What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornfield

anthropomorphic personification
ICMag Donor
I agree with bigherb, that plant is nowhere near ready, needs a lot longer.

Very overfed too, way too much N, hence the clawed, burnt leaves, it would be a lot less leafy and airy too if you cut out the N a few weeks before the stage she is at in the pics.

Sorry to be negative but it looks pretty badly grown and if no-one tells you what's wrong you won't learn to grow it better.

With sativas, you need to cut out all N at roughly two thirds of the way into flower. For example, with a 12 week plant, you would cut out all N from the feeding at week 8 and just feed PK after that.

ok, what i can see on that pics is yelowing/hungry plant after 14 day's long flush, in flower i feed her with every 3. watering (plagron terra flower, 3ml/l, thats about half of recomended dosage....she can take more nutes,thats for shure) till 45. day of flower (55. day under 12/12)

why are leaves on that plant clawed here :
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2668230&postcount=60

if you think this plant is leafy and airy, then you'r right, this pheno is always airy and leafy.....and done after 60-70 days with decent yeild and strong up/happy high
if you dont like her, dont grow her
:tiphat:

indifferent

Veteran
No need to get so defensive, the clawing is too much N, nothing to do with bending to take account of ambient light.

If you think that plant is mature then you're wrong, sorry, it's obvious it's nowhere near finished.

Trust me, proper feeding and she would be much less leafy and airy. Try running her out to 100 days and only feeding the Plagron Terra until 60 days then giving her just PK from 60 to 90 days, Plagron Alga Bloom would work, although I prefer bat guano with kelp and molasses for late flower P and K with sativas. You'll be amazed how much floral development will take place and how much less leaf she will grow.

cornfield

ICMag Donor
No need to get so defensive, the clawing is too much N, nothing to do with bending to take account of ambient light.

If you think that plant is mature then you're wrong, sorry, it's obvious it's nowhere near finished.

Trust me, proper feeding and she would be much less leafy and airy. Try running her out to 100 days and only feeding the Plagron Terra until 60 days then giving her just PK from 60 to 90 days, Plagron Alga Bloom would work, although I prefer bat guano with kelp and molasses for late flower P and K with sativas. You'll be amazed how much floral development will take place and how much less leaf she will grow.

man o man,
you judging plant you never grow, after you see her on few pics.
it's not posible let em flower longer, I know this, cause I tried it, you know, I'm growing this cross 6 years or so........if someone tried flower this pheno longer he will end with semi dry/ semi mold crap with no taste and no high at all
that plant is no sativa, it's hybrid, thats why she need just 60-70 days, look at ACE Orient Expres, half vietnamese sativa, half chinese indica, done at 60 days, so why cant be my A11LH done in 70 day's ?
A11 need less than 60 days and LH boys flower and die out before LH girls show preflowers........that's why is A11LH that fast flowering.
If you dont trust me (I'm growing weed just for 20 years or so, so what I can know :thinking: ) grow some yourself and you will see

about that clawing you are totaly wrong, they do it just in vertical grow, no under horizontal light's......

anyway I think this is enough about my crappy weed
please back to topic....

indifferent

Veteran
Jeez, try to give someone some advice and they get all defensive and annoyed. If she dries up and gets mould, then it's grower error. It is very clear from your pics that the plant is nowhere near finished at 70 days and has several issues, I'm not trying to be nasty or hurt your feelings, I'm just trying to help you to grow her better.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
15 foot one cone christmas tree
picture.php

excellent job man!!!! oh yes baby :joint:

you should visit these guys and share your techniques:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=159846&page=84

much peace and k+!

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Well indifferent certainly could have worded his criticism better, but I have to admit the plant does have many tell tale signs of excessive N in several respects. Continual flowering with buds that seem to never ripen, eagle claw leaves, elongated stems and a general leafiness.

Based solely on the pics and you saying if it is allowed to continue it dries up is also a sign of excessive N. So I can't really disagree with that based solely on the pics.

BUT, if you have been growing it several generations and you know what you are doing I'll take your word for it. I have seen plants that refuse to ripen fully unless lights are diminished to 8 or even 6 hours which is not practical for someone running a mixed garden, and some sativas are just leafy and stemmy from genetics that are usually based out of very humid and hot places and have adapted to environments full of different types of molds and fungus', but has no affect on potency. Quaze is another one that comes to mind that just looks like that naturally.

I would have been defensive too in your position, but I also have to admit excessive N did run through my mind when I saw the pics.

Last edited:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
indifferent's nose is out of joint from the "Dutch Breeder's" thread.
You can see it in the bile seeping forth thru every reply he's made in the last few days. Take it w/ a grain of salt.

indifferent

Veteran
Rubbish, I was just trying to be helpful. You obviously haven't been reading my posts if you think that, my last few posts have all been trying to help people, such as suggesting the use of ethylene to germ old seeds. I wasn't trying to cause offence, I was trying to offer advice, I have more respect for what is by far the best thread anywhere to be nasty in it.

yoss33

Veteran
Cornfield's plant indded seems to be sensitive to N - it's not lush green (not too much chlorophill) yet the leaf tips are burnt and it's vegging too much.
As for is it ready or not - I truely believe him it's ready, because I too find the early picked sativa best of all.... crystal clear trichomes for me, please. I need as much electricity and I don't care for potency. And indeed I've grown these sativas that smoke like crap if let to cloudy trichomes. Many people would say I spoil my herb by picking it too early but I think that it's actually them who spoil theirs by letting it "ripen". A matter of personal preference in a big range....

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
Hey cornfield...any shots of the LieuHanh?

This thread is amazing!

Kangativa...she is a beaut!

Kangativa

Veteran
So it's you the lucky Kangativa, grower of trees
A BIG WELCOME here

Lol......Yeah its me and thanx for the welcome. I have to thank Bushweed for getting me over here as I am also at MNS forum and he told me to get over here as well.
Also a thanx to everyone else for your comments, as you can see I luv growing Sativa's and has been a hobbie of mine for nearly 35yrs, so its good to be amongst like minded people:gday:

bigherb

Veteran
cornfield

please kno i had no intention on causing a stir ,just gave my opinion

the lineage is special ,as long as your happy with the results is all that matters

id still love to hear a smoke report especially considering you hav many years of growing this cross

kangativa

hows it goin

i look forward to seeing more pics of your pics in this thread

i kno you hav much to contribute

1luvbigherb

cornfield

ICMag Donor
cornfield

the lineage is special ,as long as your happy with the results is all that matters

id still love to hear a smoke report especially considering you hav many years of growing this cross

kangativa

hows it goin

1luvbigherb

no problem, sir :tiphat:
like I said before that pheno is freak like me, that's why is so special for me (or for anybody who smoke her) there are also "normal" phenos (one fast flowering, looking like A11 and one "sativaish" first is done at about 60 days too, but low yeilding, that another sativa pheno is done at 90-100 days)

to DrPoison : I just sprout some LH (have 8 from 12 seed's, not that bad for cca 6 years old seed's)

to indi : I have no problem ask for help, when I need help :bump:

to Kangativa : I may just hope here, one day i will grow trees like you again
:wave:

Kangativa

Veteran
cornfield

kangativa

hows it goin

1luvbigherb

Thanx mate.....Did you notice I used Lemony/sweet in one of my posts......getting better hey:gday:

Status
Not open for further replies.