What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Road Kill Skunk (Blueskiesvienna)

Hempy McNoodle

In the nineties I had lots of incredibly pungent skunk to smoke. The likes of which I haven't seen since really...
A kind friend out in Texas recently shipped me a ton of seeds including lots of Uncle Festers Sk#18 and a bag of mixed seeds including RKS. I hope to start exploring them soon. It would be awesome to find an old school treasure. The stuff in the nineties would incapacitate me completely, lol.

mack 10

Veteran
The Rks that hit Canada looked more indica skunk hybrid an was strong as hell.
So I have been told. It is lost though.

Hmong

Veteran
It's gone because it's a novelty weak high. That is reality

that's why you cross it to the evil stuff
G13-Haze x Shoreline above has just a wild pedigree
the crop got chopped today, so I can't tell on the potency off the weed yet, but the finger hash was already brutal.

just some trichomes collected from inside my drum, where I shake off dead leafs & dirt before hanging.
G13xSL_resin_1.jpg

it even turned into some live rosin over the damp of my boiling coffeemaker
G13xSL_resin_3.jpg

G13xSL_resin_2.jpg

nodded off from the first half of the spliff, sitting at the computer, but the initial taste was wonderful.
First a mouth full of soap/bubble bath followed by a nice Afghan hash note in the nose.

Last edited:

Nannymouse

Okay, i may as well start here. Tried a couple of times to do a search for 'origin of skunk' threads, here, and just gave up.

Anyway, what i'm wondering in particular...is who is/was 'Mendo Joe', and what is his version of 'skunk'? I've sampled 'Cantaloupe' skunk from ISP, and theirs was done from Mendo Joe's stock. So, just wondering. It's the only skunk that i've tried(that i know of). I liked it. A very nice light high. I do know well what skunk critters smell like, we trap them often, and sometimes they are not happy about it.
This has that same skunk aroma, but very light. You could grow it with 'normal' grow filters and get by.

So, thanks ahead to those who can provide info or links...

acespicoli

Logo Cultivators Choice

This seedbank does not exist any more.

Joe was a part of sacred seeds I think
Their catalog is pure strains and their hybrids obviously
"haze" x acapulco x afghani

Cultivators Choice​

@Sam_Skunkman - ask sam he may be able to answer your questions​

In his 1985'er catalogue, Sam the Skunkman, the founder of this legendary company write:
Creators of "Sacred Seeds", "High Breed" and "Select Seeds" is the worlds leading explorer, importer, cultivator, breeder and researcher of select, exotic, pedigreed cannabis seed. Cultivators Choice offers the finest of:

- Pure, true breeding varieties
- The ultimate in F1 Hybrids
- Superior, imported seed from the world over.
Cultivators Choice is proud to offer these incredible seeds to those who can truly appreciate them.

Note: These seeds are not accidental by product of commercial cannabis production. They are from consciously chosen seed strains, carefully cultivated and scientifically pollinated. The entire motivation is to produce vigorous, healthy seeds of the highest quality and purity.

Last edited:

rolandomota

Veteran
Lucky 13 seeds has a rks clone they use in some hybrids they are talking about super strong smells no bag can contain.

Lol
Tony Green is torturing bluesky on Instagram big time lol he must have really pressed a wrong button 🤣 something about making fake accounts acting like tortured beans

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol, I saw tony's posts. It's not possible for anyone to have an opinion on 1980 skunk if you never tried it. I admit it's been 40 years, I don't remember it ever being weak. It was one of those plants that had major expansion effects. Holding in a small toke wasn't possible. These genotypes are no more

linde

Haven't seen any Roadkill Skunk since the early 90s here in northern Michigan. Unfortunately it's been bred into oblivion. Just like the old Friesland Pine Bud. I gave up my search years ago. What a shame.

rolandomota

Veteran
I had a nice pine smoke from Mexico once it was light green with red hair actually red hair and it made you bust a lung fir sure it's a good sign but people always want smooth smoke now a days

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pine is way easier to find. It's one of the most common terpenes found in cannabis. I find good pine often,

linde

Pine is way easier to find. It's one of the most common terpenes found in cannabis. I find good pine often,
not the old late 80s friesland pine. totally distinctive unique genes that got bred out years ago. any old timer Willy Nelson looking hippy up in Michigan or eastern Canada will know the stuff I'm talking about.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not the old late 80s friesland pine. totally distinctive unique genes that got bred out years ago. any old timer Willy Nelson looking hippy up in Michigan or eastern Canada will know the stuff I'm talking about.

Old lines that carry pine are not lost like Skunk. Very different in rarity. Lots of landrace genetics still carry that old pine genetic info. The problem is none want to put in the work REQUIRED to breed properly. All of those old school lines came from Sativa's including Skunk. Pine is way more common. These all flower 14+ weeks. It takes tremendous amounts of time and numbers. Bringing back old school pine is still possible. Skunk is far less likely.

Im trying my best to work on Pine. Lots of pine found in projects made using THH, A5hbx. Some with a mix of stock with Sativa dom genetics in them. I'm so limited on space that it's unlikely I will make a difference. More need to do the work. There are only 6 people im aware of working with mostly Sativa genetics and not what's popular today.

Last edited:

linde

Old lines that carry pine are not lost like Skunk. Very different in rarity. Lots of landrace genetics still carry that old pine genetic info. The problem is none want to put in the work REQUIRED to breed properly. All of those old school lines came from Sativa's including Skunk. Pine is way more common. These all flower 14+ weeks. It takes tremendous amounts of time and numbers. Bringing back old school pine is still possible. Skunk is far less likly.
i pollitely disagree. not all skunks are sativa dominant. 2 main skunks. Sam skunkman and nevilles. Sam's is more sativa sweet fruity. Neville is roadkill skunks ass. more Afghan influence. I think most people are after the Neville type over the skunkman fruity sweet skunk. also I guess I need to be referred to some pine strains in circulation today if you can kindly do so?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i pollitely disagree. not all skunks are sativa dominant. 2 main skunks. Sam skunkman and nevilles. Sam's is more sativa sweet fruity. Neville is roadkill skunks ass. more Afghan influence. I think most people are after the Neville type over the skunkman fruity sweet skunk. also I guess I need to be referred to some pine strains in circulation today if you can kindly do so?

That's fine, differences in opinions are welcomed here. The 1980 skunk was 100% a Sativa hybrid. I'll still continue working trying to find , Skunk, pine, and others I remember from the '80s. In my experience over the last 50 years, pine is way easier than Skunk. Sam or Nevile had no real deal Skunk. Today's skunk is perfume to me lol. Their seeds are no more, Everything is a repo.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
first plant yielding my first oz of Shoreline since 2019, feeling whole again :smoker:
I'm curious if TX Shoreline has strong skunk terps. I know others that have it there telling me not as 1980 skunk did. How strong is the question?.

That's fine, differences in opinions are welcomed here. The 1980 skunk was 100% a Sativa hybrid. I'll still continue working trying to find , Skunk, pine, and others I remember from the '80s. In my experience over the last 50 years, pine is way easier than Skunk. Sam or Nevile had no real deal Skunk. Today's skunk is perfume to me lol. Their seeds are no more, Everything is a repo. The seeds I make are limited. Im small fish in a big pond of pure hype. If you aren't a popular brand it's unlikely we small fish get garden space. If the packs are not 200$ it must be bunk lol.

linde

I'm curious if TX Shoreline has strong skunk terps. I know others that have it there telling me not as 1980 skunk did. How strong is the question?.

That's fine, differences in opinions are welcomed here. The 1980 skunk was 100% a Sativa hybrid. I'll still continue working trying to find , Skunk, pine, and others I remember from the '80s. In my experience over the last 50 years, pine is way easier than Skunk. Sam or Nevile had no real deal Skunk. Today's skunk is perfume to me lol. Their seeds are no more, Everything is a repo. The seeds I make are limited. Im small fish in a big pond of pure hype. If you aren't a popular brand it's unlikely we small fish get garden space. If the packs are not 200$ it must be bunk lol.
I'm all for it! if you can isolate some true roadkill skunk genetics ill be first in line for seeds or clones. 1980 skunk may very well been pure sativa. I was talking more late 80s stuff as I was In high school then. SSSC stuff...etc.

Latest posts

Latest posts