What's new

Rookie Aero Flo Grow Together

T

TREE KING

chiller?

rbdf

i think you were talkin to me? i got a chiller but im trying to figure out what recipe of zone works for me so i dont have to use a chiller. my friend uses bleach in dwc and his water temps can get real high without a problem. he adds the bleach every day though. i like zone cause it lasts in the res longer than bleach and its meant for plants the trade off is the price though

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
oh. why dony u wanna use your chiller? Environment is the first and most important thing to dial in, imho. If u have one, what is the problem?

Okay, you dont wanna use the chiller, I have 2.99$ solution for ya.

Go to walmat, pick up some SHOCK N SWIM in the seasonal isle. one gram of SnS per gallon of water, mix it in a milk jug. apply to rez at the rate of 1oz mix(1g sns, 1gal water) per 5 gallons of nute mix. re-apply every 5 days. easy peasy.

this mix is essentially Clear Rez, the chloramine solution that EZ clone gives u with your cloner, and it costs like 20$ for a pint, lol. fucking bleach water at a 1$ an ounce!!!!

hope this helps.

Rbdf

T

TREE KING

oh. why dony u wanna use your chiller? Environment is the first and most important thing to dial in, imho. If u have one, what is the problem?

Okay, you dont wanna use the chiller, I have 2.99$ solution for ya.

Go to walmat, pick up some SHOCK N SWIM in the seasonal isle. one gram of SnS per gallon of water, mix it in a milk jug. apply to rez at the rate of 1oz mix(1g sns, 1gal water) per 5 gallons of nute mix. re-apply every 5 days. easy peasy.

this mix is essentially Clear Rez, the chloramine solution that EZ clone gives u with your cloner, and it costs like 20$ for a pint, lol. fucking bleach water at a 1$ an ounce!!!!

hope this helps.

Rbdf

heres a link to it
http://www.amazon.com/HTH-Sock-It-Pool-Shock-N-Swim/dp/B001V6G0FQ
it doesnt have chloramine in it its chlorine like bleach. to be honest id rather use bleach than that cause i wouldnt have to mix it

as far as the chiller its hard to find extra electricity to run it plus its just another thing to clean which is a hastle. its not that big of a deal with one res but if you have a 10-20 light setup multiple chillers would be a total pain in the ass and alot more electricity

End week 5 bloom

End week 5 bloom

Updated my grow log today, everything running smoothly.

Attachments

• end wk 5 canopy.jpg
    end wk 5 canopy.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 18
so we have finally started taking detailed notes and using everything according to AK's method... The only thing i didnt do was prune them according to the two top method... I think i will next time. Also, we slacked on the trellis so i will prolly be adding it tomorrow at work... I will upload new pics tomorrow after i read this entire thread once again...

T

TREE KING

aerokrafter i hope you dont mind me posting pics of my grow here. its not really to document it its to ask you a question. i know some arent the best pics but i dont feel like shutting the lights off right now. plants are at 650 ppm (ec x 500) right now tap comes out at 85 ppm. the plants are looking very light green overall and slightly yellowing on the new growth. is this a signal to up the nutes. i know you say to not really go past 600 but it looks like my plants are telling me otherwise. just a heads up my grow is going extremely well up to this point and this is day 10 of flower. and just to add, you know how when you first turn on the light the plants are kind of light green well the lights have been on for 6 hours now so i dont think its that

Attachments

• 000_0115.jpg
    000_0115.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 000_0114.jpg
    000_0114.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 000_0112.jpg
    000_0112.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 000_0111.jpg
    000_0111.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 000_0110.jpg
    000_0110.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 14
T

TREE KING

some more pics. almost forgot im using ph perfect 2 part, barricade, big bud, and zone. i just upped the nutes to 750 after i took the pics

Attachments

• 000_0116.jpg
    000_0116.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 000_0117.jpg
    000_0117.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 000_0118.jpg
    000_0118.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 000_0119.jpg
    000_0119.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 16

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-TK

Some of the lighter color is just rapid new growth(Those leaves are only a couple days old I presume), I'd bump only moderately. Check your tips after the bump to 750. From here to day 25 is when your plants will feed the strongest. You should see tip burn within 12 hours and leaf curl in 24 if you have gone too far. I look for this "slight tip burn" number, and try to keep the nutes just below it.

If you get tip burn more than a mm - drain a couple inches from the res and retop - noting the ppm at each step for future reference. Don't wait for the plants to "eat down" the number. You will burn the plants, and they will expend developement energy on recovering from burn.

---------
After responding - I see what nutes you are using - my ppm numbers won't mean much. From the pics, I would say a moderate bump is in order.

85 ppm is still a lot of active unknown ions. RO should be at the top of your halloween wish list!

-AK

Last edited:
T

TREE KING

thanks ak. i was thinking i was gonna stay in between 750-800. start the res at 750 and let it deplete to 800 then top off and keep my eyes on the tips. this sometimes confuses me when it happens. how do i tell the difference between it being rapid grow or needing to up the nutes? would only the bottom older leaves be yellowing if i needed to up the nutes?

im using advanced nutrients ph perfect 2 part

Last edited:

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rapid Growth Yellowing:

Watch em Grow!

Day 14:

Day 21:

You can see how dark green those leaves became.

Like I said my ppm numbers won't match up for the nutes you are using. Those plants above burn at 480 ppm.

-AK

T

TREE KING

i hear what your sayin all nutes are different. but still even in your top pic your plants are alot darker than mine lol i guess we'll just see what happens in the next couple days

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I spent 3 runs trying to find a workable recipe for AN. Very unstable pH instakilled one run(a full 4 point shift in 24 hours) and the others were composted. I'm real interested - hope to see you do better than my experience. Please keep us updated.

-AK

T

TREE KING

I spent 3 runs trying to find a workable recipe for AN. Very unstable pH instakilled one run(a full 4 point shift in 24 hours) and the others were composted. I'm real interested to see you do better. Please keep us updated.

-AK

you mean .4 right? they got ph perfect now my friend ph meters are out the window i love these nutes

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No - a full 4 pH point swing. My problems were most evident from day 25 -35. They either stopped growing or just died.

Sounds like they got that nasty problem under control. I'm interested to see how they do - please keep us posted. I'd like to see alternative recipies that have been proven.

-AK

T

TREE KING

4 points! damn thats fuckin crazy maybe you got a bad batch or your meter was actin up or something i used to use those same nutes for years the regular sensi 2 part and i never had a problem. dont get me wrong i did have to adjust the ph pretty often but it seemed normal to me when it jumped .1-.2 in 24 hours sometimes. tons of people use those nutes without that problem

JohnG

I put this list together for a friend regarding AK's method. It is not complete as I didn't include any fans or odor control since he already has that covered. The prices came off of one website so I am sure you can probably do better but it gives you an idea. I selected the smallest containers for nutrients.

AeroFlo2 36 site $797.95
Turbo Kloner $254.95
Hydrofarm Commercial 4' 4 tube T-5 $129.94
Light Rail 3.5 Complete 6' with 10 RPM Motor $205.95
Lumatek 1000W ballast $239.95
Sun Systems Magnum reflector $199.95
Fox Farms Ocean Forest $17.05
Perlite $20.00
EarthWorm Castings $11.00
Dutch Master Grow A $10.76
Dutch Master Grow B $10.76
Dutch Master Gold Flower A $21.95
Dutch Master Gold Flower B $21.95
Dutch Master Zone $21.95
Dutch Master Silica $20.95
Dutch Master Potash Plus $15.26
Dutch Master Saturator $19.95
Dutch Master Liquid Light $34.04
General Hydroponics Subculture B $35.95
General Hydroponics Subculture M $35.95
Peruvian Seabird Guano $7.16
Reverse Osmosis Filter $100.00
General Hydroponics PH control kit $15.48
Nutradip continuous tri-meter $198.95
Hortilux super 1000w $94.95
Total $2,542.75

T

TREE KING

ak or someone else do you know where i can buy these sprayers at in the u.s? they create a fog and a spray at the same time. my aero system comes from canada and i dont know what company makes these. 2 of them just clogged on me and i cleaned them with a pipe cleaner but even after that i think there only spraying out like 75%. i dont know maybe they are workin perfect now my mind might just be playin tricks on me

is there any other way to clean these so i know for sure they work perfect again? i got a few extras for now

Attachments

• 000_0121.jpg
    000_0121.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts