What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
love this thread. I'm new here and very impressed. Got a ? as not to jack the thread. anyone have any expierence growing Arjans haze#3. I've lurked for awhile but thought I'd ask as I seen a member talking about growing it in this thread. this is one of the first strains I bought.

love this thread. I'm new here and very impressed. Got a ? as not to jack the thread. anyone have any expierence growing Arjans haze#3. I've lurked for awhile but thought I'd ask as I seen a member talking about growing it in this thread. this is one of the first strains I bought.

G

Hey friends......i read bad news?

Hey friends......i read bad news?

Sorry to read about LMN.

HOW or WHAT happened to make him die?

How about my new guerrilla grow THAI plants for him..

Sad to see him gone......like my DAD.
You may see the finish at outdoor forum here at ic...

Last edited:
T

toodles

Hey Lou!

Those look great hidden in there with the Kudzu vines.
Do you have to keep hacking the vines back? Those damn things GROW like crazy in my experience. Good for hiding weed though I would guess.

I love your grows and commentary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toodles
:rasta:

I'm trimming up this one right now. My own SSH x SSH on Day 86, Harvest day :rasta:

spicecowboy said:
Okay,- as this phenomenon occured on a Sativa, and this thread is visited by a lot of experienced growers, I decided to place my question here.

Sorry, but I can´t provide any pictures, as I don´t have the possibilty to make close enough macros to show this strange "mutation".

Strain is the "feminized" version of Greenhouse Seeds "Arjan´s Haze#3".

The trichome coverage is good and dense(at least in parts), the size of trichomes is very, very small, mainly without any stalks, just the heads, which is actually a good sign, and can be found in many pure Sativas...- so let me come to the point:

There are calyxes that seem to have fully developed, but out of the calyx(and I mean directly out of the middle) grew a new calyx.

What I mean is, there is a Calyx growing out of a Calyx.

The first Calyx opened, and out came another one,- the first without a pistil, and the second one(that grew out of the older one) with the usual pistil.

I decribed it a bit chaotic, but I guess you get the picture...

Not all the Calyxes are formed this way, but a pretty large amount is...

So what the f.... is this?

Is it a normal phenomenon occuring with some strains, or is it a kind of mutation?

As allready mentioned above: Unfortunately I can´t shoot good enough macros to show what it actually looks like.

spice

By the way: The Arjan´s Haze#3 is not a big yielder, no trichome monster(very, very small trichomes, but quite a density of them), it doesn´t have a high terpene density(but the smell is interresting and quite nice, with woody tones, and some very light chemmy citrus),- but after all the bad things I heard about Greenhouse Seeds, I must say that this one did much better than I expected(was just a try, to give GHS a chance..).

Can´t report on the high, as the flowers are still drying, but I´ll definitely write up a little report with some pics in a few weeks.

Any report yet or pics? I have this strain also and would love some feed back.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Well I'm through the hurricane. Thanks fellas.

lou those thais are gonna be huge! good lookin work.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to hear you're OK, motaco! :wave:

Just did some scans from the book 'Reggae Scrapbook', maybe drop them into the Jamaican section? Enjoy!

Rasta BURN!

lasko

Nice sativas brudas keep them coming :D

Have anyone experiences with east south european sativas, from greece to slovenia?
Right now i have planted some seeds that grows 20-30 years in slovenia, but it came from bosnia, i have also some albanian seeds. All i know is that all of this sativas are medium strenght, mostly lemon/citrus smelling, early big outdoor producers and like to hermi :D and also some autoflower phenos

Any more info?

Spangli

lasko said:

Have anyone experiences with east south european sativas, from greece to slovenia?
Right now i have planted some seeds that grows 20-30 years in slovenia, but it came from bosnia, i have also some albanian seeds. All i know is that all of this sativas are medium strenght, mostly lemon/citrus smelling, early big outdoor producers and like to hermi :D and also some autoflower phenos

Any more info?

High Lasko!

Loved your oaxacan grow.
All I can say to you that next to you to the east we only have wild ruderalis growing everywhere. Those are not worth working with.
The albanian and bosnian genetics may share some of the traits of our ruderalis as being very close. Pollen does not care about borders.
Anyway good luck with them.

Keep smilin
Spangli

Spangli

lasko said:

Any more info?

Forgot to mention the autoflowering trait and the huge diversity among them in other parts of the country.

lasko

Tnx Spangli, yes a lot of them herm :D and they also might have some ruderalis in because of autoflowering phenos - not all. But they are mostly from middle east genetic crossed with european hemp, as you looked thrue history. I also might be wrong

but enough words lets pics talk

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
Elevator Man said:
Here's my harvest shots of the H.O.G. for anyone who might have missed them in the photo thread...

beautiful... tell us how she grows and how you grew her. flowering time, stretch, your growing method.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Very easy to grow indeed, and stays compact. That plant is just over two feet tall...:)

It only stretched to maybe twice the original height, but I gave it severe LST to keep it down. Grown in BioBizz All-Mix with the full Canna suite under a 400W SunMaster (with at least five or six other plants at any one time). It went for 12 weeks, and the real sativa obsessive could probably have let it go 13 or 14, but the trichs were 'mostly cloudy', and that's my perfect harvest deadline...:)

T

toodles

My lil SSH x SSH clone I almost trashed.
She is laying on the trics already here on Day 20 of flowering.
I can't wait to see what she looks like in 5-6 weeks!
:headbange:

Toodles

SSH x SSH Day 20 of flowering
0909_clone_2.jpg

0909_clone_1.jpg

Last edited:
G

nice toodles. i have been wanting to grow ssh for so long now. i might get to grow them as dr chronic said he sent my beans .but have yet to get them. hopefully i will be puting some seeds in water first of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts