What's new

Ron Paul 2012!!! Your thoughts on who we should pick for our "Cause"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^it says we import 14 billion in hemp products from canada. I call bull shit. more like 14 million.

midgethorse

This is not exactly accurate. If any candidate fails to win a majority of the electoral votes, the election goes to the House of Representatives.

I hear you, but thats rare . Well... It has happend, (Jefferson and Adams I think)
Im not so sure it would happen again, that was a a lonngg time ago.
Considering, out of 50 states Ron Paul could have won in the 2007 primaries , he won zero.
Dont get me wrong I want RP as our next president and I want him to run as an independent either way. I just dont see it coming down to RP being able to support a independent campaign. IMO

OPT

There's more important things to consider than a politicians view on pot. Ya, obviously we all have a passion for our medicine, but there are far more views that need to be considered. I'm not into politics and all that really at all, but I sure know this country needs to change more things than just the cannabis laws. Just my 2 cents.

OPT

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
There's more important things to consider than a politicians view on pot. Ya, obviously we all have a passion for our medicine, but there are far more views that need to be considered. I'm not into politics and all that really at all, but I sure know this country needs to change more things than just the cannabis laws. Just my 2 cents.

OPT

While you are accurate, the way in which Dr Paul views the issue is what makes him much different.

(Frankly i think it is the only reason the thread remains open)

Dr Paul is not for smoking marijuana, he is against the FEDERAL prohibition and the useless money spent on policing a lost cause.

It is an interesting distinction that sam the skunkman also made about 800 posts back.

IMNSHO, it is a very good reason to not discount him as 'one issue' guy. This isnt Marc Emery running for mayor.

If hes running against Romney and Obama hes got a great chance to force a plurality, and I bet he polls just as well in small states as Romney (which combined would probably beat Obama).

Kinda funny the guy who campaigns to restore democracy could actually win in the least democratic way.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
I hear you, but thats rare . Well... It has happend, (Jefferson and Adams I think)
Im not so sure it would happen again, that was a a lonngg time ago.
If you look at Adams you see they REALLY fucked Andrew Jackson.
Jackson had a more electoral votes, and lots more popular votes than Adams(although not every state reported pop votes)
The Speaker of the House (Clays) hated Jackson, got everyone to vote for Adams, and Adams made him Secretary of State (highest diplomat).
Then Jackson beat Adams in 1828 and Clay in 1832!

Considering, out of 50 states Ron Paul could have won in the 2007 primaries , he won zero.
I just dont see it coming down to RP being able to support a independent campaign. IMO
If ANYTHING he is running an independent campaign right now, its just under the GOP banner. If Perry, Newt, and Santourm dropped, they MIGHT have one Paul Romney debate, but they would end quickly and he would be discounted.

=============
Like i said in my previous post, if Paul can do moderately well nationally (>18%) he will most certainly prevent a majority, forcing it to the House of Representatives.

let say Idaho goes
38% Obama
32% Paul
30% Romney

Those delegates can say, fuck this, 62% voted against Obama, O wait, the same shit happened in North and South Dakota, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, lets band together and vote for the Christian!

Its not very likely, but its not outside the possibilities. If it were ever to happen, the stars are alining running against a 'Mormon' and a 'Kenyan'. The numbers wouldnt even need to be that extreme, nor would they matter, the vote in the House is not bound to anything, they can vote how they wish.

The other way around, is you only need 10 or 11 big states, but Cali Texas Fl, NY, and Penn, etc dont often agree.

SacredBreh

Hmmmm..... trying to sound like Ron Paul but not!

Obummer came out and asked if he could have some "reorganization" powers yesterday so he could compact 6-7 government organizations into 1 to eliminate duplicity.

Hmmmm..... trying to sound like Ron Paul but not! We need to eliminate not combine. The whole article did not even mention Ron Paul. It only talked about Obummer trying to get the moderate Republican vote from Romney. What crap our media has become.

BrnCow-- That was a great link, the seven part series, on the last page. :tiphat:Really shows how very little of the 'news" can be unbiased. Gave good ways to gauge how much or how little to trust the sources of information you rely on.

itisme

Veteran

Except his(NObama) dumb ass cut DEFENSE SPENDING and not Military Spending in his latest proposal. I really wonder what the Christians and Tea Party are going to do in SC, they have no reason to Vote against RP and they hate Romney. Some ignorant so called conservatives may need a lesson on how fucked the drug war is but other then that.....he is already surging with only one Military Ministers support so far. The ministers reasoning was brilliant. To paraphrase, he voted for Ron Paul not because he was the most Evangelical Christian but because he would uphold the Constitution that protected our ALL Religious Freedoms. I love to see it when the Christian Leaders really get it!!!

RON PAUL 2012 SC shock the world!

Funny how the economy is shit and Obummer cares about the little person so much, he raised $68,000,000.00 in the 3rd quarter. WTF! How much of that was banks vs military?

Ron Paul Receives Major Evangelical Endorsement from Dr. James Linzey, President of Military Bible Association

Christian Newswire
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Today, Republican Presidential Candidate Ron Paul received a major endorsement from Evangelical leader Dr. James Linzey, president and founder of the Military Bible Association.
In a statement to Congressman Paul, Rev. Linzey stated: “Having thoroughly examined your political philosophy and finding that your platform is 100% in line with the Constitution of the United States of America, and examining your political record to find that you have consistently upheld the Constitution and thereby faithfully represented your constituency, and studying your statement of faith to find that your faith and religious experience is 100% compatible with Evangelical Christianity and Orthodox Christianity, I hereby endorse you for the Office of the President of the United States of America. I wish you Godspeed!”
Dr. Linzey later stated, “Among the six remaining GOP hopefuls, two are evangelical — Ron Paul and Rick Perry. But the tell-tale sign of being qualified for the presidency is not faith, but loyalty to the Constitution which defends the open expression of faith. Ron Paul seems to be the candidate most loyal to the Constitution according to the records. So when other evangelical leaders endorse GOP contenders of other faiths and traditions, some of whom have received funds from special interest groups, and are not as loyal to the Constitution as is Dr. Paul, one must necessarily ask, ‘What is their agenda?’ because they certainly are not endorsing the most qualified nor the most evangelical. If evangelicals wish to make faith an issue, then they should take a closer look at Dr. Paul’s statement on his web site, ‘Let me be very clear here: I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, and I endeavor every day to follow Him in all I do and in every position I advocate.’”
For Dr. Linzey, a man of faith who displays a proven record of utmost loyalty to the Constitution is the most qualified for the presidency. In 1980, Linzey walked the precincts in Pasadena, California, for Ronald Reagan while attending Fuller Theological Seminary. In 1984, he volunteered again with the Republican Party, working the telephones to solicit support for Ronald Reagan. At the 2006 winter conference of the Council for National Policy, Linzey was asked to make a bid for Congress as an Independent.
If Governor Mitt Romney wins the Republican nomination, Linzey stated that he would give Governor Romney his full support. “Governor Romney is an excellent debater, but Congressman Paul is a better one from my perspective. He argues from the standpoint of the Constitution, often showing his opponents’ positions to be unfounded and unconstitutional,” Linzey said.
Linzey served as a military chaplain for nearly 24 years, retiring with an Honorable Discharge. He hosted his own television programs, Operation Freedom, broadcast in Europe, the United States and the Far East. He has travelled the world as an evangelist before founding Military Bible Association.

Last edited:

Cojito

Still waiting for the quote, vid, or other legit reference by Ron Paul stating he would support private businesses to not allow minority groups to frequent their businesses.

"The rights of all private property owners, even those whose actions decent people find abhorrent, must be respected if we are to maintain a free society." Ron Paul.

Rukind

"The rights of all private property owners, even those whose actions decent people find abhorrent, must be respected if we are to maintain a free society." Ron Paul.

do you know what abhorrent means? it basically means strongly opposed.

a typical action decent people find abhorrent would be selling or growing weed or any other thing that is not widely accepted.

human rights are a completely different issues. all people regardless of color and background have rights. ron paul wants to basically get rid of the idea of minorities and recognize all of us as equals.

he is not racist, i dont see why people try to use this as an excuse.. its another spin tactic.

I dont see how that quote relates to minority groups at all. your just pulling shit out of your ass for sake of argument. We got to stop with the minority thing. it doesn't matter what color you are. we got to remove these boundaries because thats what keeps racism alive today.

I think its racist that minorities get special benefits, black history month, BET, etc.. this shit is racist.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
^^^ no you are absolutely wrong, and the quote strongly illustrates Pauls point.

If a company wishs to practice the abhorrent policy of 'whites only', the free market will determine if the business will survive.

I dont buy it, but i do understand the principle behind it. Frankly i think it will create higher xenophobia, but theoretically, their policies will keep them from going 'main stream', they will never become a big company because society deems them 'abhorrent'.

Theory.

History illustrates that a xenophobic Austrian never needed a majority to make a hell of an impact...

-

Last edited:

Rukind

^^^ no you are absolutely wrong, and the quote strongly illustrates Pauls point.

If you wish to practice the abhorent policy of whites only, the free market will determine if your business will survive.

Frankly, i dont buy it, but i do understand the principle behind it

was this directed at me? or cojito?

Cojito

you should read more of the good doc ;)
he was one of only 2 out of 8 candidates in '08 to raise his hand that he DOES believe in evolution.

and yet there's a rather embarrassing video of Ron Paul saying this:

""I think it's a theory...the theory of evolution and I don't accept it as a theory. But I think the creator that i know, you know created us, every one of us and created the universe and the precise time and manner and all. I just don't think we're at the point where anybody has absolute proof on either side."

this is silly, cringe-worthy. Ron Paul (a doctor) has rejected reason, evidence, and science for a fucking myth.

Rukind

""I think it's a theory...the theory of evolution and I don't accept it as a theory. But I think the creator that i know, you know created us, every one of us and created the universe and the precise time and manner and all. I just don't think we're at the point where anybody has absolute proof on either side."

this is silly, cringe-worthy. Ron Paul (a doctor) has rejected reason, evidence, and science for a fucking myth.

I dont care whether he believes in evolution or not. doesn't matter to me.

You cant prove that there is no god. cant prove there is one either. so it doesn't matter and i dont give a shit what he believes in.

As long as his beliefs in god dont effect mine.

Just to get the fuck out of these wars and end the war on drugs is enough for me. Also I would like to have my civil liberties as well. This sopa ndaa situation is getting out of hand. we are loosing our rights more and more everyday and this is the only guy doing something about it.

I am not a christian and i dont give a fuck if he is, because he is an honest guy and he is in it for you and me.. he cannot be bought and thats what we need.

Evolution is still, technically, a theory... Although it mite as well be a fact, it is what is is.

To me, there is nothing more important than getting out of these wars, ending war on drugs, and protecting my civil liberties/human rights. The only guy up there defending these (although, he is far from perfect) issues is Ron Paul. so he is getting my vote.

Cojito

do you know what abhorrent means? it basically means strongly opposed. a typical action decent people find abhorrent would be selling or growing weed or any other thing that is not widely accepted. human rights are a completely different issues. all people regardless of color and background have rights. ron paul wants to basically get rid of the idea of minorities and recognize all of us as equals. he is not racist, i dont see why people try to use this as an excuse.. its another spin tactic. I dont see how that quote relates to minority groups at all. your just pulling shit out of your ass for sake of argument. We got to stop with the minority thing. it doesn't matter what color you are. we got to remove these boundaries because thats what keeps racism alive today. I think its racist that minorities get special benefits, black history month, BET, etc.. this shit is racist.

thanks for the definition. perhaps, rather than teach, you might first try to understand what you read.

Rukind

thanks for the definition. perhaps, rather than teach, you might first try to understand what you read.

same goes to you.

I am not trying to start a pissing match with you, but there is 2 sides to every story.. I dont care if you like ron paul or not, but I am going to throw in my perspective that is for sure. I know you dont like him, so dont vote for him. vote for who you this is the best guy for our country. I think that is ron paul so thats who gets it.

just because he is an old white guy doesn't mean he is racist.

draztik

Veteran

Son the theory of evolution is a theory! It's not scientific fact! Science is full of theories that are proven wrong all the time that is what science is all about. The theory of relativity is a theory.You keep bringing up religion. To me religion is just a word. It's a word often used to describe someone's theory of what all of this is, reality, the universe and beyond. I'm agnostic but I have an open mind and I can't disprove Dr. Pauls theory because in reality your theory about what is going on makes as much sense as Dr. Paul's because NO ONE REALLY KNOWS WHAT ALL OF THIS IS. If your all about science then enlighten us on what is really going on.

Rukind

Son the theory of evolution is a theory! It's not scientific fact! Science is full of theories that are proven wrong all the time that is what science is all about. The theory of relativity is a theory.You keep bringing up religion. To me religion is just a word. It's a word often used to describe someone's theory of what all of this is, reality, the universe and beyond. I'm agnostic but I have an open mind and I can't disprove Dr. Pauls theory because in reality your theory about what is going on makes as much sense as Dr. Paul's because NO ONE REALLY KNOWS WHAT ALL OF THIS IS. If your all about science then enlighten us on what is really going on.

this could not be anymore accurate. good job.

We need more open minded people like you. We could really advance as a human race if we all just realized we dont have a fucking clue and be open to all possibilities. We could learn a lot. Since we filter out so much information, we are really being held back.

This is what i have learned from the use of psychedelics.

SacredBreh

Nice try Cojito but do not agree..

Nice try Cojito but do not agree..

quote Cogito--If a company wishs to practice the abhorrent policy of 'whites only', the free market will determine if the business will survive.

I dont buy it, but i do understand the principle behind it. Frankly i think it will create higher xenophobia, but theoretically, their policies will keep them from going 'main stream', they will never become a big company because society deems them 'abhorrent'.

Theory.

History illustrates that a xenophobic Austrian never needed a majority to make a hell of an impact...

-

Good try Cojito but that small quote taken out of context could mean anything. By your extrapolation he is supporting me masturbating naked in my front yard on a busy street. Obviously, not the intention of his stand as property rights owner advocate but meets the criteria of the quote and the way you are applying it.

Absolutely agree ShroomDr!

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.