What's new

Reeferman's strains

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I had an idea about why seed companies seeds wont germinate... If they are ordered from a different country perhaps the seeds themselves go through some sort of x ray or radiation exposure during shipping, rendering them useless? The odd one may survive? Any thoughts?

I've wondered that too , but if so wouldn't all the seed breeders like BOG and others who live in the US or Canada have their gear ruined when they ship it wholesale to a European distributor in the first place?

Goyakla

And u dont know how they have been treated by grower...and several others probably... and how OLD they are. etc etc etc etc

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All his old stuff is just about gone; except for a few... I wish that I could have tried his Burmese, Love Potion, and Willie Nelson. I think that there are a few more good ones.

His new stuff does not interest me at all. Late to the party bringing high priced sub par gear sold through his sketchy website. No thanks!

R.Fortune

O

OKD

Good interview with Reeferman on High Times' Free Weed podcast, episode 20. I would try his shit if I had a budget and another grow room!

bluntmassa

Opinions are like assholes, the less informed the opinion, the bigger the asshole. For someone, who in your expert opinion is not a breeder, you'd be amazed at how many respected breeders on Icmag have contacted me to find out how they can buy some of Neville's new stock. Isn't that odd? Maybe next time I'll direct them to you for some informed advice lol.

But don't worry, f2s of all his new strains will be reproduced in a hurry by other seed companies with new names, with no credit to the real breeder, at which point the 5 plant cupboard experts like you and your cohort of McDonald's fed morons, will rush out and buy them.
:blowbubbles:

Neville is a joke buddy I just had a long chat with rimmeo whom claims to have 42 strains of nevs but can't produce a single picture of this seed stock. he claims nev was working on his new lines for 2 years which makes sense cause all the claims of extinct strains from nev and his pals started popping up. Now nev has not done any breeding for mns since 2002 so imho there is no way in hell he produced all these extinct lines in the 1 year he's been gone from mns 2 years even thats 42 strains mns has 43 in total. Another thing I find funny is how he talked about fem breeders but now he's selling fems guy gave chimera shit trying to call him a fem breeder Chimera is the man as far as I'm concerned he made nev look like a fool. Nev got all huffy and thats when jap freak came in. lmao

Also whats with this post it was the second page post 22 dude said nev posted JF's personal info and insulted his race. nevil sounds like a real winner makes me wonder if rimmeo wanted to give me a free pack for that reason.

Now I was told by someone not jap freak that Neville didn't work on half that list of 42 I got claimed to have talked to nev guy is a long time member of mns. If thats true then I don't have much of an opinion but rimmeo with all his ghost accounts and bs I smoked out they sound far too shady plus 42 strains in 2 years is pollen chucking no if ands or buts about it TGA aint even that bad. lol:rasta:

Gert Lush

Veteran
No, but I'm running a couple of his willie nelson from seed. One of the plants is almost done...the other isn't going to finish for at least another couple of months
Let us know how it turns out, Hemphrey, inquiring minds, and all that...

I don't know anything about Reefs new stuff, but if it's market led blando-Kush I'm not really interested, or rather I'm really not interested.

He seems to have some problems running a business, I didn't like the way his old site shut down, but hey, it's a tough world, and he seems to annoy some people. But guess what, I'm not looking to marry him, just checking if he's got any worthwhile genetics.

In that light it is simply stupid and childish to say he never did anything.
He had a bit of a cult following, and - on paper at least - some of the best looking strains around.

His Nepalese Highland was a legend, and lives on in several to CBG and ACE creations including NepJam, Banghi Haze, Mextiza and a whole bunch of others. His Willie Nelson lived up to the hype, apparently. No-one ever said a bad word about his Kodiak Gold, which was his version of MVTF. I was pissed off to miss those two.

However I grew out his Willijuana (BurmesexViet which he said was his favourite) and got 8 fems from a pack: 2 were meh, 4 were OK to quite good, and two were outstanding - keeper quality. The better one I have kept. Not a bad haul from an aging pack. I also grew out his Gypsy Kiss (his version of White Rhino), and it was an absolutely phenomenal yielder, one huge mahoosive enormous cola like you haven't seen. I didn't keep it, but only 'cause I am not really a big indica fan. It was pretty decent weed though, and less indica than you'd expect from a Widow-Affie cross.

I have also made several NepHighland crosses with other extreme sativas, following his style, and am more than happy with the results. So I have no reason to bad-mouth the fella.

bigbag

Veteran
Kodiak Gold was from Kodiak Island, not Matanuska valley. Reef toured a large commercial grow on the island in the early 80's and was the first light dep grow he had seen, using tarps to blackout ;)

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I hear ya, Gert. I got some duds from Reef, but I also got some really interesting stuff.

I still have a pack of his bohdi sativa and about 100 LP #1 x Nevil's Haze (from MNS) seed I made a couple years ago.

I took a clipping of the chunkier Willie Nelson which I'm currently trying to reveg and I'm going to take a couple cuttings of the other more lanky looking willie nelson plant sometime very soon.

I don't think that lankier willie is going to finish outside, but I'm hoping the rain holds back like it did last year. I just need relatively dry weather through late Nov/early December and I think it'll be ready.

I think I have 1 more seed of Willie Nelson left in my seed stash. I have a bunch of his Cherry Bomb seeds, but I'm not going to be growing those again for a while.

I'll get some pics up of the two willie plants I got going very soon.

HB.

symbiote420

Veteran
I have some of Reef's Blue Jack gifted by Karma for a preservation project going, only got a 2/8 germ rate ....waiting for them to sex now, anyone got pics or info? She's a very vigorous vegger!

Gert Lush

Veteran
Cheers for that, Hemphrey!
Wish you the very best for your Willie Nelsons.
LPxNH sounds potentially scrumptious, too.

I've got a crazy NevsHzxViet lying around (old FET stock), might try crossing it with some NepHiland, see if I can create a suitable WN fascimille. Won't be till next year, though.

neongreen

Veteran
I have some of Reef's Blue Jack gifted by Karma for a preservation project going, only got a 2/8 germ rate ....waiting for them to sex now, anyone got pics or info? She's a very vigorous vegger!

I had 3/3 germ this April, but lost 2 later through my own fault. The one that survived turned out to be male and got the chop, but as you say was a vigorous vegger - almost as vigorous as the Rombolts I have going this season.

Here are a couple of pics I took a few days prior to chopping him down:

BJ on the left and RB male on the right.

Here's what Reeferman said about the Blue Jack:
A friend had a blueberry x jack herer that he just loved commercial AAA with a super Buzz he had made the cross for his own use it was very nice stony stuff , we were doing work with RM NL#5 he asked if we could make him some seeds we through his prize cutting in with the super frost making nl#5 boy , the seeds turned out to be just killer with really nice bag appeal so we made more ! reef

Its a medium stretcher 2x roughly it has really nice tight compact buds with heavy chrystal and a smell of slightly earthy but sweet , it clones very well and is really pretty easy to grow it yeild well SOG but the more cuttings per ft the better it makes main dominant cola's when flowered at 6" or so .
Reef

Hope you get some nice plants and are able to preserve this strain.

Forgot to add this also from Reeferman:

RM-24 Blue Jack
Price: US$5/seed or $35/12 seeds
Availablity: in stock
Description: Blueberry X Jack Herer X Reefermans NL#5
Inside Finish Time: 8 weeks
Outside Finish Time: Late Oct.
Variation: 5

Last edited:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I'm hatin right now lol Hemp.... lucky Willie nelson is prob my fav pure sat... I had one pheno that was done in 14 wks was great but lost her to not really noing what I was doin the rest were 18 wks plus I had one that I ran and let go 3 harvests keeping her goin and was the best but she went sumthin like 6months flower and never looked finished but was prob done earlier.. Neway glad to see somone out there still rockin Willie and really hope she finishes for ya.. But one thing I learned she may not look done but may be done.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
Let us know how it turns out, Hemphrey, inquiring minds, and all that...

I don't know anything about Reefs new stuff, but if it's market led blando-Kush I'm not really interested, or rather I'm really not interested.

He seems to have some problems running a business, I didn't like the way his old site shut down, but hey, it's a tough world, and he seems to annoy some people. But guess what, I'm not looking to marry him, just checking if he's got any worthwhile genetics.

In that light it is simply stupid and childish to say he never did anything.
He had a bit of a cult following, and - on paper at least - some of the best looking strains around.

His Nepalese Highland was a legend, and lives on in several to CBG and ACE creations including NepJam, Banghi Haze, Mextiza and a whole bunch of others. His Willie Nelson lived up to the hype, apparently. No-one ever said a bad word about his Kodiak Gold, which was his version of MVTF. I was pissed off to miss those two.

However I grew out his Willijuana (BurmesexViet which he said was his favourite) and got 8 fems from a pack: 2 were meh, 4 were OK to quite good, and two were outstanding - keeper quality. The better one I have kept. Not a bad haul from an aging pack. I also grew out his Gypsy Kiss (his version of White Rhino), and it was an absolutely phenomenal yielder, one huge mahoosive enormous cola like you haven't seen. I didn't keep it, but only 'cause I am not really a big indica fan. It was pretty decent weed though, and less indica than you'd expect from a Widow-Affie cross.

I have also made several NepHighland crosses with other extreme sativas, following his style, and am more than happy with the results. So I have no reason to bad-mouth the fella.

Nice that ya gotta keeper from the burmese x VB. Anything I ever ran from Reef was B grade bud at the best, even the nepalese and burmese which were really just breeding tools. The one that I wanted to run was the burmese x north indian. Can't say much about it but I'm betting it's the only thing Reef ever made worth a spot in my garden.

bigbag

Veteran
still runnin' reefs cup cut of LP#1 and his sativa cut of Harmony...both AAA in any garden, but i'm a bit bored with them after a few years steady. they do make wicked hash and oil tho ;)

mack 10

Veteran
anyone heard of these Reeferman genetics; RM14,RM24 willyjuana, 98 turk and asia girl? got some old reef packs, anyone know whats inside?