What's new

Samson's Medical Outdoor 18x200 Smarties

odogyouknow

Damn, things are looking quite healthy over there!

Your soil mix looks bomb, how much peat and coco is in those? Has it helped in drying out pots faster or does it hold water?

talktosamson

Veteran
Damn, things are looking quite healthy over there!

Your soil mix looks bomb, how much peat and coco is in those? Has it helped in drying out pots faster or does it hold water?

The Dirt: A special custom made blend at a local shop.
- Contains Vital Earth's® Organic Compost OMRI
- Contains Vital Earth's® Coconut Pith (low saline)
- Contains Sphagnum Peat Moss
- Contains In-House Earthworm Castings
- Contains Earthworm Bedding
- Contains Vital Earth's® Pumice Stone
- Contains Vital Earth's® 5-9-4 Rose&Flower
- Contains Vital Earth's® 9-3-1 Bat Guano
- Contains Vital Earth's® Powdered Glacial Rock
- Contains Vital Earth's® Mycorrhizal
-Also had them add a few extra secret ingredients and local manures.

Its truthfully REALLY dirty and dense, more so than happy frog lets say, reminds me of a darker colored ocean forest, we added perlite to the mix early on as well. Of the 18, 16 are the new dirt we ordered and 2 are amended roots 707 dirt from last year, which is really heavy in coco. I have to water the two Roots pops 2x much as the custom dirt.

talktosamson

Veteran
Its my faithful Pit Bull's 8th birthday today, so heres a shot of him doing his favorite thing, and a bonus shot of my big Plushberry!

picture.php

Cages starting to get constructed

picture.php

More Cages

picture.php

One more Samson Shot and Plush Berry

picture.php

talktosamson

Veteran
Things are blowing up in my yard!

Things are blowing up in my yard!

Been feeding them quite a bit in the last week or so, that and solid 90 degree temps have the really getting after it. Only about two weeks until the fun starts around here.

picture.php

Pre 98 Bubba
picture.php

Chem Dawg x Sour Diesel
picture.php

Strawberry Diesel
picture.php

Chem D, Strawberry Diesel, Headband and Chem D x Sour Diesel
picture.php

HorseMouth

Your Lineup is amazing. All the right flavors, and all the right extras around them for them to grow up right, (righteous). That last pic, Chem d, Strawberry D, Headband, Sour D is just incredible.

What's your approx trigger date? Aug 4th for me, but I'm all Light Dep this year. Hopefully Next year I'll run a few full season.

Anymore flybys recently? I had one last week, mostly over the National Grasslands, but I watched him make his way over the Deschutes and check me out. Same Chopper the last 3 years.

Hope to see you this fall, love to get a taste trade on.

Peace

talktosamson

Veteran
Your Lineup is amazing. All the right flavors, and all the right extras around them for them to grow up right, (righteous). That last pic, Chem d, Strawberry D, Headband, Sour D is just incredible.

What's your approx trigger date? Aug 4th for me, but I'm all Light Dep this year. Hopefully Next year I'll run a few full season.

Anymore flybys recently? I had one last week, mostly over the National Grasslands, but I watched him make his way over the Deschutes and check me out. Same Chopper the last 3 years.

Hope to see you this fall, love to get a taste trade on.

Peace

Thank you sir. I pride myself on variety! Im thinking two weeks, I went over my notes from last year and I did my first big feeding of bloom food on August 10th or so. Im seeing my indicas start to stack nodes close together, not flowering yet but getting ready. Fly overs have been few and far between this year, we have BLM land to our west side 100 acres or so and ive seen them out working. Had one extended visit in the spring where I assume they counted us. We are small fish though, since I drive by a greenhouse that I know has 100 plus plants in it every day on the way to work. We have 18 in the open, some flowering in and indoor room and a small light dep shed, so we are way under number wise. Decided instead of doing big numbers this year I would try to grow less numbers and better overall plants. Has been a much better experience this round, wife and I both have day jobs, which couldn't be said in previous years and only having 18 monsters to deal with after work each day.

talktosamson

Veteran
Hello all, been gone for a while doing weddings and birthdays and funerals for a month it seems. Things are in full swing in my yard right now, were in full on flower and the stink is getting pretty massive every day.

Stood up on my orchard ladder to take a good areal photo of the yard.

picture.php

picture.php

Pre 98 Bubba Ive been documenting all summer

picture.php

Big Plush Berry

picture.php

talktosamson

Veteran
Boost Chunking Up

Boost Chunking Up

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I would say my average plant size is between 7-8 feet not counting the pots, and 4-6 feet wide. My smart pots are custom made and around 4.5 feet across for reference. Feeding heavy every other water with Age Old Bloom, Earth Juice Microblast and Roots HPK. Also top dress with high phos guano early this week. Do a guano top dress once a week from here on out.

talktosamson

Veteran
Beautiful Sam!!! How much do you expect off those hogs on average?

Whats up gold. My biggest plant last year went 2.5 with the average coming in around 1.75 pounds. I really think if I stay aggressive with the feedings and the weather holds, they will all go 3+ this year. My Big Chem D has got to be approaching 9 feet tall, and so wide it could hide my subaru if I park behind it.

good lookin plants samson! nice and healthy...proper bushyness too. that headband is a beast!

Thanks prop, the cages I made this year really helped with the bush, Im going to need secondary support here soon though.

M

mr.shiva

Your flowering ones are way ahead of mine, looking nice over there.

talktosamson

Veteran
Your flowering ones are way ahead of mine, looking nice over there.

Thanks Shiva, we get 9-10 hours of solid sun in my back yard so we start flowering sooner than others and finish a little sooner as well. Damn all these trees on my property anyway

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Nice! glad I found your grow here. I'm curious whats the basics of being "OMMP compliant"?
you mentioned getting flown and counted but left alone. I think I remember your state having big personal weight limits. I remember seeing lots of gardens busted last year there too in the news. what's the deal there these days if you don't want the choppers interest?
do they fly over everything there like in hawaii?

looks like you got a great fall coming your way.
love that row of diesels...

talktosamson

Veteran
Nice! glad I found your grow here. I'm curious whats the basics of being "OMMP compliant"?
you mentioned getting flown and counted but left alone. I think I remember your state having big personal weight limits. I remember seeing lots of gardens busted last year there too in the news. what's the deal there these days if you don't want the choppers interest?
do they fly over everything there like in hawaii?

looks like you got a great fall coming your way.
love that row of diesels...

So the basic OMMP compliance is this, each patient can have 6 mature plants over 1 foot or in flowering stage, either or. Each person can have up to 4 cards, them self and a grower for 3 others.

So in theory a single person with 4 cards can grow 24 without getting much attention. This is what we are doing here except we are doing light dep with 6 plants, which is why only 18 in the lower yard. Ive done 48 plants before, 4 cards on me and 4 on my wife and the work level was too high with no extra help. The gardens you read about getting raided had 100-300 plants. The owner of the land rented plots out to growers and just had people put themselves as growers on his land. Technically he had enough cards, but the feds didn't take kindly to his abuse of the laws. Only gardens over 100 plants get raided down here, unless you are illegal or being totally stupid and disrespectful. We are quiet and we keep or property clean and tidy, no one has ever bothers us.