What's new

Reversed Backcrossing:)

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Then get the bits and start posting results the more time u spend in here posting the less time u could be spending actualy doing what you say your going to do u said this a week ago...

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bej ...i you believed in what i am sayin,, you would be doing Genomic testing on your Jack clone now yourself,,,,,,this debate is centered around the use of Revercing in Canna plant breeding practice,,,,

if people here decide to regect "Revercing/Selfing" as a whole,,,i believe fem seeds will be flushed down the toilet in future...

it selfing and genomic testing we are debating...not the reverced backcross

hay GMT,,,,2 new threads i made

A Specilized Program part 1 and 2
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=124528

Seperating Bio-Dynamic And Indoor Gardening
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=2408643#post2408643

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I've just been checking Benji's breeding program out actually Rick, he looks right on track to do a nice cross. Here's mine, http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=53476 , there are some nice links to reference sites early on that explain a great deal about terminology and genetic structures, well worth a read.

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok ill be back when i see some results sorry if i offended u rick but its just the way i am i wanna see results maybe ill be back before you with some pics of me spraying my Jack Herer clone with STS until then i will keep outa your thread no pun intended...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
hey Benji, before you dissappear, why sts rather than cs, clealry ga isnt ideal but why sts?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i know bej is wickid when it comes to production,,,,,i totaly understand why he is getting fusterated with my lack of action....

getting benj involved is a grate idea to increese population and numbers....i cant fault him for his abillity to produce,,,,,,,but preperation is my specialty

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is what i am like,,,,,,,,im bloody anal

how long do you think it took me to design this system......years bro,,years

14413DSC00167.JPG

14413fioio.JPG

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Benji, before you dissappear, why sts rather than cs, clealry ga isnt ideal but why sts?

Hey GMT well im just going by what REZ uses and what colina said i take both their words very seriously and seems to be what most people are using with good results...

By the way i just checked out your thread great work ill be popping in more often!!!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey GMT well im just going by what REZ uses and what colina said i take both their words very seriously and seems to be what most people are using with good results...

By the way i just checked out your thread great work ill be popping in more often!!!

we agree,,for sure!!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not each to his own bro,,,

Rez is into bio-dynamics,,,,,,,everyone who hates fems is into Bio-Dynamics,,but still they dont do bio-dynamic farming themselvs,,,,,,,everyone hate fems because of the implications with preservation

i dont care about Bio-Dynamics,,,,im an indoor gardener an my clones and seedline will die when i do...

so A bio-dynamic farmer and I are comleetly different farmers,,,,,

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hate the idea of fems to i just want to spray my jack herer clone with STS to prove that i can do it nothing else no breeding i couldnt care less about bio-dynamics either dont mean to be rude but ill stick with my pure bred landraces and IBL's for breeding no fems or STS or anything man made will ever replace a stud male in my eyes ever...

Call me old fashioned but thats just me...

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why do it just to prove you can,,?

your into Bio-Dynamics too with ya "landraces and IBL's".......you should know what side of the fence your actualy having the BarBq on:)

genomic testing is the way forward,,,,imo ,,,you oviously dont agree....if i was you foget the STS, you sound like you achive only more ego

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No ego just when i get something in my head i want to try i have to do it whats wrong with that...?

Its called mother nature rick and its the most powerful thing we have i aint fuckin with that our industry does fine and has done for the last 30 years what your doing is only going backwards or should i say messing with nature...

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would ahve to agree with Benji you cant replace mother nature nor would I even try to. The strains available today are so potant why try to change it. Mother nature will it her own time do that for us.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WHY are you trying it?,,,, for WHAT REASON?......just to prove to youself you can?...

messing with mother nature,,,lol,,,,come on benj,,,your growing a plants that cant grow in the wild,,,,cannabis would be hemp if it was not for selective breeding

the fact that im an indoor gardener makes a massive difference...you have to respect that,,,,,

you say "our industry does fine"....who cares about industry,,,,,my plants will allways be localized in my tents........

in dutch "comeup yonger"

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont remeber hemp being smoked in the 60's at least I was not. we had very good bud then and most was bag seed. Some strains I see today remind me of strains I smoked then.

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
WHY are you trying it?,,,, for WHAT REASON?......just to prove to youself you can?...

messing with mother nature,,,lol,,,,come on benj,,,your growing a plants that cant grow in the wild,,,,cannabis would be hemp if it was not for selective breeding

the fact that im an indoor gardener makes a massive difference...you have to respect that,,,,,

you say "our industry does fine"....who cares about industry,,,,,my plants will allways be localized in my tents........

in dutch "comeup yonger"

Rick did you not read my other post yes to prove to myself i can do it who cares about our industry i do its people like you that are ruining it.. do i have to mention another seed company that thinks like you dont think so cause we all know...

Last edited: