Outdoor

Outdoor Purple Satellite

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

romanoweed

To Madmac

Hey you, im awaiting a smoke Report for the Ko Chan-Crosses! Can you make one, im just interested in these Kochans. Was they the same like ACE s Cho-Chan used in the double Thai?

romanoweed

View Image
But judging by it I'd say European genetics intermingle a lot (the majority of the overlapping dots are usually hemp cultivars that got exported to other countries, which is why Russia has the widest oval, funnily enough only for non drug cultivars, the Russians are so uninterested in getting high :p)

the two clusters indicate the genetic distance between drug and non drug cultivars, but it's just a trend as there are many cultivars present in one another's cluster.
PS: By hemp i don't intend to demean the worth of the end product, simply the phenotype (hollow stem, stretching, low THC high CBD or even CBG, resistant to humidity,low bud density, thinner leaves on average, not necessarily dioecious, not necessarily bred for drug purposes) in contrast to "Sativa" (thin leaved drug cultivar) or "Indica" (broad leaved drug cultivar), mind you, hemp could still get you high, see how pissed off the Chinese are about tourists smoking hemp, not so much the Dali, read in the following

Hey Normannen that is a very interesting Europan weed-Map you posted here!
i was ever interested in the very rare European Landraces. I heard about some rather weak, but still enjoyable yugoslavian landraces. Reported to be abit Saitvaish, but also indicaish. But in most Cases Crosspollinated with local Hemp. Even found one two Pictures. Also Italy i heard has a Landrace. Sounds so rare, i would love to see more pics, since its near where i come from, And Spain had also some OLD Strains right? Dont know if they fit as Sativa tho...
Where did you find this Genetical map?

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Hey Normannen that is a very interesting Europan weed-Map you posted here!
i was ever interested in the very rare European Landraces. I heard about some rather weak, but still enjoyable yugoslavian landraces. Reported to be abit Saitvaish, but also indicaish. But in most Cases Crosspollinated with local Hemp. Even found one two Pictures. Also Italy i heard has a Landrace. Sounds so rare, i would love to see more pics, since its near where i come from, And Spain had also some OLD Strains right? Dont know if they fit as Sativa tho...
Where did you find this Genetical map?

hey man, thanks for the interest, well, I got them off some scientific papers that I linked with it, if not I'm gonna have to rummage through my PDFs I'll see what I can do, but look through my posts, I am pretty sure i referenced it :)

romanoweed

Hey Normannen . the link didnt work , for my oldisch Computer atleast..now i tried to put it into Google, but cant find your post mmm

SolarLogos

Purple Satellite

Purple Satellite

Similar yes. Plus like vanilla? I'm not good at describing.

Here's some indoor
View ImageView Image
Those look spectacular CR! My clones in the flower room don't compare.

I have been out of town for a week and got back late last night. My two outdoors Purple Satellite girls have been on a drip system, chlorinated city water at 7.85 pH, so today they will get a good feeding and everything back on track. They did surprisingly well while I was away.

They are both over 6.5 foot tall/2 meters from the top of the pot. The best way to describe the smell of the girl on the left is a creamy cherry vanilla milkshake. The other girl is quite similar, but with a sweet, slightly skunkish smell.

Here is a side bud

She is of seed. I pollinated both outdoor girls with both male's pollen.

Of all the plants in my garden, these girls definitely steal the show. The next couple weeks I will be focused on getting them properly fattened up. I can almost see the finish line! Sweet smoke on the horizon!

Peace, God bless

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Solar,
Great pics. Your plants look much more "full" than mine. Much more leaf as well.
Excellent description of the smell! Im terrible at that.

I haven't noticed any skunk smell on any yet.

I have one p.s. inside under 600hps, 4 outside, at my main spot, three others at buddy's places.

Haven't seen any pink pistils yet either.

I accidentally broke a branch off of one outdoor. Gave it the landowner. I heard back it was "extremely potent" - and still has weeks to go!

Wish I had chucked some pollen, but it's probably too late.
There's always next time!

Som 2

Here are some new photos of my '93 Mexican. These are at day 43 of flower. This batch is coming along very nicely so far:

Attachments

• Mexican 43a.jpg
    Mexican 43a.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Mexican 43b.jpg
    Mexican 43b.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Mexican 43c.jpg
    Mexican 43c.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Mexican 43d.jpg
    Mexican 43d.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 18
  • Mexican 43e.jpg
    Mexican 43e.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 17

Som 2

My crosses of the '93 Mexican and Sunshine Daydream are also coming along nicely.

The '93 Mexican is fairly tripweedish. It doesn't have the speediness of the older sativas (although it is still speedier than modern cannabis) but it tends to give everything a shimmering appearance and create minor visual distortions. Especially at night. It also tends to alter perceptions of depth. I wouldn't describe it as anything like mushrooms or acid but it is significantly more visual than most modern strains in ways that I think most people on this thread are familiar with. I've crossed it with a number of modern hybrids and I've gotten some good smoke from that but the tripweed nature has never carried over to any of the crosses. Usually the resulting hybrids have loose, fluffy flowers that are almost exactly like the Mexican but the flavors and aromas are radically altered (sometimes in interesting ways - I've gotten Elmer's glue, honey cantaloupe and intense cucumber rind among others).

I am excited for the Mexican/SSDD because it has many of the aromatic signatures of the Mexican. This is the first time I've seen the Mexican do that in a cross. I am hoping that means that this will be one of those rare crosses where the tripweed element carries over. When the Mexican is well into flower it always has aromas of holly, laurel wreath and cedar wood, with a citric sweetness superimposed over it. It is basically all the Christmas smells besides the pine tree. The Mexican SSDD has all of that with a bit of sweet berry instead of sweet citrus. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Here are some photos, also at day 43 of flower.

Attachments

• Mexican Sunshine 43f.jpg
    Mexican Sunshine 43f.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Mexican Sunshine 43d.jpg
    Mexican Sunshine 43d.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Mexican Sunshine 43c.jpg
    Mexican Sunshine 43c.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Mexican Sunshine 43b.jpg
    Mexican Sunshine 43b.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Mexican Sunshine 43a.jpg
    Mexican Sunshine 43a.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Mexican Sunshine 43h.jpg
    Mexican Sunshine 43h.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 19

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You got my attention with the trip weed thing. ^^ Was not sure if they were still growing anything like I used to get in the 70's. Trip weed was a real thing back when. I guess '93 is a long time ago now, come to think of it. hehe

kamyo

Veteran
You got my attention with the trip weed thing. ^^ Was not sure if they were still growing anything like I used to get in the 70's. Trip weed was a real thing back when. I guess '93 is a long time ago now, come to think of it. hehe

I follow a classic rock playlist on Spotify and Soundgarden is somehow on it. Really is weird to think that 1994 is closer to 1970 than it is to today.

But all these decades later, the sativas are still out there and accessible. Can't thank everyone involved in the preservation of those strains enough - and many of them are in this thread or the old ones.

Koondense

Veteran
Beast Lime Madness
picture.php

+ silhouette
picture.php

Smells strong of mint, basil and other herbs, she's kind of special.

Cheers

Som 2

I started smoking in 1985 so I never got to smoke any of the weed from the '70s. I started growing in 1989. Between '89 and '93 I probably grew out 150 to 200 plants of brickweed bagseed. Most of it was just ok, but I eventually got a seed line that was pretty good by the standards of Mexican brickweed of the era. My current Mexican comes from that line crossed with a freak of nature male that I sprouted in '93. It was by far the best plant I ever got from brickweed bagseed. I got the impression that male was from an old line that was already an heirloom back then. It already seemed like a throwback sativa in the early '90s. The buds I got from the cross were much fluffier and looser than any of the other Mexican I was growing back then and seemed more wild and untamed in their growth pattern.

Somebody said in the comments that I should make sure to reproduce this line in its pure form. That won't be an issue. I still have a couple hundred f2s that I made in 1998 that I have been growing ever since, and I am still getting good germination rates from them. I also have 20 of the f1s left. I am fairly certain they are still viable. Over the next couple of years I intend on doing two separate open pollination runs with the remaining f1s with the goal of making 1000s of new f2 seeds. I knew this was a special line from the time I first grew it. My goal was always to keep it safe during cannabis' dark times, and then put it back out in the world when the time was right, although I honestly didn't think that good sativa would disappear to the degree that it has.

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are doing the Lord's work. ^^ Really, I think the slide down in quality began in the 70's. Paraquat and Colombian ruined the Mexican scene. No body wanted it that much even if it was great. Paraquat scared a lot of people to turn away from Mexican pot, and Colombian became a mythic creature, so much better in every way.

Colombian was not better imo. Overall stronger but lacked some of the nuances of the best Mexican. I have a very fine strain from Mexico just recently acquired, that has a real trip feel for the first few minutes followed by euphoria and then gentle landing. No yield on it though. Family line and not gonna buy it off them, given to friends only. They keep the best for themselves I think.

Late 60's to early 70's it was more common. Now it is a fluke if you get it. Go down to southern Mexico and you might find some that is old time magic.

vermontman

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GREEN MOUNTIAN GRAPE
[/FONT]
[Purple Satellite Sativa} X {Mendo Heirloom 75% sativa}

Fastest near pure Sativa, I have ever seen.

First two plants came down August 16
Hell I have never grown Indica that came in this fast and solid.
And the Fragrance FRUIT STRIPE GUM!!!

Attachments

• GREEN MOUNTIAN GRAPE MID HARVEST AND BUD 003.jpg
    GREEN MOUNTIAN GRAPE MID HARVEST AND BUD 003.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 15
  • GREEN MOUNTIAN GRAPE MID HARVEST AND BUD 009.jpg
    GREEN MOUNTIAN GRAPE MID HARVEST AND BUD 009.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 20
  • GREEN MOUNTIAN GRAPE MID HARVEST AND BUD 014.jpg
    GREEN MOUNTIAN GRAPE MID HARVEST AND BUD 014.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 16