What's new

Rip's blackberry patch

I

IceColdCrickets

Sweet plants,, love the size of that trunk! hope to see some nice buds on those.

H

humboldtlocal

Our Blackberry clone would finish end of October in Cali. When we crossed it with Purple Train wreck it got a lot earlier and turned into a heavier yielder but it lost some of that distinct BB look.

Hollaachu

Those are some awesome outdoor specimens of the Blackberry you have there Ripshot....I want to see more in the weeks and months to come, building up until harvest!!!! They should yield nicely!!!,,,,You are doing a great job with them!!!!! I have the Blackberry Widow, and a few crosses with it, so I'm tuned in and interested!!!! Holla!!!

Ripshot

I was just looking at the datestamps on pictures of my gardens from as far as four years back... and I have determined that these plants are way behind anything else Ive ever grown. about four weeks behind my previous strains.

Its gona be a late harvest for these plants. In the past ive harvested as early as mid september.

Just a thought for anyone who is considering this strain for an outdoor grow.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
wow Ripshot..very nice grow...yea i have some issues some years with plants that don't start budding until first week of Sept...this year i seem to be lucky enough to have chosen genetics that work well for outdoors(although my Chemdog from Rez) hasn't started yet..in a week she will be in full bloom..
Last year i planted Fed's Celestial Temple Sativa x Island Sweet Skunk..wow what a nice smoke but didn't start budding until Sept 7 had to move her inside to finish up...
Nice looking plants..good luck

peace
Chefboy

Ripshot

Sept 7 2009

Does anyone know of any cure for this? I would like to save this branch, its at the bottom of a very large cola.

H

humboldtlocal

That looks like stem mold. Wipe it off and put some hydrogen peroxide on there. That should kill it. The blackberry clone we used to grow was very susceptable to stem mold.

HarryNugz

Hi Ripshot, your Blackberry looks great and such large natural ones. In one of your earlier posts you said you heard the color comes on later in flower. As you can see on yours that that's not the case with a true Blackberry. Unless you get a green pheno, which yours appears not to be then the color starts right at the onset of flowering! That's one beautiful gal and is only going to be more stunning as it fills with larger flowers.

keke.nz

Hey Rip,

Awesome plants dude they're beautiful. Do you have any idea how much you think you'll pull from each plant? Looks to me that they're capable of 1lb ea.

Keep it up

Peace keke :joint:

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
rip you are the man cuz

here is hoping you pull this harvest off with no hick ups :D

Ripshot

Hey Rip,

Awesome plants dude they're beautiful. Do you have any idea how much you think you'll pull from each plant? Looks to me that they're capable of 1lb ea.

Keep it up

Peace keke :joint:

hard to say bro, these plants are gona have to go so far into the frost danger times that I dont know if they will make it. Our area has been known for early frosts.

I think its safe to say If all goes well im looking at two lbs at least. But I predict im going to have mold issues, hopefully Its not too serious.

keke.nz

Ah I see... that's got to suck, putting that much smoke into danger because of shitty early frosts! But you gotta do what you gotta do huh.
Thinking about it now, I'd have to go with your 2lbs estimate, if all goes well.

Good karma to you bro keep it up. FUCK THE FROSTS!

Peace keke