i got at the dispensary, the smell was so nice to inhale again. and wait til you see the resin she produces! have fun and good luck!

Last edited:
Here's a few more plant shots... I gotta figure out how to insert pics!

The first two are Blue Widow, 2nd two are Ed Rosenthal's Super Bud

Attachments

• bluewidow1.jpg
    bluewidow1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 14
  • bluewidow2.jpg
    bluewidow2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 15
  • ed1.jpg
    ed1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 16
  • ed2.jpg
    ed2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 14
2 more shots of Ed, 2 shots of my strain Pig Fucking Rhino

Attachments

• pigfuckingrhino2.jpg
    pigfuckingrhino2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 13
  • pigfuckingrhino1.jpg
    pigfuckingrhino1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 13
  • ed4.jpg
    ed4.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 15
  • ed3.jpg
    ed3.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 12
1 more shot of pig fucking rhino and 3 shots of strawberry creme, this pheno smells like strawberry champagne, one of my fav smelling plants that i'm currently growing!

Btw just had some more seeds fall in my lap today

Some of these I already have or had previously and got more of:

Lifesaver x G13 Afghan
Gruru's - Velvatine Rabbit
Grurus - Pacific POW - (Purple G x Pacific G13)
Motarebel - Purple Czar (Black Russian x Burmese)
KK Strawberry Cough x The White
Fire OG x Indiana Bubblegum
Motarbel - Black Domina x Ultimate Moonshin
Motarebel - Yumbolt
Motarebel - Rombolt
Motarebel - Chemota Dragon (Chemo x Killer Queen)
Motarebel - Killer Queen v2
Motarebel - C99 x Guido
OG ******? - Strawberry x Bubba

Attachments

• strawcreme1.jpg
    strawcreme1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 14
  • strawcreme3.jpg
    strawcreme3.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 14
  • strawcreme.jpg
    strawcreme.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 15
  • pigfuckingrhino3.jpg
    pigfuckingrhino3.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 15

Dr.Diddy

I have a few sour 60 AF's that turned male. All strong plants, just dont have space for them. If anybody wants to mess around with some auto-pollen, pm me and let me know.

humbleguy

Veteran
Humble, How long did you veg that sdx for? By low watts would that be around 35-40w sq' ? Thanks JK

the pictured plant is 30" southwest of my bulb(1000w) I'm in a rough 4.5x4.5' area, the distance helped her stretch a bit and I will prolly scoot her in a little closer over the next week and then rear her back for a final fade. I don't think she will yield unless she really swells here in the next week. pictures later this week.

Whaddup with the gro show Voo? How's the Thaitanium?

Jalisco Kid

Thanks as always nice pics. I am looking for some tree genetics and need one more flavor. I was offered sdx a while back,yours was one of the first whole plant shot I have seen. I was hoping ypu flipped her around 8". I can veg my plants 6-7 weeks. JK

humbleguy

Veteran
Thanks as always nice pics. I am looking for some tree genetics and need one more flavor. I was offered sdx a while back,yours was one of the first whole plant shot I have seen. I was hoping ypu flipped her around 8". I can veg my plants 6-7 weeks. JK

8" at most

V

Voodoo

Whaddup with the gro show Voo? How's the Thaitanium?

My apologies lol, I was enjoying a long day of super silver haze and 4 player Wii racing. Lets get the girls out!

The Fire OG has really taken off, looking like shes going to bush up the way I want her to.
100_1967.jpg

Chocolope has switched into full flower. As you can see, my rosebush method of hacking the plant back slowed flowering by about a week, but with a thai variant (especially one thats crossed with a haze) is hard to keep tiny and a 2X2 foot bush of a plant is about all I can effectively light up.
100_1965.jpg

Alien Dawg is a grower and a shower. Its day 28 and the thing is already starting to frost over like the Chernobyl and Sour Diesel.
100_1960.jpg

Amstel Gold truckin away. I think this one will be fully ripe at around 50 - 55 days, the satellite leaves are starting to curl upwards already.. Shes an outdoor though, I just wanted to see how she'd react. So far, so good, with a fruity smell to boot.
100_1970.jpg

Chernobyl is pretty, that is all. :)
100_1959.jpg

100_1958.jpg

Sour Diesel at 50 days looks like at 120ish its going to yield a quarter pound. Literally the whole plant has become a flower now, much like the purple did, where it starts to become hard to find stem. What a problem to have!!
100_1962.jpg

Purple OG Kush is still in flower (why not, its got a great root system) so heres a shot of "stumpy" at 57 days. You can see the damage the mites inflicted on the lower leaves where they were propagating and infecting the rest of my plants. The plant has since been HOSED in organicide and is pest free. Im planning to run this another month or so and let it turn into some colas, then clipping it.
100_1964.jpg

I have waaay too much fun with my medicine.. See you all next week!

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Alien Dawg may just have to find it's way into my garden. Thanks for the Show Voodoo.

So...I got to the bottom of my last harvest a few days ago which prompted me to go on a search for an oz at a tolerable price. I was prepared to trek to OC / LA but ended up finding something decent in San Diego. As part of my adventure I decided to look into a few collectives that would be on my way. Much to my surprise I saw a place on Miramar offering "P91 Ortega". The budtender was clueless as to any back story but I gotta think it's fruit from the very first batch of P91 x Ortega seedlings I donated to PNC when they were still in sorrento valley. I've sent out a PM to someone I know who grew some of those seedlings to possibly get conformation.

I was gifted what the place called a pre-rolled joint of it. The guy broke up the display bud, rolled it, and had me lick it....not exactly what I'd call a "pre-rolled" but better. I brought it home & saved it for my first smoke of today so I could get an unadulterated impression of it. Here it is-

Taste- M'eh....I guess I really am a snob. Never mind I was smoking ammonia stank mexi brick weed prior to 2004. If my smoke doesnt have a prominent & enjoyable flavor, it leaves me unsatisfied. This wasnt horrible but had a bit of cigarette ashtray taste. From personal experience, I know the Ortega can come out Hay-like if not flushed / cured carefully. If done right it can come out with a soft strawberry taste.

Effects- I broke the joint open & divided it into 3 small bowls. After the first one I thought- Strong! Starting at my eye lids, up through my scalp, then all the way down my back, muscle tension eased. Very indica but with an opening of mental focus vs the tunnel effect some indicas can give. Since one bowl was good I thought "Two will be better"....it was.
I got the dog out for a walk & though I initially was feeling a bit weak in the knees, it was very pleasant. I even managed to talk to a couple people. I burned the last bowl about an hour after the first and continued the ride.
I'm thinking this stuff comes with a bit of a burn out at the end. As long as I wasnt already in mental hyper-drive, I think this strain could help me get some good sleep.
I was excited to get a sneak preview of this project.

Peace

FaderVader

Nice GT :tiphat:

Well p91xortega revisit for the new thread :dance013:

Some shots of the seeds during first grow and last pic is the pheno that was kept has fire orange hairs @ 6 weeks !_! but wanna try running it a full 9 and see how it is, only run it 7-8 weeks on that cut.

DSC_2179-1.jpg

DSC_2178-1.jpg

Although not the top yielder, this one has excellent bag appeal :jump: (also pretty sure this shot is @ 6 weeks!)

DSC_2173.jpg

thanks 2 SUBROB/VOODOO those pics made my weekend things lookin good keep it up san diego! peace and VADER wooo those ladies lookin nice

humbleguy

Veteran
Grape fruit Haze, 20 days, I'm seriously considering a name change on this one. This smells nothing like grapefruit and everything like a tangerine.

Chernobyl, Sleep Train pheno

biglove

hey humble, did you get that grapefruit haze from PNC? Does anyone know where they ended up?

I'd like to get a few more flavors going to add to the stable we have now. I'm tryng to stay at 60 days flowering or under with a nice wake and bake stone or a devastating indica but I'm all about great taste in the vape. any recommendations would be great. right now we have og kush, blackberry kush, sour d, sour d x og kush, white berry, and a mystery bullrider from PNC that aint br but it's really nice n tasty I'll try to get pics n post em.

thanks for any input,

BL

M

medfinder

pnc?

pnc?

Pnc moved to long beach, p.m me if u need the address.

Heres some random kushes.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• bb 012.jpg
    bb 012.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 12
  • bb 007.jpg
    bb 007.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 13