What's new

Reversed Backcrossing:)

H

heavy dank nugg

i think its pretty simple. reg 50% chance of f. 25% chance hermi .
fem 80% f. 50% hermi force a plant to hermi double the chance its seeds hermi . not only are you increasing the% of f. but hermi . let me put it this way red head guy meets red head girl they fuck. what are the chances the baby is going to be blonde or brunett?

H

heavy dank nugg

no not at all you hard to dislike ( unlike me ) im suggesting he figures you guys dont see eye 2 eye and hes not changing your mind anyway.
are you sujesting chimera is not coming back because "he dont like me"....

H

heavy dank nugg

im sorry if ive hurt your feelings not my intention. i just speak directly and to the point. just saying i dont agree with your idea ( i like you fine your allways polite and nice ). i just dont think we should pollute the cannabus gene pool with hermi pollen. ( by the way i know im a dick dont need reassurance on it )

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
Great read GMT as always... What I can not put my mind around is this simple fact. If everything is so cut and dry. example GHS strain hunter episode where they travel to the jungle to find "The legendary" (what ever) their is not real way to tell if it is the same "weed" smoke today is the same from the 70s'?...In no way I hate Greenhouse or sponsor them it was just and example

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
That other thread was very good, helped me understand more of what has been discussed here too.

As a slight aside from the main topic, I find it interesting that Cheese x Psychosis would be an identical cross to Psychosis x Cheese.. I know you mentioned in PM rick that you would be tempted to try both ways around, seems there is no point..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im sorry if ive hurt your feelings not my intention. i just speak directly and to the point. just saying i dont agree with your idea ( i like you fine your allways polite and nice ). i just dont think we should pollute the cannabus gene pool with hermi pollen. ( by the way i know im a dick dont need reassurance on it )

i like you, heavy d,,,you challange me,,,,,,,,,its good man:)......i dont think the big boys will just pass this up,,,,,someone has to set me strait eventualy,,,or my ideas will get crazy,,,im heading for full blown transgenics

so whos the smart ass who thought of Reverced Backcrossing first,,,,he has to have documented it?

hay GMT,,,looks like charlesX is down with the program:)???????

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Forest, I would say that unless you are smoking the same clones that you were smoking in the 70's then its not the same weed. There again unless you and your buddy back in the 70s were smoking the same clone, then you weren't smoking the same weed as each other back in the 70s either.

H

heavy dank nugg

i think ssm. and charlesX disagrees i think. thats my interpitation of all the science talk.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Rick, to my great suprise, yes it looks like charles is down with it. And I'm going to stop argueing against what he wont argue against. I wish you success and good luck with your selections.

Sam is clealry very against it though.

H

heavy dank nugg

so i had it backwards. i got lost as to whos side charles was on. all the quotes and such. sorry for my mistake. but i stand by my feelings of disagreeing. but wish you luck.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
charlesX ,,,,,,,MY MAN,,,,my x-man

i wonder if CharlesX has ever applyed Bayesian probability ,,,or even relative frequency?

B

BeAn

For fucks sake, what's wrong with the old way...?...:chin:...male pollen on female flowers, not all this girl on girl action pissing in the pool..:nono:

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
So Gmt In short what we "experiment" work on now. Could not be reproduce in five years from now?:joint: Evolution Traits indeed;)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Bean, my personal opinion agrees with yours, its the only way I'll do it, but I'm happy to watch the outcomes from someone else doing interesting things, and happy to speculate, and happy to learn if it turns out well. If Charles says it can go well or badly depending on the selections made, then I'm Not going to say it will always turn out badly.

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
All depends on the selections made Forest, evolution takes a long time, and so changes will occur very slowly, especially in situations where open pollination is used. However selected breeding of individual parents will ultimately change a strain permanently. So the number of generations, the stability of the strain, and the breeding methods combined will be the determining factors that dictate the answer. In short, my quick answer will have to be, it depends on the strain you're talking about. I guess though that seed collectors will have todays strains stored in fridges accross the world.

please notice the edit i made to the above post

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For fucks sake, what's wrong with the old way...?...:chin:...male pollen on female flowers, not all this girl on girl action pissing in the pool..:nono:

its not gona stay a lesbo affair B....

SELFING is just meant to put Allele into a homogeneous state

then Quantitative trait locus location is indicated only by looking at which markers give the greatest differences between genotype group averages,...

ITS THE SPECIAL CLONES THAT ARE THE MARKERS,,,,,,,they actualy have a "special" coding, that makes "special" protine an thus making phenotype,,,,,,,an it differs from the others in the same line.....so it can

once you have identified the special stuff,,,,,its time to isolate it, ready for outcossing,,,since the genes are in a homogeneous state, ITS ALL GOOD!!.....FUK IT,,,,,,,,do you not like the idea B?....I have respect for your ethics,,,

ja bless,,ya know what im sayin,,,,peace be opon you........i prommise i wont let this escape into the world and fuc with the overall genome

is that cool enough B,,,i know you hate this stuff as if it is the devil,,,,,,an i can see why.....i dont want to disturbe you

imo
sefing is something the big boys seem to be cool with,,,

but we can agree to diss-agree

hows things with you bro?

love u

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
one thing that just occured to me is this,
once this is stable, then you will outcross it, why recreate something that you have now? Why not just outcross it straight away?

Latest posts

Latest posts