What's new

Rebirth of .\nti

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Shit. I checked this out thinking you'd be growing something by now. You're still talking about designing something. The pages of the calender are turning brother. You need to set up a couple doughnuts or something simple and get some plants growing. While you spin your wheels coming up with the perfect coliseum the plants can be working for you.

By the time you get this thing built you could have grown a crop. And it will never be perfect enough. This is deja vu all over again here.

Crusader - I am on a friend's couch in a small one bedroom apartment.

The thread was started on 11/18. It is now 11/30. So 12 days of discussion, while still looking for a suitable place.

If I had a place to grow right now, we would not be discussing ideas.

I find a place that looks perfect... the deal falls through. I find a place that looks "acceptable"... then find out the wiring is 100 amp and already at 90%. I find a perfect place, but the landlord lives right next door and is a busybody. I find the perfect landlord who doesn't ask any questions, but the place is an unlivable dump with subpar electricity.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Last edited:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Okay you lost me there lol? How much room do you have for your new setup man?

I haven't got a SPACE for my new setup. I've been spending my days on craigslist and driving through neighborhoods, contacting landlords and "for sale by owner" signs. I've been spending my evenings designing ideas in sketchup. I appreciate all the kicks in the ass, but the closest I have to a "grow space" is a small 1ft deep by 3ft wide closet that is currently housing my two remaining mamas (and just barely doing that!)

The only possessions of mine that are not in storage are my computer and some of my clothes and my phone.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I find a place that looks perfect... the deal falls through. I find a place that looks "acceptable"... then find out the wiring is 100 amp and already at 90%. I find a perfect place, but the landlord lives right next door and is a busybody. I find the perfect landlord who doesn't ask any questions, but the place is an unlivable dump with subpar electricity.
Man do I know that feeling !!!! :wallbash:
I could have a 2br upstairs apt where the landlord only cares about getting the rent & don't even show up to get it ... wants it sent to him . & the only tenant in the building is my buddy ... who's growing himself (small time ) ...... but theres only an old fuse panel 60 amp service !!!
I've been looking for nearly 7 months now !!! its freakin aggrevating as hell .
My only plus is .... i'm growing now in my attic ... its just no where close to being what i need or want . gotta get the frack outa here .

good luck finding "the spot " :tiphat:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Okay I get it now, I though I read that you were gonna do a grow in your friends place and split the profit. Well you know me and if it were up to me, when I got the space I'd be doing good old donuts, 600w light, 6 plants per bulb and 20-22oz per donut with the right strain mono-cropped, coco DTW.

HGO

Green81

Veteran
Your going to find the right place Anti, keep positive. Also some wise men in this room suggesting not putting all your eggs in one basket, I have to agree bro. Horizontal grow for the win - you can still achieve 1gpw, or simple donuts like 100oz is smashing.

Peace

G81

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anti...hang in their brah.....I got your PM just been busy as hell......I'll try and call you this week.......get you filled in and caught up......

D

DaveTheNewbie

Okay I get it now, I though I read that you were gonna do a grow in your friends place and split the profit. Well you know me and if it were up to me, when I got the space I'd be doing good old donuts, 600w light, 6 plants per bulb and 20-22oz per donut with the right strain mono-cropped, coco DTW.

HGO

thats what im doing (cept with blumats) and im killing it :)

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Hey Anti swore I stopped in here but i guess i didn't. Either way, just wanted to drop by and give you support! I know life has its ways of fucking you over... Just keep your head up and keep on trucking! I want you to know that all your hard work and attention to detail is helping yourself and everyonne else out more than you would ever know. I read you microcab thread front to back a few times and have learned alot. Biggest mistake I made was not making an exact replica of your cab.

Once you started your VERT thread I just stopped following you mostly because I had NO option at all to upgrade to anything past cfls. I wasn't aware of your unfortunate events until I saw this thread. After reading this I decided it was time to take a look through your vert thread and all i can say is wow! I haven't even come close to reading the whole thing yet, but I've already learned a ton and thats coming from a guy who grows micro in a cab with cfls lol. Like the tree pots, you saved my life with finding those SHORTONES, i've been struggling to find a container that is small enough to let me cram a bunch in a sq. ft but big enough to allow for some decent root mass.

Anyway just wanted to let you know that you have deff given back your fair share of knowledge to the community. This is turning into a big ramble now...

Happys New Years! Let's make this a good one ANTI, sky's the limit!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Finally finished negotiating a deal today.

I'll be out west in a week's time and things are in motion so that I will hit the ground running.

More on this story as it develops...

Mister_D

Veteran
Finally finished negotiating a deal today.

I'll be out west in a week's time and things are in motion so that I will hit the ground running.

More on this story as it develops...

Like what i'm hearing :woohoo:. Best wishes with the new endeavor.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
~!

~!

Late to the party. Just read your thread. Looks like you're on track to make it work.

Out here; Colo. the biggest problem is where to dispose of the product. Once you get out of the Denver metro, real estate tends to be less expensive but you have to or might Want to know what they charge for Electricity. It ranges from $.0625 per KW hour (Denver), to over $.16 per KW hour, here in Colorado.

I'm only piping up here because I'm not fond of the 'filtered' light scenario. Doing time is just not an option. Guess I'm just not that much of a gambler. lol

I only grow for my own use so it's a whole nother program.

Good thread; and much success. :laughing:

PS:
One post made a great deal of sense to me. Have a reserve/retirement fund, and Never spend it until you retire. I have neighbor who freely admits to having 'invested' his retirement fund not once, but Three times, into business 'opportunities', which all failed. He's now 70 odd and still not able to retire. So Do NOT invest your retirement into an IF COME. That way you can retire when the day comes. Been there, Done that.

Retired; and No I don't want a job. Thank you. :biggrin: