What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RSC's Bokeo

Zero Hedge

Veteran
Thank you. I’m very happy with how well they do here. I’m sort of just a steward- they get good soil, water and sunshine 🌞
Please post some pics it would add to this thread - as I’d like to see other’s versions, as well as let other ppl see what they do.
Peace and happy growing

Herbert Chickybaby

Thank you. I’m very happy with how well they do here. I’m sort of just a steward- they get good soil, water and sunshine 🌞
Please post some pics it would add to this thread - as I’d like to see other’s versions, as well as let other ppl see what they do.
Peace and happy growing
Yes, I will when they are a bit more interesting looking, with a few more pre-flowers which should be pretty soon, its making very good progress, probably will be another 14 footer at least like my Lao Sa hermy which is till cruising along after nearly 7 months. There's not really a good thread i don't think for my Real Seeds Lao Gold, which is about 6 foot and more clearly visible flowers and definitely a bit interesting.

Herbert Chickybaby

IMG_0626.jpg

This is my one Bokeo plant being grown down here in the Isaan lowlands. Its got a few female flowers and about 4 foot tall, or roughly a bit over a meter tall.

Herbert Chickybaby

Hey there @Herbert Chickybaby , your Bokeo looks great - all your plants do. I'm sure she loves her home

I went out today and my Bokeo is looking and smelling really beautiful. Thick and punchy odors of sweet and sour. The sweet is like carrot-sweet, and the sour is maybe lemon but I can't distinguish it right now. Lots of purpling from the cooler nights
View attachment 18934127
View attachment 18934128
View attachment 18934129
View attachment 18934130
View attachment 18934131
That sounds like a fucking incredible experience that you had with your Bokeos Mr. Hedges! Those smells sound fantastic. Wow, your plants look like you give them all the best too, so no one should be surprised they look and smell the way they do! I wonder what the effect is like.

I took down my 14 foot RSC Lao Sa two days ago. The night before there was a lot of rain again and that was the last straw, 95% percent of the bud material turned brown. I spent a number of hours salvaging some green and cleaning it all up as best I could with water and hydrogen peroxide, it was all very powdery mildewy. I was left with about an ounce of greenish brown material. As I look at it right now drying in this room it doesn't look as scary as i had feared, it looks about like the Thai stick we'd get back in the 70's.

Tons of seeds, in fact, today I discovered 6 Lao Sa seedlings growing in the pot next to where the Lao Sa was! They are the cutest little things, the cutest little baby monster marijuana plants I have ever seen! Maybe the mrs. could be persuaded to fashion them some adorbale little micro raincoats to keep them all dry and warm, its getting a bit chlly around here, 82 degrees, brrrr!

I will post pictures soon of these plants my Lao Sa left for us because they look great, better than anything I deliberately pop and plant. I don't know what i am going to do with them! Its like when one of my dogs got knocked up by the neighbors dog and you have six such amazingly cute puppies, it broke my heart to give 4 of them away. Of course the neighbors would not have any of the puppies, that would imply some kind of culpability and they deny it was their dog, but one of their sons told me and my wife we are absolutely correct there is no doubt, he saw the two dogs hanging out a lot away from our house before Jennifer got preggoh, only a year old dog as well but already mixed up with the wrong crowd and the puppies clearly look like this dog of the neighbors.

I already have been growing two more Lao Sas and they survived an attack from these puppies as well, as did the Bokeo! Oh no! Yes! No! Yes, we found her completely knocked over one morning about 5 days ago, puppy prints in the potting soil.But she's fine and all three other plants that were ravaged are back to normal, back to where they were before the attack, in fact they've all grown a bit and I have promoted the Bokeo to the best spot in the garden, with the best light exposure. I was going to put the Lao Gold there, but she is doing so well where she is, better not to mess with that i think.

Oh man, though Mr Hedgeclipper! Your pictures really inspire, now I really can't wait for the Bokeo to mature or any of them, it's just going to be the bomb season in that garden. I've got a dwarf Ace Zamaldelica-Kali-China that may be about finished in a week or two. I had a really nice one that got totalled back in September by bud rot, so this has been a long time coming, though this one now does not have the crazy multi-layers of smells that the previous one had, though its still very nice Southwest USA desert sagebrush kind of smells and quite resinous.

Herbert Chickybaby

Yeah, I have the same thoughts about my growing area. During the rainy season there was more light. If I take them outside that fenced in area they risk getting dug up by our dogs. The house next door is a problem, teenagers there and their friends sit out on this log and watch our house for hours, they'll rip the plants off if they see them. There's some trees blocking the direct sunlight for too much of the day.

Herbert Chickybaby

What made you think they need more light, Professor Hedges? I think the plant looks good anyway,
it is very rapidly starting to stack flowers now, but you have
some experience with growing this plant and maybe a better idea what it should look like perhaps.

Zero Hedge

Veteran
... you can just call me Zero, lolz
I just think they'd eat up more light if they got it. Nothing wrong with your plants at all... Your plants look great. I saw the plastic cover and thought that if you could, you should take it off. I also figured that the tarp was there for reasons other than giving them less direct light (e.g. for safety reasons). Flowers are staking up nicely. I'm stoked for your grow

Herbert Chickybaby

... you can just call me Zero, lolz
I just think they'd eat up more light if they got it. Nothing wrong with your plants at all... Your plants look great. I saw the plastic cover and thought that if you could, you should take it off. I also figured that the tarp was there for reasons other than giving them less direct light (e.g. for safety reasons). Flowers are staking up nicely. I'm stoked for your grow
Oh Ok, Zero the Bokeo Hero, gotchya! Yeah, I feel the same way about that plastic, a semi-translucent plastic "roof" that will no doubt filter som eof the natural light benefits out, lower the intensity too. We put it up because we wanted to see if we could cheat and grow weed during the rainy season, it was a very interesting but not that sucessfull experiment.

As It turned out, despite being able to keep nearly all of the monsoonal rain off with the plastic, the heat and humidity is still enough to create bud rot in nearly everything we tried to grow (Ace Zenith, Ace Panama, Ace Zamaldelica-Kali China, and to a great extent but not completely, RSC Lao Sa). Ace Honduras fared pretty well, I only had to throw out about a third of the bud and its cured for the minimum acceptable amount of time they say which is 2 months+ and I've smoked it a few times and its a nice chill out go to sleep weed, very powerful body high, strongest I have ever experienced and I smoked my share of Indica when I lived in Santa Cruz, California back in the 80's. I'm glad to have it and I'd certainly give you a jar of it if you were around here.

I still keep the plastic up, because it will still rain like hell from time to time in the dry season. I grew about ten auto-flowers during dry season last year and it was kind of a pain having to always get the umbrellas up and tied down because it started to look like rain. I tried just leaving some plants in the rain and pretty much wrecked the harvesting of those plants, they got botryitis pretty soon. The tarp is pretty high up, 20 feet, so a lot of light gets in anyway. Its really sunny today, not a cloud in the sky and the garden was looking amazing they were just eating that sunlight up, it was palpable, its really a joy to be growing those plants.

In today's news however they introduced to us the government official who will oversee Thailand's transition back to a country that has fully re-criminalized all THC containing products, even for medical use will be banned. Even CBD products will require a permit to use and the thousands of pot shops and farms, well, too bad for you, you shouldn't have tried to get in on the ground floor and jumped the gun they say. I will have to stop growing a few plants because it will mean 5 plus years in some of the worst prisons on earth, I would surely die and many do in Thai prisons for having a joint on them. Not worth it and i'm not that compelled that I can't help myself as much as I love growing some plants and like to smoke from time to time.

Herbert Chickybaby

Rolling into about the 3rd month from germination on my baby Bokeo in Northeast Thailand (isaan), just love this plant. 6 foot tall in 15 gallon pot with sand, clay, peat moss, perlite, vermiculite, worm castings, bat guano, dirt from compost, and cow manure. gets hit once to twice weekly with a table spoon of molasses, sea weed extract, fish extract sometimes, yogurt once in a great while and bat guano concentrate.

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

Old Uncle Ben

Ace Honduras fared pretty well, I only had to throw out about a third of the bud and its cured for the minimum acceptable amount of time they say which is 2 months+ and I've smoked it a few times and its a nice chill out go to sleep weed, very powerful body high, strongest I have ever experienced and I smoked my share of Indica when I lived in Santa Cruz, California back in the 80's. I'm glad to have it and I'd certainly give you a jar of it if you were around here.

You talking about Honduras? It's indica? https://shop.mandalaseeds.com/collections/ace-seeds/products/honduras-mandala-seeds-shop

In today's news however they introduced to us the government official who will oversee Thailand's transition back to a country that has fully re-criminalized all THC containing products, even for medical use will be banned. Even CBD products will require a permit to use and the thousands of pot shops and farms, well, too bad for you, you shouldn't have tried to get in on the ground floor and jumped the gun they say. I will have to stop growing a few plants because it will mean 5 plus years in some of the worst prisons on earth, I would surely die and many do in Thai prisons for having a joint on them. Not worth it and i'm not that compelled that I can't help myself as much as I love growing some plants and like to smoke from time to time.

That just sucks. I gotta ask, what in the hell are you doing over there? Family?

Good luck,
Uncle Ben

Herbert Chickybaby

You talking about Honduras? It's indica? https://shop.mandalaseeds.com/collections/ace-seeds/products/honduras-mandala-seeds-shop

That just sucks. I gotta ask, what in the hell are you doing over there? Family?

Good luck,
Uncle Ben
Yes family, and I have been here for 24 years, so its home to me I suppose. Not like I could go back to the states and do what, go broke growing pot or have my job application rejected by the CIA or the state department or something and end up on skid row where i would surely end up. The United States looks like a worse nightmare than just about anywhere to me anyway. I hope I never have to go back and i haven;t been back since 2001. Theres nothing there for me at all.

No, I meant that Honduras seemed like an "indica" to me initially, there was a lot of that in Northern California in the 80's and it was very popular, a selling point really to say you had Indica.

Been puffing on the Hondo this weekend though, its more multi-level than just an indica. Its really impressed me these last few days, I will grow it again and I am very curious how the seeds I got from it will turn out, they were pollenated by a Lao Sa which is itself a real polyglot of many types of Lao and even a Burmese lineage. But that smoke report you have refered to was based on a session in which I was sleep deprived and had been drinking wine when I broke it out, I think a few weeks ahead of when it might be considered getting in the zone of "cured." A month or so later, it has clearly developed, very relaxing but also very mentally stimulating, so no, now i would not characterize it as a typical Indica. I think its quite psychedelic as well. Its quite a unique smoke, or it is to me, I am not that widely smoked into various strains.

But its mixed with Colombians supposedly, that part of the lineage is not clear to Dubi at Ace either, its speculation come to think of it. They got the seeds from someone who had been to Honduras decades ago and the seeds amazingly were still viable. Theres speculation that theres Mexican strains involvedas well hence the discussion on the Ace Honduras thread often gets into whether a Honduras plant is the Colombian leaning pheno or the Mexican one. Mine had traits of both according to officionados of the ACE Honduras. There may well be so-called indica strains in the lineage of both Colombians and Mexicans. Pot has been in both of those places for centuries and a lot has passed through those countries.

OK sir, enjoy your weekend, I'm going to go watch the Tucker Carlson Putin interview.

Latest posts

Latest posts