What's new

Rebirth of .\nti

D

DHF

Finally finished negotiating a deal today.

I'll be out west in a week's time and things are in motion so that I will hit the ground running.

More on this story as it develops...
Hope our talk in PM helped in makin yas a place once shit get`s movin.....

All things in time , and a solid business plan with projections along with a profit and loss statement after the first run means everything.......

Holler if ya`ll need help on uppin the game yr round to keep payin bills and building portfolio`s.......

Peace.....Freds.....:ying:......

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Thanks for the well wishes, guys. This is going to be a very interesting year, no matter what happens.

Hope our talk in PM helped in makin yas a place once shit get`s movin.....

All things in time , and a solid business plan with projections along with a profit and loss statement after the first run means everything.......

Holler if ya`ll need help on uppin the game yr round to keep payin bills and building portfolio`s.......

Peace.....Freds.....:ying:......

I made a spreadsheet for yield projections to make negotiating easier. (Had it on my phone. While he talked, i could type in variables and watch all the numbers dance.) I will be updating that spreadsheet now that we've actually had the meeting and using it to help plan stuff out for the year.

I didn't quote you by name during negotiations, but I did mention the words "babyshit" and "hoonin'." :tiphat:

As soon as I get "on site" you can expect me to blow your PM's up.

Thanks Freds.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Greetings from the west coast.

Big things are afoot. Can't wait to share with you guys.

Thanks for all the supportive messages and pms from all of you.

Mister_D

Veteran
Greetings from the west coast.

Big things are afoot. Can't wait to share with you guys.

Thanks for all the supportive messages and pms from all of you.

Hope that means a new thread is forth coming also? :woohoo:. Glad to hear the move went smooth for ya anti :biggrin:.

D

DHF

so cali has a disco ball now???? sweet!
The disco ball in the sky`s the next thing I wanna see happenin w/ light dep`s and full season Harvey`s intertwined for the yr round business plan and portfolio building process......

Proud ya`ll came ta terms and have a solid foundation ta build off of.....Leave ALL ego`s at the door and come together.......

Trust and compromise is EVERYTHING in a joint venture , so lookin fer nothing but leaps and bounds outta good folks I`ve come to respect and care about.....Good luck and Holler if I can help....

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Got some clones I'm going to turn into mamas. Still don't have my internet up, but will start a new thread when time is right. I hope we will make you guys proud.

People with suggestions for high yielding, high potency outdoor strains, please toss 'm my way. (They'll likely be run in a climate controlled greenhouse.)

Currently playing with:

Cherry Pie x Holland's Hope
Blue Dream
Blue Cheese (Blue Dream x UK Cheese)
Chemdawg's Sister
Sour Bogglegum
Ken's GDP
Banana Kush

Probably going to run 90% blue dream and then a few each of the others the first round to see if anyone can beat her. The winner from the first round will likely be monocropped from there on out.

I'm also pleased to announce that I was accepted as a tester for HOL's Blue Dream II.

More to come as this story develops.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the Sour Bogglegum will be good in the GH along with the Cherry Pie x Hollands Hope...that Blue Dream is the 8-9 week "fast finisher" isn't it?

Some bsackground on the Cherry Pie x Hollands Hope which I am thinking may be a huge winner in the greenhouse read below;

Holland's Hope is an Indica dominant hybrid (80% Indica and 20% Sativa). Its a mix of the most popular Indica ancestry Afghan and a Skunk. The THC levels in this one are not as high as other top level strains but that doesn't seem to affect it's popularity. The lower potency seems to actually be a positive quality for Indica lovers who like to regulate their high.

Cherry Pie - (Grandaddy Purple X Durban Poison) -The thing is, Cherry Pie is actually just Cherry Kush renamed and re-promoted by Bay-Area growers in the last couple of years. Its reputation is well deserved though; Cherry Pie will make even the most experienced smokers appreciate its full-bodied effects and subtle burnt cherry pie flavor.

“Not quite the same Cherry Pie your grandma used to make — although just as delicious!”
These Cherry Pie (or Cherry Kush) buds have beautiful bursts of color — mostly dark purple, forest green, and maroon. Maybe I have been spoiled lately, but I’ve come to expect really dense buds that are covered in trichomes every time I buy a batch of Cherry Pie. The structure of the buds are typically Indica looking, like little dense Christmas trees

SO glad your in Cali bro!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I've been doing a lot of thinking and planning.

But I've also been getting way too interested in petty bullshit.

So I'm going to start thinking out loud again.

Those who are interested in brainstorming with me, please play along.

I've been thinking about ways to get a perpetual harvest but still have a moderate amount of veg time.

Here's where my mind is at at the moment.
1 Mom/Clone Room
4 separate veg/flower rooms.

50 days of veg
70 days of flower
------------------
120 days per cycle

120 * 3 = 360 days, so each room could have a day between harvest and replanting and still do 3 full cycles a year

Each room starts one month after the last

Each month one room would be harvested and reset with new clones
One would have one month old plants with another month of veg to go.
One would be starting its first month of flower
One would be starting its last month of flower

So... for instance....

Room I starts Mar 1st, flips May 1st and harvests Jul 1st
Room II starts Apr 1st, flips June 1st and harvests Aug 1st
Room III starts May 1st, flips July 1st and harvests Sep 1st
Room IV starts June 1st, flips Aug 1st and harvests Oct 1st
Room I reset Jul 2nd, flips Sep 2nd and harvests Nov 2nd
Room II reset Aug 2nd, flips Oct 2nd and harvests Dec 2nd
Room III reset Sep 2nd, flips Nov 2nd and harvests Jan 2nd
Room IV reset Oct 2nd, flips Dec 2nd and harvests Feb 2nd
....and so on.

(Above dates are not perfect. But each cycle would be a total of approximately 17.5 weeks and I don't feel like being precise at the moment.) So each room if quickly reset could produce 3 harvests a year. 3 harvests a year x 4 rooms (started one month apart) = 12 harvests a year, staggered by a month.

So basically, four rooms producing a perpetual once a month harvest but each plant gets 7 weeks of veg and then 10 weeks of flower.

I know that DHF would rather see me running a bunch of tiny plants with 1 week of veg and 10 weeks of flower and getting that many more harvests per year, but i see one harvest (and one batch of clones) per month being much more manageable and now that I'm officially in a "Med State" keeping my plant #s from being TOO ridiculous might not be a bad idea.

What do you think? Have I made a stoney error?

Last edited:

farmari

Could you have three flowering rooms and one veg room? So each flowering room has 5 harvests a year, 15 harvests total per year, 1 harvest every 3 weeks or so, and much lower kwh use due to less wattage spent in veg ? Approx what size rooms will you have to work with? 99 plants max?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Could you have three flowering rooms and one veg room? So each flowering room has 5 harvests a year, 15 harvests total per year, 1 harvest every 3 weeks or so, and much lower kwh use due to less wattage spent in veg ? Approx what size rooms will you have to work with? 99 plants max?

15 harvests a year makes sense to me. Harvesting every 3 weeks instead of every 4 sounds kinda like a pain in the ass. :biggrin: I'll have to churn that around a bit.

In fact... pretend that i didn't say anything about 4 rooms. I will probably be starting from one large room and subdividing it to my own specs.

As far as plant #'s let's call it 40-65. That's 10-15 per room in my original four room idea. Room size is (without saying too much) much bigger than I can currently use even if we build 6 rooms.

I'm currently envisioning each plant being in a 3.5'x3.5'x1.5' raised bed with a 2' path in a grid between plant beds. (That's about 18 cubic feet of soil per plant.)

This will most likely be done in a light supplemented/deprived, environmentally controlled greenhouse environment so wattage is only a factor to keep the plants in veg in veg. Light deprivation will be used to keep the flowering plants in bloom.

The reason I was thinking about 4 rooms with veg/bloom is because then I don't have to move these fuckers. Once planted in their bed, they'd not be moved until chop. Or, the entire space could be divided in two, with supplemental lighting on one side and light dep on the other side. So really only 2 rooms, but two different groups of plants in the veg room and two different groups of plants in the flower room.

D

DaveTheNewbie

ok cause you asked people to break it down with you im gonna bite.

firstly work out how long a plant needs to flower. if your going to multicrop and have both 7 and 12 week strains it gonna fuck things up. You stated 10 weeks flowering. This means that you will have an empty room if you run a faster flower and you cant run a longer flower.

then work out how many rooms or stations you can have. If your going to veg seperately to the area you flower in then the flower "stations" can be in the same room if you veg and flower in the same spot then the stations have to be in different rooms.

have a rough idea how long you want to veg for, but i find this is the variable that flexes to make the system work. cause i flower for 8 weeks and i have 2 flower stations i veg for 4 weeks. it just fits in. But i have to move flowers from the veg room into the flower room every 4 weeks and its a bitch of a job in an already busy day.

The reason I was thinking about 4 rooms with veg/bloom is because then I don't have to move these fuckers. Once planted in their bed, they'd not be moved until chop.

if you can pull this off (i cant) then it gives so many advantages. you dont have to move them which can damage them and causes you more work. you can start cages or stakes or whatever in veg. since you are vegging and flowering under the same lights you might find your overlighting in veg, but you can turn your ballasts down maybe. are you going to swap in MH lamps for veg?

my guess is if you are vegging for over 7 weeks with flowering level lights your really going to grow monsters. I grow some pretty big plants with 4 weeks veg in a 400w MH lamp. your going to have to have some sort of support system to tie things up for sure.

IF i had 10 week flowering plants i would look at a 5 week veg time and have 1 veg room feeding 2 flower rooms. Thats a 15 week cycle, harvesting every 5 weeks. 5.2 cycles and 10.4 harvests a year. if you have 4 flower stations then double everything. A stretchy strain will be big in 5 weeks, especially if you have a decent pre veg/post clone time to set solid roots.

if you just want to make money i would suggest a solid quality 8 week flower strain with a 4 week veg and make a cycle take 12 weeks, harvesting every 4. thats 13 harvests a year or 6.5 cycles.

so my next question is how much space have you got for growing and what shape, and how many lights are you gonna run?

I'm also pleased to announce that I was accepted as a tester for HOL's Blue Dream II.

i would have suggested HOL Blue Vixen as a strain to look at, that thing grows monsters with massive yield in a decent flower time.

EDIT : ok now i read your last post : wattage is incidental as its mainly solar powered, and you have all the space you need. I have never heard of light deprived greenhouse but i take it you can run 12 hours light in the middle of the day and then make it black for 12 hours. 18 for veg with supplimental light. I suspect your still gonna get bigger harvests in summer than in winter, but thats life. And since your growing in the ground your not limited by pot size so you really can look at growing monsters. This is way outside my experience and i would be looking at outdoor grow logs / forums and asking outdoor people.

i would still make my flower time solid in weeks (10 weeks) and make that my veg time solid in weeks too (10, 8, or whatever) but thats cause i like nice round numbers and its easier to keep track of weeks than days.
if you made the veg time 10 weeks as well as the flower time, then its simple : divide the room in 2 and run a cycle every 10 weeks (harvesting every 10 weeks) so that one side is vegging while the other is flowering. You could divide the room into 4 stations and run a cycle every 5 weeks (harvesting every 5 weeks) and have 2 stations vegging with a 5 week split and 2 stations flowering with a 5 week split. This is still with only 2 rooms (18/6 and 12/12)

i would think in the size your talking it really is up to your imagination.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
New Registration Options for 2013 Hydroponic Courses at University of Arizona
The University of Arizona’s Controlled Environment Agriculture Center is offering several hydroponics greenhouse crop production intensive courses throughout 2013. Their next short course, the Greenhouse Crop Production & Engineering Design Short Course, is scheduled for April 7 to 12... Read more - http://enews.maximumyield.com/archives/219

Hmmm maybe we should attend? Greenhouse Crop Production and Engineering....interesting

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
ok cause you asked people to break it down with you im gonna bite.

firstly work out how long a plant needs to flower. if your going to multicrop and have both 7 and 12 week strains it gonna fuck things up. You stated 10 weeks flowering. This means that you will have an empty room if you run a faster flower and you cant run a longer flower.

I wasn't talking about multiple strains running 7 weeks and 12 weeks.

I'm saying 50 days of veg and 70 days of flower. My AK went 70 days and a lot of people here see to be running their 60-65 day plants to 70 as well, so I like it as a bench mark.

The first round, I may run a few different strains to see what does the best in the environment, but after that it will be monocrop city.

120 days * 3 = 360 So I could run three entire cycles (veg and flower) per year, per space, staggering the 4 spaces (or dividing two spaces into two areas each) to harvest once a month, every month.

Yes, winter crops would get less sun and yield less.

D

DHF

Perpetual Harvey`s every month once all is set in place by the 4th month cycle are all that matters Bro.......

Increased plant numbers are not for everyone , but what matters is room yields for consistent returns month in and month out.......

Matters not about plant count unless yas are very proficient at rootin cuts for the clone factory it takes ta feed the beast with increased plant number aetups.....

Holler if I can help....DHF....:ying:.....

Latest posts

Latest posts