What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

recovering from pc grow, back to the tube

the only thing I can suggest is not letting it veg so tall next time. CFL penetration is 6". Even at 20" tall, that means less than half of your plant is getting the proper light penetration. This results in smaller, less dense nugs.

igrowone

Veteran
the only thing I can suggest is not letting it veg so tall next time. CFL penetration is 6". Even at 20" tall, that means less than half of your plant is getting the proper light penetration. This results in smaller, less dense nugs.

actually, i was pretty satisfied with my results with the 29 inch height, got 35g of dry bud from 78w of cfl
the cfl's in my fixture form a triangle that surrounds the main cola, and get fairly close to the lower buds
but i am curious what i will see at the lower height, and if the lower bud formation is better
thanks for advice, i had seen this number often quoted for cfl grows

kcbudz31

The less distance nutes have to travel from root to bud the better. If you wanted to tackle it another way you could maybe hang or mount a vertical cfl down at pot level underneath the canopy.

nycjb

igrowone,
I like your style, I would suggest LST next round though, you would have a canopy of buds, im never turning back. Looking really good though! I really like the tube design. Definitely pulling up a seat!

JB

igrowone

Veteran
The less distance nutes have to travel from root to bud the better. If you wanted to tackle it another way you could maybe hang or mount a vertical cfl down at pot level underneath the canopy.

vertical placement has occurred to me, i've seen some incredible grows where the fluoro's are mounted vertically
thing is, where i live the plant sizes i'm getting now are as much as i'm comfortable with
2 oz(dry weight) is all i want going, much lower down side in my local area
if NY goes legal MMJ, vertical here i come

igrowone

Veteran
igrowone,
I like your style, I would suggest LST next round though, you would have a canopy of buds, im never turning back. Looking really good though! I really like the tube design. Definitely pulling up a seat!

JB

good to have looking nycjb, a fellow ny'er i'd guess
LST could be good in the tube, i did think about it
bit lazy i guess, next time i'll think it over closer, hoping my next seed isn't a male

nycjb

Are you going to use just the 5500k's for flowering? Curious because Im using 4 27watt 5500k and I started flowering 8 days ago. I tried looking it up and it seems to be a personal preference.

JB

igrowone

Veteran
Are you going to use just the 5500k's for flowering? Curious because Im using 4 27watt 5500k and I started flowering 8 days ago. I tried looking it up and it seems to be a personal preference.

JB

no, actually i've switched to 2700k, 26w
they're the GE soft white you see in walmart, kick ass little bulbs and cheap, they have a bit more lumen output than many others
they worked great for my last flowering with this strain
but 5500k will work, some actually like to mix them up with 2700k and 5500k

igrowone

Veteran
Day 35

Day 35

thanks cheesebuds, she's doing good, much better than my pc setup anyways

just short of 3 weeks flowering
not quite 20 inches tall, looking to be under a half inch a day of stretch
defintely a faster ripening from clone than from seed
based on my last grow log, probably 1 1/2 weeks 'riper' in the 12/12 cycle

Attachments

• nl_35.jpg
    nl_35.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 9

igrowone

Veteran
Day 39

Day 39

3 weeks of flower, and i'm not complaining
she's blooming out nicely, and no odor
the no odor on this girl has me thinking about the outdoor season
i thought i had left outdoor growing behind
but with such a low odor plant, the possibilities are just so tempting
with a topping or 2, clones should finish off at 2 feet or so

Attachments

• day_39.jpg
    day_39.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 10

igrowone

Veteran
Day 44

Day 44

so it's about 3 1/2 weeks into the flower, and how white she looks
stretch has slowed way down, maybe a few more inches before she's done
may not get quite the yield the 1st grow gave me, which was 35g
still learning i guess

Attachments

• day_44.jpg
    day_44.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 8

igrowone

Veteran
day 49

day 49

at 4 weeks of flower, and the stretch has stopped(almost)
really interesting on the stretch ratio
a 7 inch clone has stretched to a 21 inch finished plant
that's a lot higher ratio than the usual quote for indica
and you don't get much more indica than northern lights

Attachments

• day_49.jpg
    day_49.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 11

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow igrowone - lookin well on track for a nice harvest in a couple weeks

what are you feeding ?

igrowone

Veteran
wow igrowone - lookin well on track for a nice harvest in a couple weeks

what are you feeding ?

thinking 4 more weeks, grew 1st time from seed, this is a clone from that plant
i use bone meal tea, molasses is the base(1 tsp per gallon), and 2 tsp bone meal per gallon
bone meal is MG Organic(6-9-0) which has some nice organic nitrogen
and a tbsp of wood ash occasionally in the tea for some extra potassium

igrowone

Veteran
Day 53

Day 53

so at 5 1/2 weeks of flower, bit out of synch on date i think she's ripening faster this time around not surprising being clone versus seed beginning to lose some color off the large lower fans but plant health is great, pretty sure nitrogen is adequete

Attachments

• day_53.jpg
    day_53.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 11

igrowone

Veteran
day 57

day 57

this is some great work dude.

thanks cheesebuds, can't complain, it's enough for my small needs interesting, the ripening really seems to have gone up a notch
picture detail isn't great from cheap camera, but main cola is really ripening quick
but this is in comparison to the mother from seed i grew before, this is a clone from a reveg
i'm not sure how the yield will compare, looks like this one will finish out a 21 inches
seed grow went to 27 inches, will the side buds make up the difference with the closer cfl's?

Attachments

• day_57.jpg
    day_57.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Latest posts