What's new

Rookie Aero Flo Grow Together

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
thanks for the heads up, I had that in the back of my mind, lol. Been in bobble's thread long enough, him and DHF sure do love em.

what I was trying to get away from was his DIY idea, only because having to hook up six different channels sounds like no fun, and with all the gluing, and waiting, I would never get it done. I would just buy an aeroflo 36. but in retrospect, the table idea would take less than a day, once all materials are sourced. so yeah, thinking hard on it. might pick up a 6 x 6 tent to dedicate to this. 1K on a mover, just like aerokrafter. we will see.

rbdf

JohnG

AK, Thanks for the answer. I have a couple space questions. What is the minimum space needed for the aeroflo 36? Also how much space do you think would be needed for a few moms and the turbokloner? Would a 4 bulb 4 foot long T-5 be sufficient light for a few moms, seedlings and the clones if you keep them in the TK through veg?

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The AF36 has a footprint of 4' by 4.5', and with the trellis spreading the grow - it goes up to about 5' x 5'. To maximize your runs, you need to be able to get around the unit to manipulate the plants - a donut dependent dimension!

A 4' 4 bulb T5 light will handle a turbo kloner and a couple short bushy moms. Any more would be pushing it.

-AK

Wk 6 bloom update

Wk 6 bloom update

Updated my grow diary.

I don't think BCN Diesel likes topping.

Frost and smell coming on nicely.

Attachments

• closeup end wk 6.jpg
    closeup end wk 6.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 11

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 56 Bloom Update

Unit:

Canopy:

Bud:

Budz:

Data:

The buds are drooping, and a blush of color is starting to show through the trichome coverage.

Leaves continue to lighten. I've been jamming PK and now will start tailing the nutes out. These are a week or so away from finish. I'll do a half flush 3 days out from what I think will be the finish date. A pure RO flush shocks the plants too much. We can get away with minimal flushes in aero because the concentrations we work with are so low and the plants are rarely overloaded. In fact, our operating ppm range would be considered a flush by some other grow techniques.

We are just about ready to bring this in for a landing!

-----

-OG

Looking good and frosty! Some strains just detest being topped. I've overcame most of them with the earliest top possible combined with a little extra veg time. But some will always resist.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-AK

Mister_D

Veteran
Aero - Why do keep you leaves so green this late in flowering? Buds look excellent, but dark green leaves always lead to a harsher smoke IME. Is it just because the plant has no media to retain nutes, the leaves will yellow in a matter of days once ppm's fall?

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The plants have been slowly loosing their vibrant green for the last week. They will yellow considerably this week as nutes are pulled. I don't normally let them get completely yellowed out because I get dead spots on the bud if I wait too long. Remember there is no medium to hold nutes - so the long flushes you need in dirt to bring out the best flavors - are much shorter affairs.

-AK

Mister_D

Veteran
The plants have been slowly loosing their vibrant green for the last week. They will yellow considerably this week as nutes are pulled. I don't normally let them get completely yellowed out because I get dead spots on the bud if I wait too long. Remember there is no medium to hold nutes - so the long flushes you need in dirt to bring out the best flavors - are much shorter affairs.

-AK

Figured that was the case, but even when I was doing mediumless DWC my leaves weren't that dark a week from harvest. I know you got your shit together, just curious about the method behind the madness :biggrin:. I'm always up for learning something.

T

TREE KING

Figured that was the case, but even when I was doing mediumless DWC my leaves weren't that dark a week from harvest. I know you got your shit together, just curious about the method behind the madness :biggrin:. I'm always up for learning something.

how did you do mediumless DWC i thought you needed hydroton for that?

T

TREE KING

Pool noodle or neoprene puck. Support the plant with a cage/screen depending on lighting configuration.

what do you use the 5" neoprenes? i never thought that could be done in dwc cause the plants are too big, i do the same shit except in aero i cant stand dealing with mediums. im curious how big are your plants when you flower them and how many plants do you run per 1000?

SouthernHaze

if u look close u can see the pre flower on the kushage
pic of the cloner in pre operation
cloner and small root clusters on all clones after 7 days... so i guess i built a clonr that works with only 30 40 bucks at the hydro store.definitely nicer than some of those other budget ones you see... i took others advice and kept the water pretty much just tap water in the bucket. there is 11 there and all are kushage. my heavydutyfruity has been put on hold until after i deal with these due to lackof cloning space. but i do have the parent vegging so after these are moved on ill have some more on HDF as well.
so i am starting to clean all my equipment and grow room now and making all my final adjustments. comments and concerns are always appreciated!!

SouthernHaze

Johng- a five gallon and gunna do a light veg in it just for a week or two then transfer to the Aeroflo under a mh for a lil while before 1212

Mister_D

Veteran
what do you use the 5" neoprenes? i never thought that could be done in dwc cause the plants are too big, i do the same shit except in aero i cant stand dealing with mediums. im curious how big are your plants when you flower them and how many plants do you run per 1000?

I used pool noodles, a bro of mine did the 5" pucks. Cloned and vegged in an aero cloner until 8-10" tall, then transplanted to a DWC bucket. I wraped each bucket in hog fence to make a cage. About 4" above the bucket lid, two wires were run paralell across the inside of the cage. The plant was placed in the middle of these two wires so the lower branches support the plant. As the plant grows it was trained/tied to the cage to support flowering weight. Plants were vegged to around 2ft and finished flower at 4.5-5 ft. Four plants per 600 vert dounut style. I quit using 1000 watters a long time ago.

Last edited:
T

TREE KING

I used pool noodles, a bro of mine did the 5" pucks. Cloned and vegged in an aero cloner until 8-10" tall, then transplanted to a DWC bucket. I wraped each bucket in hog fence to make a cage. About 4" above the bucket lid, two wires were run paralell across the inside of the cage. The plant was placed in the middle of these two wires so the lower branches support the plant. As the plant grows it was trained/tied to the cage to support flowering weight. Plants were vegged to around 2ft and finished flower at 4.5-5 ft. Four plants per 600 vert dounut style. I quit using 1000 watters along time ago.

nice i appreciate the info

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bottom Blaster Fan

Parts:

Bottom Blaster!

It's a Casa DePot special. For about $40 bux you get the perfect tool for an AF36. No muss, no fuss - this fits together like it was made to do this.

The air flow coming up through the middle of the canopy has enhanced several runs now. The dolly has the perfect air gap and allows for easy adjustment. This is now a standard part of all my units.

The fan blows cooler, clean, CO2 laden air up to the canopy. The middle of the canopy gets air movement, the root chambers get a little evaporative cooling, and the filter collects any debris and allows that junk to be removed from bloom room.

My old painted floors look nasty from all the scrubbing they get between runs. All my air is filtered - but after 70 days the bottom blaster filter still has a fine patina of particles that were not deposited on sticky buds.

This easily pays for itself, and I highly recommend using one.

-AK

Latest posts

Latest posts