What's new

Reversed Backcrossing:)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think its time to let you guys in, on some more of my best ideas:)

cannabis is normally a heterozygote species,,,,, this means cannabis has two sets of chromosomes,,,,,, one chomozone from the mother and one from the father,,,,,,,,, Through "Revercing", i hope to develop homozygote cannabis seeds,,,,,,,, hopeully i will be able get both sets of chromosomes identical,,, and the traits i want, WILL BREED TRUE!!!......... i will then be able to make plants with the exact cannabinoid profile im looking for, including Terp profile too!.,,,,,,,,

over a year ago, i had the Cheese x SK1 idea......ive got a SK1 male that ive had for ages,,,,but once Colina pushed me in the right direction, i just stoped the project Cheese x SK1 project to to focus on "REVERCING" and makin extreemly homogeneous & heterozygote seedline`s.........

fuck the heterogeneous....you know what im sayin baby:)

i have many more ideas thanks to Col,,,,, but il save them for later:)

ive named this one of my procedure`s "Reverced Backcrossing".....
:)

..................................................................................................

MY FIRST PROJECT TO INCORPERATE THIS NEW PROCEDURE WILL BE:
drum roll please:)

Cheese S1 x Cheese....

im going to use this procedure on all my mothers soon ,but im gona start with Cheese,, im gona give-away the first batch of S1`s an Reverced backcrossed Cheese too,,,,,,,,,just to get some credibility for test my ideas,,

lets have a small debate on the idea;0.......Colina: this 1`s for you:)...

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im going to put all S1s through heavy stress test`s to weed out the intersexed traits.....

i will discard any mutants and lable them useless

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I'll grab a seat.. :lurk:

Im interested in this type of discussion. Good luck with your project! :wave:

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
I have a theory that many people may not want to hear but, It seems to me some breeders steer away from " so-called Hermies " traits it maybe a from of defense in nature. Like Mold rest, Early flowering and so forth. Thats my :2cents: I am too going to take a seat if you don't mined:joint:

C

cork144

this had come into my head aswell for what i want to do with my cheese.

Make cheese S1 seeds.

take 2 select fathers, stress tested.

Cross into 2 select stress tested cheese S1's

Cross select father from each of the produce into original cheese mother, create 2 different IBL's from the 2 different fathered seedlines, take untill complete stability is selected, cross the 2 IBL's together and see what happens.

most probably 2 different strain fathers, Sensi super skunk and MNS Spice

C

cork144

Would you go to F8 or beyond?

i was thinking till around f7, so f7 will be minimum, going to use the fathers who show longest to show sex and the most odourless, recessive traits apprantly, hopefully the seeds produced will take on the terpines from the cheese.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this had come into my head aswell for what i want to do with my cheese.

Make cheese S1 seeds.

take 2 select fathers, stress tested.

Cross into 2 select stress tested cheese S1's

Cross select father from each of the produce into original cheese mother, create 2 different IBL's from the 2 different fathered seedlines, take untill complete stability is selected, cross the 2 IBL's together and see what happens.

most probably 2 different strain fathers, Sensi super skunk and MNS Spice

cork...this is an all Female project bro,,please explain why you expect to get Males with XX a chromozone seedline,,,,,?....

getting males in an XX seedline is another 1 of my projects,,,,,Rez`s SSH x OGKA is the bace of findings so far......i found a male in SSH x ogkA "fems",,,,but the big boys think its too far feched to believe

C

cork144

cork...this is an all Female project bro,,please explain why you expect to get Males with XX a chromozone seedline,,,,,?....

getting males in an XX seedline is another 1 of my projects,,,,,Rez`s SSH x OGKA is the bace of findings so far......i found a male in SSH x ogkA "fems",,,,but the big boys think its too far feched to believe

yours may be fem, mine will be making s1's crossing f1 fathers into the s1s, finding the best males for the job, crossing those into the cheese then making ibls.

Unforciantly i dont have much knolage of all female breeding, so watching you will be a great learning curve.

dkmonk

Why would you cull any mutants off the bat, mutants often can be more potent and vigorous than regular, just as long as it isnt hermie.

So your going to reverse the clone and take the pollen and put it on another clone?
or
S1 the clone grow out your s1's and cross those, by reversing?

I wish you the best of luck but i dont see how your going to get past s2 w/ doing it this way you need at least one outcross, which i would do to a skunky afghani.

sorry if im way off to what your doing just a lil confused, kinda, but i think i have an idea of what your thinking, but I don't think it is going to work out how you think it will.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im Reverce the Cheese an makin S1`s,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "a clone from S2 might be more homogeneous, so i might use an S2 as a mother at the end of the day"

addind CHEESE POLEN to an S1/S2 mother is what im trying to explain as my REVERCED BACKCROSS method

eg Cheese(S1 or maybe S2) x Cheese Polen

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why would you cull any mutants off the bat, mutants often can be more potent and vigorous than regular, just as long as it isnt hermie.

So your going to reverse the clone and take the pollen and put it on another clone?
or
S1 the clone grow out your s1's and cross those, by reversing?

I wish you the best of luck but i dont see how your going to get past s2 w/ doing it this way you need at least one outcross, which i would do to a skunky afghani.

sorry if im way off to what your doing just a lil confused, kinda, but i think i have an idea of what your thinking, but I don't think it is going to work out how you think it will.

im only dicarding females that dont survive the stress test`s.....anythink flowerd an found to be amazing, will be kept bro!!.....:)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no bro,,,, S2 at the most,,im only making an S series to make the mothers homogeneous

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
making many homozygote seedlines is the ultimate challange:)

ya know what im sayin bro??

tmu

This is called cubing...You need to start off with a good mother that's not gonna go hermi on you! You really only need to backcross it 3 times, but the 4th really nails it in.