What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RSC's Bokeo

musigny23

Hi Zero Hedge,

I happen to have a pack as well and was hoping to grow them next year.

If you got them from Real Seed Company you must know when they were freebies because the germ rate was already low (roughly 20%). So for sure go for it.

musigny23

Yes indeed that was the reason why I wanted to try them: : just experimental

I don't think the low germ rate is reflective of the quality. Just seeds losing viability due to various factors like age or storage. I'm actually hopeful that it's a very good Thai/Lao type that is worth keeping if possible.

My female is finally into flowering, but it has a long way to go. It's interesting to see that most all my tropical India and Thai/Lao types are at about the same place with flowering. They're just getting going and we're coming up on October 1st. Meanwhile I have types from commercial breeders that are completely finishing now. Quite a striking difference.

Zero Hedge

Veteran
I"m having the exact same experience right now. I have a few native/landrace varieties going (Colombian, Manipuri, Congolese) ... and all are now juuust beginning to flower. The Bokeo males, on the other hand, are full-on dropping pollen - actually one is a little ahead of the other. But yeah, nothing like the hybrids I have, which are all finishing up

musigny23

I"m having the exact same experience right now. I have a few native/landrace varieties going (Colombian, Manipuri, Congolese) ... and all are now juuust beginning to flower. The Bokeo males, on the other hand, are full-on dropping pollen - actually one is a little ahead of the other. But yeah, nothing like the hybrids I have, which are all finishing up

It works out well that things finish at different times because my drying room couldn't fit it all. First wave is in, the fastest flowering hybrids, next will be medium flowering bred sativa dominant types. third wave will be the tropical landraces. A few of those are pretty big so it will be interesting when that time arrives...

That's great you are getting bokeo male pollen.

thejact55

Regardless of hermies, which is a part of sorting through these typa plants, this seems like a really cool line. Love the narrow seated leaves and towering lanky structure.

Zero Hedge

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by, thejact55
Here's the standing female
10-2 Bokeo Fem1.jpg

10-2 Bokeo fem3.jpg

10-2 Bokeo fem2.jpg

Zero Hedge

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by, Thule
this is the description from TRSC:
Bokeo
12 seeds of Bokeo, a ganja domesticate from the Mekong region of northern Laos. Seeds tested c. 40% viability, producing healthy plants with a delicate structure and heavily serrated leaflets.
They were sent as freebies, probably because of the low germ rate
One of the males I had - the thicker cola, "less mature" one pictured above - turned. I founds seeds in him 🙄
So now it's one male and one female. The female looks great. The final male is now chopped down. I got a vial of pollen and he stayed male throughout so that's good.
Here's the gal catching rays
10-8 bokeo.jpg

10-8 bokeo top.jpg

Last edited:

achille

Veteran
Thank you, I am truly in awe of this beauty. I wish you success in maintaining this line, it may becoming increasingly rare.

musigny23

Those are looking really good. Better than my one female. You're in a more suitable location. The past few weeks here have seen 3 good rains and a very strong storm along with cool temps.
Mine is getting close but now some botrytis is popping out and another big rain coming tomorrow night so I'm going to take it. This October has been wetter and stormier than the last two years were.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
There can never be too many pictures of such an exquisite plant. It's looking great!

I'm sure if it was named Thaistick sativa or something else "sexy" there'd be much more attention. But what's in a name? That's a pure old style Thai right there. Keep us posted :wave:

Are you growing in a mediterranean climate? When does it get "cold" where you're at?