What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

meizzwang

hi meizzwang
the ukrul mum was oustanding by far the best landrace ive tried very strong sativa rushes that came in waves and was a lot stronger than the manipuri i grew in fact the ukrul fitted the manipuri description better an vice verca ,,i was gutted when i lost her but managed to get 4 seeds from a acapulco gold male to germ and one from an nanan bouclou male ,,ive made f2s of the ag x uk therll be cooked soon and hopefully therll possess or produce there mums power ,,as for finish time it may do late nov dec or even longer dependimg on your pheno i only had one plant that was not like the descrpition so have little understanding of the strain ,,your plant looks beautiful hope shes a winner ,,the manipuri for me were smaller darker plants than the ukrul which was more like a thai type typical sativa long narow leaves etc apparently its from near burmese border so maybe they carry ssome genes from there ,,hoping this one might half finish here in uk to
View Image

Thank you for the thoughtful response harvestreaper! Looking forward to smoke reports on the AG x Ukhrul.

This really makes me wonder if the two seed batches were switched? However, the manipuri I grew had great resin production, turned purple, was definitely really nice flavor and effect-wise, but moderate potency with no ceiling.

Overview of 2 manipuri plants:
37557330925_472b3a42ab_c.jpg

manipuri:
38613332082_7595ef274e_c.jpg

close up-bracts just starting to turn purple:
38589559626_cfaf5cebdc_c.jpg

Manipuri bud drying out. the bracts are actually quite purple at this stage, but the abundant white glandular trichomes sorta wash out the color in this pic:
38262760485_b04ddf9e55_c.jpg

Dried manipuri, I think this was after ~11 month cure:
32579269348_2745bd6586_c.jpg

L

laredo

Laotian Landrace?

Laotian Landrace?

Hi to all!
Last year i was in Luang Prabang.
I find a nice young tuk-tuk driver and I told him I`m looking for old laotian sative landrace seeds.He told me he is growing too and have seeds at home.He sold me this seeds.
I think he was not lieing to me this plant looks like maybe a laotian landrace.What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_20190829_103628.jpg
    IMG_20190829_103628.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20190829_103724.jpg
    IMG_20190829_103724.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20190829_103811.jpg
    IMG_20190829_103811.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20190829_103834.jpg
    IMG_20190829_103834.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190829_104308_2.jpg
    IMG_20190829_104308_2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Sticky Sat

Hi to all!
I find a nice young tuk-tuk driver and I told him I`m looking for old laotian sative landrace seeds.He told me he is growing too and have seeds at home.He sold me this seeds.
I think he was not lieing to me this plant looks like maybe a laotian landrace.What do you think?

Hi Laredo :)

i think you're lucky and wish you the very best with them... :)

Just edited to add some color to the post... ;)

O branch at 35 days...
attachment.php

Cheers all :)

Attachments

• O branch 26-08.jpg
    O branch 26-08.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Hi to all!

Back in the mid 70s we used to get some Laosian stick weed. Man was that a treat to smoke!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi to all!
Congrats Laredo,

Compare for yourself:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It's not the same, but I certainly see similarities.

ThaiBliss

Breadwizard

picture.php

First Lady from original delicatessan @35 days of flower. Allegedly a 60s Mexican heirloom from RC Clarke. Some think it may be from the early girl line. Seems like there could be some indica in there, looking at the wideish waxy leaves. Smell is sweet pine / sharp citrus.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Back in the mid 70s we used to get some Laosian stick weed. Man was that a treat to smoke!
i wonder if that wasnt just thai stick sent from Laos?? ,

sam mentions something about confusion between thai weed that had been sent from laos but was in fact thai ,

and that the laos people were not commercial producers of cannabis ...

though eb has a theory all the sticks came from laos and there were no thai sticks even in thailand ...

cant say id pay much attention to that theory though , very out there given the evidence against it ...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Its all about what grows along the Mekong river - from my own observations - and that river meanders thru Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam and the Thai border - big plants need a lot of water - and great soils to really flourish - along the banks of the Mekong is where you will find that all in abundance - and cannabis farmers from all those nations have taken good advantage of that for many years -

L

laredo

IF this plant turning out like a laotian landrace than is proofed today is still possible to find old style sativa seeds in South-East Asia.
I will be in Cambodia and Laos the next wintertime again,guess for what?:canabis:

A short story from last winter in Cambodia.

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/thousands-cannabis-plants-destroyed-takeo

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/ne...marijuana-plants-discovered-takeo-t17063.html

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/96482/takeo-marijuana-plantation-set-alight/

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/92713/police-destroy-30000-marijuana-plants-takeo/

I was in Takeo and had a motobike for rent.Was driving around for a few days and asked a lot of people for cannabis seeds with seed pictures on my phone.They allways say "no have".
One motobike taxidriver told me he knows a place 30 km away there have many plants and seeds.
We get there but in all villages the people say again"no have".
My motobike driver told me he is 100% sure they have a lot but they are scared.

One more thing.
Above in the links you can see how many cannabis plants was killed only in the Takeo province.
And how many the police not found in the Takeo provice.I dont believe that all this tousends and tousend plants are all crossed with dutch shit genes.There have to be great old sativa plants.

Last edited:
L

laredo

I dont believe that all this tousends and tousend plants are all crossed with dutch shit genes.There have to be great old sativa plants.

Do you think those plants have shit dutch genes?

attachment.php

Or in the first link on the right side i see a plant which looks like one of Bushweeds giant plant in baby stage.
All is only my mind,I`m a beginner with not too much experiens but I want to learn everything about Sativas.
Thank you and have a nice day.
And one more thought:
I can see in the above links pictures from so many different type of cannabis of course in different ages but many different types too.
I`m wrong?

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Its all about what grows along the Mekong river - from my own observations - and that river meanders thru Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam and the Thai border - big plants need a lot of water - and great soils to really flourish - along the banks of the Mekong is where you will find that all in abundance - and cannabis farmers from all those nations have taken good advantage of that for many years -
Hard to beat those rich alluvial soils ,
i suspect other than man spreading cannabis seed ,
the rivers and waterways were the only other way ,

and apparently how man first encountered cannabis ,
on the banks of rivers and streams ...

this laos i found similar to some thai ive had ...

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Do you think those plants have shit dutch genes?
I don't think it does. It looks righteous. Here is another I have that I think it should look like. Even though this does have a tiny bit of "Dutch" genes in it:
picture.php

Hope this makes you feel better.

Are you seeing it? To me, it is kind of unmistakable.

ThaiBliss

Sticky Sat

Beautiful girls TB and HR... :)

A few Bangos clones ((agent orange x Congo) x Bangi Haze) reveged from 3 weeks buds... :)
attachment.php

Many thanks again to Dubi for advising me so well in my back cross project... :)

Attachments

• bango clones.jpg
    bango clones.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 13

harvestreaper

Veteran
Thank you for the thoughtful response harvestreaper! Looking forward to smoke reports on the AG x Ukhrul.

This really makes me wonder if the two seed batches were switched? However, the manipuri I grew had great resin production, turned purple, was definitely really nice flavor and effect-wise, but moderate potency with no ceiling.

Overview of 2 manipuri plants:
View Image

manipuri:
View Image

close up-bracts just starting to turn purple:
View Image

Manipuri bud drying out. the bracts are actually quite purple at this stage, but the abundant white glandular trichomes sorta wash out the color in this pic:
View Image

Dried manipuri, I think this was after ~11 month cure:
View Image
interesting that you seem to have had tthe same experiance with the manipuri an uhkrul ,,i made f2s off 3 manipuri females and several crosses that people liked altho yet to run any myself ,,they were smaller statutre and also showed purple like yours ,,nice job btw on those manipuris they look great ,,i too had nice flavours frost etc and medium potency but the ukrul was something else altogether almost stereotype asian sativa tall lanky long leaves longer flo etc i have 3 ag x uk females but only two startedd flo in time for the time i got on the space im using so ill have too try the other sister next time or i might just half flo her to make some seeds ,,there really acting like a f1 bigger stronger faster thann both parents one got pretty dense buds to would hold some weight grown full size ,,the ag has some nice smells an tastes and these crosses smelling nice mangoeypineapply not quite sure but nice an more sweet than sour
picture.php

an interesting manipuri not seen this kind of pigmentation myself before
picture.php

manipuri x nnanann bouclou
picture.php

manipuri
picture.php

uhkrul