What's new

Ron Paul 2012!!! Your thoughts on who we should pick for our "Cause"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
SB i dont see how you agree with me, when i agree with Cujito.

The 'small quote' is not 'small' and was given as the answer to a question about potential racial policies of business (if civil rights legislation was removed).

Son the theory of evolution is a theory! It's not scientific fact! Science is full of theories that are proven wrong all the time that is what science is all about. The theory of relativity is a theory.

FWIW

Gravity is a theory too. Too many people attempt to discount something because it is a 'theory'. Their application of scrutiny is misguided when its only basis is the definition of that word.

Im not going to start doubting gravity's effects on me any time soon.

Everyone needs to stop with the antagonism, calling people 'son' is not endearing.

-

Last edited:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NO ONE REALLY KNOWS WHAT ALL OF THIS IS.
This. Great post.

Just because you subscribe to a religous belief doesn't exclude you from being rational about other matters.

Adrent athiests with all their condemnation of religion are just as irrational IMO. Pretending that one knows or doesn't know is just that. Pretending. All we have is theories and ideas. Only fools think they really know anything.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gravity is a theory too. To many people attempt to discount something because it is a 'theory'.
Gravity is one of the weekest forces in the universe too. Nobody is challenging the macro concept of gravity, but Hawking and those around him have some different "theories" about the micro concept of gravity and where it comes from (ie bleed over from one of the other dimensions).

Stoned ramblings......
:joint:

Rukind

SB i dont see how you agree with me, when i agree with Cujito.

The 'small quote' is not 'small' and was given as the answer to a question about potential racial policies of business (if civil rights legislation was removed).

FWIW

Gravity is a theory too. Too many people attempt to discount something because it is a 'theory'. Their application of scrutiny is misguided when its only basis is the definition of that word.

Im not going to start doubting gravity's effects on me any time soon.

Everyone need to stop with the antagonism, calling people 'son' is not endearing.

-

do you have the source to that question? I want to see it.

I honestly dont disagree with it either way. If someone wants to be racist and not do well as a business.. let them.. not my problem.

When it becomes a violent situation, then I have a problem. That is considered a violent crime, though.

Ron Paul is not racist, regardless. His idea's are just on the extreme end of free market.

I do want to see that question and the answer, however.

Rukind

Gravity is one of the weekest forces in the universe too. Nobody is challenging the macro concept of gravity, but Hawking and those around him have some different "theories" about the micro concept of gravity and where it comes from (ie bleed over from one of the other dimensions).

Stoned ramblings......
:joint:

That is interesting.

Just when we all think we have it figured out, we realize we know nothing. Everything is different than it seems. Our perception is completely built off of our culture.

Well, we got to do something to make sense out of all this, so thats what culture is for.. its basically our operating system i suppose.

Although, I feel people should not be scared and let go of those filters from their own culture. we will learn a lot. The ego has its purpose but sometimes, its important to look past it.

SacredBreh

I do not believe in either one....

I do not believe in either one....

Theory of Evolution--how anyone can think man as a species who has been around what a 10-15 thousand years can say what happened millions and billions of years ago. It has always struck me funny how people take anything scientific as fact and some how latch on to it like we as humans own it. Like electricity--we did not invent it... we learned some aspects about it and how to use it for benefit, much like fire. The Theory of Evolution and the Big Bang Theory sound no less like fairy tales to me than Creation, but no less either. Theories or hypotheses are created by science to be disproven, not evidence of proof.

Do I think it is fair to take into consideration Ron Paul believes in one of these stories more than another...Yes.

But as the title of this thread states--Ron Paul 2012!!! Your thoughts on who we should pick for our "Cause"? As it stands right now, the only three we are choosing from are Paul, Obummer, and Romney. Obummer goes to church and believes in Creation; Romney goes to church and believes in creation; Ron Paul goes to church and believes in creation. ALL THREE BELIEVE IN CREATION!!!

Obama does not believe cannabis should be legalized!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5lMHs_cuEQ

Romney does not believe cannabis should be legalized!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLOV9meKUBA

Ron Paul does believe cannabis should be legal!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdohenAmPkE

So the question is mute.... ALL BELIEVE IN CREATION but only one believes in legalization of Cannabis!

Peace

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
do you have the source to that question? I want to see it.

No i dont. Ive just seen him say it a few times in the past 3+ months. You know what, he might have hit on it during the Huckabee roundtable. (HERE) I cant remember specifically.

Dr Paul does something the other politicians do not. Instead of using talking points, he talks about his philosophy.

SacredBreh

ShroomDr....Cojito......

ShroomDr....Cojito......

I misunderstood.......

ShroomDr quote--The 'small quote' is not 'small' and was given as the answer to a question about potential racial policies of business (if civil rights legislation was removed).

Well, ok asked for references before.... Where is it he stated he would be in favor of business owners being allowed to descriminate to minorities?

Show me where that quote relates to the above? Asking for a source like you just did Rukind.

Peace

Rukind

No i dont. Ive just seen him say it a few times in the past 3+ months. You know what, he might have hit on it during the Huckabee roundtable. (HERE) I cant remember specifically.

Dr Paul does something the other politicians do not. Instead of using talking points, he talks about his philosophy.

alright, thanks man ill check out the video and see if i can find that reference.

like i said, i honestly dont care if someone wants to put up a whites only or a blacks only sign.. thats there problem..

when it comes to things such as public transportation or something like that, i cannot agree with that. that would be wrong.

its wrong regardless, but if its someone's private business.. then fuck them let them run it to the ground.

When it becomes violent thats an entire different story.

I also dont think ron paul is racist in anyways, i just think he really believes in a "free market" to the fullest extent and i okay with that.

I will not agree to the possibility of even a private business discriminating, but i will accept it. because i know, that business will not make it. I will not accept a state or gov't discriminating, though.. ever. I know they still do even today, but I dont accept it.

This is all a very touchy subject, but I think its important to stop putting people in minorities and using words like black and white.

We need to move on from this and I think thats what ron paul is trying to get at. There is nothing that points to him being a racist. There is even african american's in his tv ads. Talking about how ron paul helped him as a doctor for free.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Where is it he stated he would be in favor of business owners being allowed to descriminate to minorities?

Nowhere, and youve twisted what has been said.

Do you understand the Dr Paul is not 'pro pot', he only wishes to end its FEDERAL prohibition, and the FEDERAL money spend on it?

Do you understand the nuanced distinction between the two?

Dr Paul says business can do whatever they wish, they can allow only 'white people' entrance into their establishment, and the market will decide if these practices will allow the business to thrive, fail or stagnate.

It is assumed that if people think a 'whites only' business is a bad thing, they will not shop there. There lack of additional sales will harm them vs other business that do not make any racial distinctions.

Dr Pauls philosophy is the market will control itself, whether it be 'illegal' drugs ALWAYS making it to market, or your local KKK Bakery!

i dont happen to agree, but i do understand the philosophy behind it.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When it comes to freedom of choice to not allow somebody in your place of business, it should be your right. I don't condone racism at all, but that is part of being a free society. If the free market by some way of chance allowed that business to stay afloat, do you really think society would? They might make enough money to stay in business but that doesn't matter if your business is burned down or you got dragged into the street and beaten now does it? Plain and simple, racism would not be tolerated by a community these days. Look what happens when the KKK tries to do anything, without police protection it would not be possible.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
alright, thanks man ill check out the video and see if i can find that reference.

I just watched the whole thing again. Dr Paul starts at ~49:00 but he did not say anything about civil rights.

A great insight into the man though. His 'terrorism is already a crime' stance is spot on!

SacredBreh

Ok we agree then......

Ok we agree then......

I searched long and hard for where that quote came from and could find it no where. I was pretty sure if he had said anything specific about excluding minorities from businesses, it would be pretty easy to find.

It doesn't exist. So my response to that is..... he is no more supporting whites to exclude blacks than he is for blacks to exclude whites. That is not racist!

He was not for the Civil Rights Act and he is for private property rights. I disagree about the Civil Rights Act...
We would have suffered much longer with Racist ideals in this country if not for the Civil Rights Act and to me that is not acceptable. So I do agree with you and do not agree with businesses being able to do whatever they want especially when it comes to this subject. Markets would adjust but I could see areas of the country still doing that crap.

One thing though, the President of the US could not over rule the Supreme Court or the Civil Rights Act. But then again if you would have asked me 20 years ago if we would have secret prisons in other countries, domestic wire taps without warrents, etc..... I would have laughed... maybe nervously but still laughed.

We agree again on your above post! There were numerous laws broken by every single one of those terrorist long before they got on the planes they used in the attacks. If we were enforcing those laws back then, the attacks would not have happened at least by the people that did it. I think we could protect citizens without the Patriot Act's infringements on our rights and suspension of the Bill of Rights and Constitution as has been done in many ways now. Enforcement of the laws on the books and some additions that address non-citizens would have made us as safe as we are now.

Peace

Rukind

Nowhere, and youve twisted what has been said.

Do you understand the Dr Paul is not 'pro pot', he only wishes to end its FEDERAL prohibition, and the FEDERAL money spend on it?

Do you understand the nuanced distinction between the two?

Dr Paul says business can do whatever they wish, they can allow only 'white people' entrance into their establishment, and the market will decide if these practices will allow the business to thrive, fail or stagnate.

It is assumed that if people think a 'whites only' business is a bad thing, they will not shop there. There lack of additional sales will harm them vs other business that do not make any racial distinctions.

Dr Pauls philosophy is the market will control itself, whether it be 'illegal' drugs ALWAYS making it to market, or your local KKK Bakery!

i dont happen to agree, but i do understand the philosophy behind it.

I know its a hard philosophy to accept, but i honestly think its right way of doing things.

We dont always need to have our hands held by the gov't. That is what made us different from all the other countries. I like the idea of being truly free, to do as i please, as long as it does not hurt another person on this planet.

He is not pro pot you are right. This is one reason I like the guy. He doesn't agree with it, but he doesn't care if you do it. You are free to do what you want with your own body and mind. At least you should be.

The war on drugs is a horrible situation that needs to stop just as much as any other war. It is a war on our own people and keeps the bad guys in power. Greed is what makes this war continue, just like all the rest. It is time to get those innocent people out of prison. Non violent crimes do not deserve prison, ever. People are dying because of this war. It also creates a black market which should always be avoided. You cannot make drugs illegal because they will always be available. we need to address it as a problem so people can get help instead of something illegal.

Just like people get addicted to sugar. carbohydrate is very addictive and bad for your health in excess. People love it though and they keep indulging. its the same type of situation to me.

Way to many people going to prison these days and you know people are profiting off of us going to private prisons. This is slavery. We have to be cut out and molded perfectly for our culture's idea of a "civilized society" and if we dont fit the mold, we go to prison.

Here we are, arguing over ron paul being racist (when he clearly isn't) Well, in this country it no longer matters what color you are, we are all slaves here. We are consumers.. thats disgusting to think about but thats basically our purpose in this country.

So I agree with ron paul. It is time we grow up and learn how to wipe our own asses. If we dont, we are gonna lose what we fought for.

If ron paul gives more power to the states, we will have a say so in all this shit. We will finally have some control over what is being done. The war on drugs will be over and the states will finally regulate that shit how it should be regulated.

We are supposed to be the UNITED STATES. It seems this country is no longer about the states. It is more about the federal gov't. Mite as well call us the North American Union now.

Also if ron paul is president, I get to opt out of social security and it will be set up in a way so the old people dont lose theirs either.

He even said he isn't going to just cut every program all at once. He said it will take time and we will work ourselves out of the current programs.

He isn't just gonna take everyone's medicaid and medicare. it doesn't work like that.

Why is everyone so scared? Do we not know how to take care of ourselves anymore? I think we have grown up in this materialistic fantasy land long enough.

We cant keep making the same mistakes over and over. this is the very definition of insanity and that is politics these days.. why do we keep electing the same type of fucking idiots.

republican and democrat .. left and right.. its all bullshit.. its only there to split us apart and cause an argument. we get 2 options.. thats real fucking nice of them.

The sad thing is, its our fault that it happens.. its your fault that you actually believe the shit you hear on the news or on tv. You have the option to question it.

Our votes dont matter is what everyone says and its true.. because everyone says it. just like ron paul isn't going to win because thats not even possible right? Our votes can matter if we make them matter. Its all up to us.

End of my rant.. maybe not everyone see's things my way, but this is how i feel. I thought i would share it.

I think the people arguing with dr shroom just aren't getting what he is saying. he is telling the truth but he still supports ron paul. he just doesn't agree with all of what he says.

I do mostly agree with it.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wrong, you are only a slave if you have a SS number. Then you are indebted to a tyrannical, out of control government. I do like the way you point out the facts though.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
ive often pondered the change in verbiage juxtaposed with the increase of federal supremacy...

it began with "these states united"
then it was "these united states"
now it's "the united states"

i know this seems insignificant but i think psychologically the effect is strong.

as the "even those whose actions decent people find abhorrent" i agree wholeheartedly...

we should even defend a racist's right to be an idiot.

Cojito

Adrent athiests with all their condemnation of religion are just as irrational IMO. Pretending that one knows or doesn't know is just that. Pretending. All we have is theories and ideas. Only fools think they really know anything.

if you don't think science accurately describes the world why go to a doctor or have an engineer build your bridges? if you don't know "anything" then how can you tell bad from good? why salivate over Austrian economics - or care whether Ron Paul gets elected?

if its a false to claim to know things - are we then "pretending" to know we were attacked on 9/11 by jihadists? is the evidence: bodies, missing relatives, burning buildings, sick aid workers, Osama's gloating, and our epic defense spending in response, somehow suspect? must we really keep an open mind? two sides to every story is what Rukind says. perhaps it was all a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts