What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a pure sativa, but for shure on the sativa side

A11 x (vietnamese x Nevilles Haze) after cca 70 days 12/12

outside opinion:

the calyx does not look like a proper 70 day plant. Maybe the pics may be tricking our eyes a bit,but the plant could have filled out a little more unless this strain is one of some that just refuse to mature..

When_To_Harvest.jpg

i've noticed some older generation sativas can be like that. hey if it smokes well that's what matters cheers

Bulldog501

Here's some giant outdoor sativas from Australian sativa breeder/grower Kangativa. His strains include southeast Asian landrace sativas from Indonesia and Thailand and a stabilized line of Mullumbimby Madness dating back to the early eighties. Kangativa's Mullum Madness has also been crossed to a variety of plants including Oaxacan Gold, NothernCal skunk and various early Dutch Haze hybrids from Neville and Shantibaba. The quality of these plants speak for themselves.

picture.php

picture.php

congratulation on the nomination for picture of the month
yours is truly the best one there so i hope it wins

Gert Lush

Veteran
Rubbish, I was just trying to be helpful.
I have to agree with "indifferent", even if he isn't, sometimes.... :)

He never said anything nasty or unhelpful, and certainly didn't sound like "his nose is out of joint" for whatever reason. If there's some feud going on for some other reason, I'm sure we'd all thank you to keep it out of this thread.

Incidentally, I have grown FET's Apollo11 x LieuHanh (many times), it can't be that different from the sample plant, and it did not have any of the clawing or "rotting from the inside" problems. Some tolerance, please, for constructive criticism.

BTW, LieuHanh on it's own is a very good sativa too. Haven't grown it out yet, but I've seen pics on another board - stunning looking, lush, yieldy sativa, with a wicked high.

cornfield

anthropomorphic personification
ICMag Donor
I have to agree with "indifferent", even if he isn't, sometimes.... :)

He never said anything nasty or unhelpful, and certainly didn't sound like "his nose is out of joint" for whatever reason. If there's some feud going on for some other reason, I'm sure we'd all thank you to keep it out of this thread.

Incidentally, I have grown FET's Apollo11 x LieuHanh (many times), it can't be that different from the sample plant, and it did not have any of the clawing or "rotting from the inside" problems. Some tolerance, please, for constructive criticism.

BTW, LieuHanh on it's own is a very good sativa too. Haven't grown it out yet, but I've seen pics on another board - stunning looking, lush, yieldy sativa, with a wicked high.

this is not FEt's Apollo11xLieuHanh, someone made this cross from FET's A11 and Lieu, but they are not same, also that "rotting from the inside" pheno is relatively rare......

and again, that clawing is there cause I use vertical light, that's proven fact
:wave:

Gert Lush

Veteran
this is not FEt's Apollo11xLieuHanh, someone made this cross from FET's A11 and Lieu, but they are not same, also that "rotting from the inside" pheno is relatively rare......

and again, that clawing is there cause I use vertical light, that's proven fact
:wave:

Fair enough, mate, I'm not arguing with you, you know your own plant, enjoy...

I just think that some of us RUST fans tend to get a bit tetchy when "the peace threatens to be disturbed", you know ;)

I still haven't found the time/space to crack those LieuHanh beans (lovely as the end product looks), if I do I may cross back to FET's A11LH, just to tame them a bit.

All good fun...

Baba Ku

Veteran
kangativa, beautiful work! Thanks to bushweed for introducing.
I am curious about your planting method outdoor.
Would you share how you prepare your plant sites?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
kangativa beautiful trees my vote for the pic of month what r they 20ft tall whats the yield expected to be like

Kangativa

Veteran
kangativa, beautiful work! Thanks to bushweed for introducing.
I am curious about your planting method outdoor.
Would you share how you prepare your plant sites?

Hi mate and thanx.....I got this off another post that I did.....I like to do my manure compost's at least 3-6 months before I add it to the ground.....It is made up of layers of cow, horse and chicken manures layered with grass in between, I also add Blood & Bone, soft rock phosphate and wood ash. I turn this every 2-4 weeks until it is a nice black crumbly mix.....I add this to the soil 2 months before I plant which gives it time for all the microbe action to take place and the worms to breed in numbers. I then add lime 6 weeks before I put my seedlings out and water it in well. During the season I spray with a certified organic seaweed fert every 2 weeks and with my big Sativas I spread the compost mix around the drip line after about 4-5 months coz these grow for about 9 months and need to be kept well fed.
I usually dig up a large area or make it wide and long instead of doing individual holes and as I said above just fill it up with compost and manures and mulch well with grass or if way out in the bush, leaves and whatever else I can find of course if I am out in the bush I have to change a bit coz I cant get the compost there, but I still use Blood and Bone, lime and wood ash and do the foilar feeding, plus use organic pellets. I like to put my plants out already sexed out and when they are about 15'' high.
Here are some shots of a guerilla grow..... cheers K

Attachments

• guerilla grow 001.jpg
    guerilla grow 001.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 15
  • guerilla grow 004.jpg
    guerilla grow 004.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 16
  • guerilla grow 012.jpg
    guerilla grow 012.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 16
  • guerilla grow 019.jpg
    guerilla grow 019.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 15

Kangativa

Veteran
kangativa beautiful trees my vote for the pic of month what r they 20ft tall whats the yield expected to be like

Thanx for the vote mate really appreciated:tiphat:
Never really measured them, just know I need a ladder to get to the top. Weight varies from 2 - 5lb depending on strain and season......The MM I am standing next to should be about 5+, it is still curing and hasnt been trimmed yet so no definite weight......cheers K

haxi

Kangativa... BRAVO! :) Beautiful work!
This plants are super awesome! :D :D
Do you own any grow thread? I realy would like to know more of that sativa stuff (and watch more photos :p )... ! :dance013:

See you around!

Peace :rasta:

F

freefields

Very nice work Kangativa.

On the curved leaves being a reaction to vertical lighting, that's pure hogwash, curved leaves like that are caused by N toxicity, pure and simple, that plant was given way too much N and picked way early.

F

freefields

That looks very interesting rainha, particularly with those purple tints.

May I ask, did you get the seeds from a grower in Sierra Leone or did they come from imported weed?

Have you trained those lower branches or did they just grow like that? They are unusually long.

Kangativa

Veteran
Kangativa... BRAVO! :) Beautiful work!
This plants are super awesome! :D :D
Do you own any grow thread? I realy would like to know more of that sativa stuff (and watch more photos :p )... ! :dance013:

See you around!

Peace :rasta:

Hi Mate and thanx heaps:tiphat:.....No not yet as i really only came to IC at the end of the grow season. Next season I will start up my own thread on the strains I will be growing, when i make up my mind what they will be ...lol, at the moment I am taking pics of preparing the ground, making the compost and then I will start the thread next August when I start the seed. Might get a bit boring tho mate its a long season down here:)
cheers K:gday:

rainha Ginga

Ginga don't sell seeds
Veteran
That looks very interesting rainha, particularly with those purple tints.

May I ask, did you get the seeds from a grower in Sierra Leone or did they come from imported weed?

Have you trained those lower branches or did they just grow like that? They are unusually long.

thank you freefields
sorry i dont speak English

seeds come from a grower in Sierra Leone. I did not do anything to the branches, natural growth.

Peace
Ginga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts