What's new

Reversed Backcrossing:)

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
don't worry im watching from afar....you do have great help in this...the community is full of usefull knowledge, and caring friend's.....it's kosher rick....stay true to yourself..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yallah,,,,:)....i wish you would join in allready

i love you $,,,,,,if this works on the Cheese,,,,im gona be buggin you for S1`s from the worlds best cuts,,,,,,an i know you got some special genomes,,,,you have collected the best of the USA

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive allready got friends Selfing all different select cuttings,,,,wait till you see my next move:)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Well it's an old theory, but I feel that selection is the important thing when breeding. When you do the S1's and subsequent generations, I feel that you will need to be as carefull about the selections that you make as you would with outcrossing. The health may decline at a faster rate and the "sameness" may dissappear just as quickly. Statistical probabilites of hypotheses aren't usefull in what you are doing at all. As if one seed in 1000 is the one you need to use, the outcome isn't the result of the probability, but rather of whether or not you use it.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well it's an old theory, but I feel that selection is the important thing when breeding. When you do the S1's and subsequent generations, I feel that you will need to be as carefull about the selections that you make as you would with outcrossing. The health may decline at a faster rate and the "sameness" may dissappear just as quickly. Statistical probabilites of hypotheses aren't usefull in what you are doing at all. As if one seed in 1000 is the one you need to use, the outcome isn't the result of the probability, but rather of whether or not you use it.

well its like i said here

englishrick said:
hay benj ,,,,,have a think about this ,,,,,,

Quantitative trait locus location is indicated only by looking at which markers give the greatest differences between genotype group averages,...

ITS THE SPECIAL CLONES THAT ARE THE MARKERS,,,,,,,they actualy have a "special" coding, that makes "special" protine an thus a special phenotype,,,,,,,an it differs from the others in the same line.....

im lookin for markers,,,,an the special clones are them markers,,,i will not let the level of fitness overshadow the expreshion my phenotype ,,,,i just wont let it happen:)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I seriously doubt that different plants within the same line are coding for different proteins, what makes the differences are the volumes of the proteins that are being coded for and the uses that the proteins are being put to. For example, a haze leaf and an afghani leaf will be made from the same proteins however their structures are entirely different.

lordbudly

Veteran
rick if this works i may have some special bagseed lines that have been worked then selfed so you can find your "Quantitative trait locus location" but until i see this work :jerkit:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I seriously doubt that different plants within the same line are coding for different proteins, what makes the differences are the volumes of the proteins that are being coded for and the uses that the proteins are being put to. For example, a haze leaf and an afghani leaf will be made from the same proteins however their structures are entirely different.

is that where RnA comes into it?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
rick if this works i may have some special bagseed lines that have been worked then selfed so you can find your "Quantitative trait locus location" but until i see this work :jerkit:

yeh,,, bag seed is very interesting....love the idea,,,

my ideas might show up faster from people like benj ....are you gona say benj is a wa*ker at this point...

i dont need to prove anything,,,,swiching on peoples brains to this understanding might prove more productive than i could ever be allone:)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
hang on one minute, are you doing this, or are you trying to talk others into doing it for you?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im doing it now with Cheese,,,,but others are jumping on the band waggon very quickly,,its starting to be more than just me

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
ah cool, just checking, for a second there it sounded like you were gonna sit back growing your own clones while asking others to do the breeding work for you.

The specific mechanics of rna are I'm afraid beyond my knowledge base at the moment. However the dna alone will determine which protiens are produced, the quantity, and the uses they are put to (provided they have the key ingredients to work with). Though the health of the individual cells will determine how well they are able to follow their instructions. If I got on top of all this stuff, I could make a great living as a medical genetic researcher, sadly I can't be bothered with or afford 7 years of med school. I hear that Suzy Creamcheese is up there, and from repeated talks with Charles Xavier, I know him to be extremely knowledgeable on the genetic side where plants are concerned. Whether they would be willing to put any time into discussing it though I don't know. It's best to understand exacly what you are talking about before contacting them though. And if you get anything from them, then please add it to the thread, (with their permission), as it would be well worth the read.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'd love Bill Gates to give me the use of one of his luxury boats for a couple of years too, is that wrong of me? Do you think he will?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i know man.....RnA is doing my head in,,,i cant get to grips with it yet

nahh man,,,,,please dont get me wrong

id love Capt.cypt or Rez to support this idea also...........is that so wrong of me?

im buying Fire x SFV,,,,thats the same sorta thing,,,,it just cuts my workload,,,and i can increeses my population