What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RSC's Bokeo

Herbert Chickybaby

Such a great thread, thanks for the motivation and inspiration Mr. Hedges! Made my day seeing these! I've got my pack o' Bokeo #2 and poised to fire a few off here direct into the ground in N.E. Thailand in early June along with TRSC's Burma and some Panamas Hondurans and Zenith from Ace. I've got a semi enclosed steel pole 3 meter+ high area for hangin shade cloth and maybe going to try putting clear plastic over the area as a roof, instead of the usual shade cloth, to keep the rain off. I am wondering though if the clear plastic would filter any essential light wavelengths out or not as it does get hella rainy here in August September and keeping the plants as dry as possible is going to be key I figger. Otherwise, if I find out that clear plastic blocks the sun too much I may have to hold off and plant at the normal time in August, which I am also planning some runs for anyway. If my Bokeos take off I will surely post pics here.

Zero Hedge

Veteran
Such a great thread, thanks for the motivation and inspiration Mr. Hedges! Made my day seeing these! I've got my pack o' Bokeo #2 and poised to fire a few off here direct into the ground in N.E. Thailand in early June along with TRSC's Burma and some Panamas Hondurans and Zenith from Ace. I've got a semi enclosed steel pole 3 meter+ high area for hangin shade cloth and maybe going to try putting clear plastic over the area as a roof, instead of the usual shade cloth, to keep the rain off. I am wondering though if the clear plastic would filter any essential light wavelengths out or not as it does get hella rainy here in August September and keeping the plants as dry as possible is going to be key I figger. Otherwise, if I find out that clear plastic blocks the sun too much I may have to hold off and plant at the normal time in August, which I am also planning some runs for anyway. If my Bokeos take off I will surely post pics here.
That sounds so awesome. Maybe you can fashion the plastic raincoat to just work when it's raining. They're hearty plants and you're probably in the best location to test them :D
please post pics.... of everything. It will be a treat to see how they do

Herbert Chickybaby

That sounds so awesome. Maybe you can fashion the plastic raincoat to just work when it's raining. They're hearty plants and you're probably in the best location to test them :D
please post pics.... of everything. It will be a treat to see how they do
I'm pretty much a newbie to growing pot, though I grew three plants outdoors last year from June-mid November. They were Thai sativas of some strain or other, the vendor in a local market from whom I bought the seedlings didn't know, but he assured us he liked smoking it and it was good and thats all he needed to know. I now concur. Despite being a bit hermy and having been harvested a bit soon it has a very nice high and its not even done curing yet.

But we raise corn, cassava, tomatoes, peppers, bok choy, cilantro, papaya, mango, squash, marigolds, zinnias and numerous medicinal herbs, bamboo, and about 30 types of orchids, none of these are easy at all, the air quality is terrible here, the Thai govt. doesn't service this area for anything except to collect votes, so people burn all of their garbage as there is no garbage collection and we are surrounded by rice paddy which is sprayed with far too much weed killer, it kills a lot of people too, lots of kidney disease and cancer death at age 45 and I'm sure all of this contributes to the stunted growth tendencies of everything you plant and the vulnerability to fungus and bacteria. Actually the three plants i grew and the auto flowers I have been growing waiting for the next grow season are much more resilient than anything else and I feel its easy to grow very good weed that I much enjoy smoking.

Pot plant raincoats! Yes! Now there's an idea! How adorable! With Hello Kitty and Pokemon printed on them! The mrs. would love that idea, maybe it would help her get off putting t-shirts on our dogs all the time as she is won't to do when temperautures drop down into a bone chilling 85 degrees farenheit. Yes, someone could make a fortune with a line of clothing for pot plants. Little hats, mittens, mufflers, now you can grow ganja in the snow!

Seriously though, seems like clear plastic should be OK, it doesn't seem it'd be different from a greenhouse, right? I need to find out about this before i commit to planting in the ground. Otherwise I may need to plant in pots that I can move underneath a tarp. Or install something you could open and close. I'm not that good mechanically that i could design something like that and install it 3-4 meters off of the ground either, definitely would all off my ladder. Being a disabled quadriplegic should only be a temporary condition for when you want to smoke those kinds of strains. I got these big picnic table umbrellas for my autoflowers, which I open at night and when it looks like rain, but 4 meter high umbrellas for tropical sativas and you have to get pretty big umbrellas and you are asking for trouble during the lightning storm season. Talk about electric ganja!

Zero Hedge

Veteran
With a 3.5 month cure, here's how my Bokeo #2 smokes:
I've been smoking it off and on for a couple months now, and I still have a good amount left. I keep going back to it as it's very nice smoke.
I pulled a bud out of one of my jars and took some pics before my gf and I smoked it. I didn't try to find a pretty bud, just something to smoke on, and then decided to do a report
5-22-bokeo21.jpg

5-22-bokeo22.jpg

... both are the same bud, just playing with pics
The aroma from the jar is very nice. My gf came in the room and said "something smells nice." I help up the jar and she said it smelled like Lavender. I agree, but also there's an acridness to it, astringent, almost hints of eucalyptus.
I loaded up a chilum and let her hit it first. She savored the smoke and said "it tastes like Tibetan insence." I asked her what that meant, she said "spicy but not cloying."
I can't put my finger on the taste, but there is a nice smooth flavor for sure.
The high is good. Calm and energetic like focused and concentrated. Usually I'll go out and garden. It's excellent gardening weed. Just doing chores in the garden which is close to doddling around, maybe they're both the same thing. It certainly sounds better if you tell people that you're "gardening"

The plant I grew turned purple in the Dec/Jan cold. I wonder if there's Bokeos that don't turn purple, even in the cold. The first one I grew was definitely a Gold. I still have some and don't like it nearly as much. The second one, from the Boeko #2 line (this one) I like much more.
☮️

Herbert Chickybaby

Beautiful looking bud there Hedgy. Very cool, man. I wouldn't have imagined some of those would turn out to be purple. I'm going to wait till August to plant my slew of Lao plants from RSC and the Muang Singh from Khalifa. Muang Singh might mean purple lion or city lion, as the two words can be hard to distinguish when transcribed into Roman characters from either Thai or Lao script. City lion doesn't make any sense really as the name for a kancha strain, so it would seem purple lion is the name. Looks like you had a few purple lions in your garden this year, yeah.

Zero Hedge

Veteran
The Bokeo 12 got chopped. I looked at it one day and it was filled with balls. The other one is still up. The Bokeo and the Burmese aren’t even flowering yet. The Burmese are getting big, like over 2 meters.
Thanks for stopping by, @Stocktont Ive found the Bokeo #2 at RSC are very nice
And @MAHA KALA Im very stoked about the last standing Lao. I also have an Acid Beauty going right now. She’s looking great. Thanks for stopping by

Zero Hedge

Veteran
Here's some pics of the current Bokeo #2
The second edition of Bokeo from TRSC is a really nice plant - if I'm to judge from just growing two of that accession's plants - one last season and one this. Nevertheless, the flowers have shown to be really nice and beautiful during this grow, much like last year's
12-7-bokeo.jpg

12-7-bokeo2.jpg

12-7-bokeo6.jpg

12-7-bokeo1.jpg

Herbert Chickybaby

Your Bokeos are looking so good again, Mr hedges. I've got one thats two months along outdoors and pre-flowering female flowers. It's looking solid and should be good enough at least by March. Youre the bench-mark standard for me, cheers!