What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

San Diegos Finest Cuts #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
*****p91 branchless..the only way to grow her! ha
14641recentliest_009.jpg

Home defense bud :spanky: LOL!

Hey Sub,
How big were those P-91 when flipped? Were the side branches trimmed off or were they just flipped so early they didnt get their branchy-ness going? also...dropped you a PM when you can check your in-box.

Peace

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
CINDY IN DA HOUSE!
picture.php

****picked up some J1 at a dispensary this week..kinda disappointing...but heres some pics of J1 when its rocked!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
EDIT-Come on guys where is everyone at???? I didn't wanna post a two in a row so I'm editing this post to show how my ladies are doing...This shot was taken last night, only 1 week 5 days into flower!!!
....aint nothin wrong with posting two in a row brother! haha

G

guest5703

Humble, many of us grew her and since the first runs of her she has gone down hill....Zoolander mentioned it could have been a PH matter...What is your PH for that Sour Dubble there?? Peace

J

*Journeyman*

picked up some J1 at a dispensary this week...kinda disappointing...but heres some pics of J1 when its rocked!
Heh heh...yes bro you did rock it! J1 is one of my all time favorite smokes and you did her justice. Seems she's all over the SF Bay area now and for sure nothing to do with me. People now asking me for a legit cut...LOL.

V

Voodoo

Soooo, I WAS spider mite free in flowering until today when I saw a mite on the Sour Diesel and a spot of Powder! Not ok, time to investigate.

Took everything out, cleaned like hell, reevaluated the ventilation system, doubled the airflow.

Went through the girls with a fine tooth comb. Sprayed the girls that weren't to be cut for 4 weeks or more with organocide, which based on its smell, is a mixture of fish and death.

I went through all the plants with spray and of course the culprit is the plant I was going to hack next week, and thus did not spray, the Purple OG Kush.

Meh, Id rather cut one plant back massively a little early, hose the stumpy remains in pesticide and start over again rather than chance reinfecting the other girls. Cleanliness over all other!

So heres a shot of the Purple OG Kush cut at 55 days. It was just starting to get pretty too. It's probably better, I was totally out of flowers anyway..

100_1955.jpg

Id say its going to come out to about 1.3 - 1.5 oz total, which from what is a 1 cubic foot area lit by CFLs isn't a bad, but could have been soo much better had it been allowed to go the full 70 or so days that I was planning for it..

Edit; Teehee, Im a rookie. A friend (who has a lot more experience eyeballing weight) laughed when I showed him this post and the flowers and said that I need to learn how to guesstimate better. He swears it will dry out to 2-2.25oz. I was erring on the side of caution, but it looked like closer to 2 to me as well. Always good to know you're not blowing smoke right?

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Soooo, I WAS spider mite free in flowering until today when I saw a mite on the Sour Diesel and a spot of Powder! Not ok, time to investigate.

Took everything out, cleaned like hell, reevaluated the ventilation system, doubled the airflow.

Went through the girls with a fine tooth comb. Sprayed the girls that weren't to be cut for 4 weeks or more with organocide, which based on its smell, is a mixture of fish and death.

I went through all the plants with spray and of course the culprit is the plant I was going to hack next week, and thus did not spray, the Purple OG Kush.

Meh, Id rather cut one plant back massively a little early, hose the stumpy remains in pesticide and start over again rather than chance reinfecting the other girls. Cleanliness over all other!

So heres a shot of the Purple OG Kush cut at 55 days. It was just starting to get pretty too. It's probably better, I was totally out of flowers anyway..

100_1955.jpg

Id say its going to come out to about 1.3 - 1.5 oz total, which from what is a 1 cubic foot area lit by CFLs isn't a bad, but could have been soo much better had it been allowed to go the full 70 or so days that I was planning for it..

NOOOOOO!!!!!!! :comfort:

If this happens again late into flowering, use;
6 tablespoons or 100ml. bleach to one gallon water and hose the plant down with this mixture when lights are off.... :)

About the mites, look into Spinosad, very good and very safe, I've used it up till a week from harvest. Also for prevention you can spray floramite when putting a new plant into the flowering room :ying:

Hope this helps in the future :tiphat:

humbleguy

Veteran
Humble, many of us grew her and since the first runs of her she has gone down hill....Zoolander mentioned it could have been a PH matter...What is your PH for that Sour Dubble there?? Peace

Cali- 5.5-6.5, I usually let my slabs swing without any issues. She seemed to respond well to lower light levels.....

Bummer on the mites voo... Can't wait to see your thaitanium update this Saturday....

V

Voodoo

NOOOOOO!!!!!!! :comfort:

If this happens again late into flowering, use;
6 tablespoons or 100ml. bleach to one gallon water and hose the plant down with this mixture when lights are off.... :)

About the mites, look into Spinosad, very good and very safe, I've used it up till a week from harvest. Also for prevention you can spray floramite when putting a new plant into the flowering room :ying:

Hope this helps in the future :tiphat:

I will be adding spinosad to my arsenal soon enough, great info!

M

medfinder

Ive used spinosad kinda like Bt, bacteria that explodes the bugs from the inside out.

Good luck with that!

Almost wishing I had not gone to progressive options collective and got some bargin bin clones.

Some fungi and also 2 spotted mites came with trhe deal.

although I dunked these in neem 2 times, eggs still hatched so I putt them into the Nopest strip area.

Not even cockroaches survive the nopest strip room!

Picked up some C-4 clone from another coop.

hhmm..well see.

fungi all gone via Dacanil.:wave:

Mitochondrion

Medfinder - I recieved that cut from a friend here in SD.

subrob- Nice pics sub

Humble - that looks redonkulous. I am about to give her a shot as well.

voodoo - sorry to here a bout the Purp OG. :comfort:

So here is most of what I got from this run minus the bottoms of about 7 plants which I have left to ripen.
picture.php

Here are somethings I have in an uninsulated garage in a place colder than mine. we had some enviromental issues which proved exceedingly difficult to compensate for and it stretched us out a mite. These things are at 86 days, LOL. Pardon the clorophyll crisp in these shots which were taken with a crappy camera in crappy lighting. Here is some ESCD all o' foxtail, I got from a friend here in Dago. The bottom of this plant is beefy compared to the top, but it's all white.

picture.php

Some green crack....
picture.php

....Some killer Queen which I have run three times now and is a winner imho. good yeilder, nice resin production, and packs a hefty punch.

picture.php

well I hope you all have a good one San diego! :)

Hey Y'all figured it was time for me to start adding in some stuff. Here's San Diego's own Clockwork Orange, which contrary to what certain collectives are saying, it is in fact, not avail in cut anywhere yet. Nor are there any seeds or are there any other phenos. Anyway, it was originally believed to be a White Widow x Pure Haze, however when noticing it maintained no traits of White Widow, much more interesting info popped out and we found it to be most likely a Jamaican Gold strain crossed to a haze variety. Powerrful to say the least!

Attachments

• clockwork_orange_new.jpg
    clockwork_orange_new.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 14
  • Floppy-Eared-Clockwork-Orange.jpg
    Floppy-Eared-Clockwork-Orange.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 16
  • orange1.jpg
    orange1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 15
  • orange2.jpg
    orange2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 16
Here's some pictures of Super Hog (Master Kush x Original OG Kush x Hawgsbreath)

Attachments

• superhog4.jpg
    superhog4.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 14
  • superhog8.jpg
    superhog8.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 16
  • superhog15.jpg
    superhog15.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 15
  • superhog11.jpg
    superhog11.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 14
And an article in Treating Yourself Vol. 20... ahh last month or a few months ago discussing San Diego!

Attachments

• treating yourself.jpg
    treating yourself.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 17
  • treating yourself 001.jpg
    treating yourself 001.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 17
  • treating yourself 002.jpg
    treating yourself 002.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 23

Vorsprung

Just want to shout out a big 'thank you' to subrob for all the bomb pictures of SD's Finest and helping spread some good genes! I knew exactly what I wanted at PNC a few days ago and was so excited to pick up some cuts of Madness and J1. Unfortunately SCBB was out but APE mentioned there is a chance madness and SCBB could possibly be the same and you (subrob) might do a side by side grow soon?

Either way thanks for supporting the community. The C99 and Master Kush I have been running is good, but I'm excited to switch it up and try these new strains now.

J

*Journeyman*

was so excited to pick up some cuts of Madness and J1.
Both are very good. I know Madness was, maybe still is, Subrob's 'apple pie' smoke and J1 is mine. Madness will blow J1 away in the yield department but think you'll like the fragrance/flavor of J1 better for starters.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Hey All,
Well, it's really early to be picking winner phenos out of the small batch of P91 x Ortega beans I sprouted but this one has me interested. It seems to be tighter node-ed and less brancy. There are 5 colas-to-be similar to the one in the picture on a 1 gal plant

P91 x Ortega Day 20 (Black label peno)
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.