What's new

REALSTYLES DIY CXB3590 TUTORIAL

REALSTYLES

Was thinking to go with the 3590's, might get 4.

Noticed your lights on the page and even some pics of your grow lol.

Will let them know REALSTYLES sent me, hopefully can get a good price.

Built a vero 29 panel, with 2 running at 1.55a 38v, cant believe how bright they are, and cant imagine how bright the 3590's will be.

Here is the unit running.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62052&pictureid=1491399View Image

Peace, happy growing.
You will get the best price around and the top bin without buying 100 to get the price.

C

CannaBuilding

You will get the best price around and the top bin without buying 100 to get the price.

Sounds really good, will post a pic of the 3590 panel when completed.

Here is the 2x 3500k vero 29 running at 1.55amps with 2 other LED panels, apollo 360 and a 300watt 1w LED panel, you can see how much brighter the COBS are, its amazing how far they have come with LED efficiency, 110 watt COB panel is brighter then 500watts Total LEDS!!!

The cob panel is located on the right side of the pic with the other panels on the left, the far back left, some RED shown from the 300watt 1w RED LEDS panel as the COB light footprint does not reach that area.

World of seeds Space and Strawberry blue at 19 days

Anyone that does not go with COBS and spends money on a stupid premade 3w 5w LED panel is really throwing money down the drain.

Peace.

Last edited:

REALSTYLES

Sounds really good, will post a pic of the 3590 panel when completed.

Here is the 2x 3500k vero 29 running at 1.55amps with 2 other LED panels, apollo 360 and a 300watt 1w LED panel, you can see how much brighter the COBS are, its amazing how far they have come with LED efficiency, 110 watt COB panel is brighter then 500watts Total LEDS!!!

The cob panel is located on the right side of the pic with the other panels on the left, the far back left, some RED shown from the 300watt 1w RED LEDS panel as the COB light footprint does not reach that area.

World of seeds Space and Strawberry blue at 19 days
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62052&pictureid=1491815View Image

Anyone that does not go with COBS and spends money on a stupid premade 3w 5w LED panel is really throwing money down the drain.

Peace.
You said that right

Was thinking to go with the 3590's, might get 4.

Noticed your lights on the page and even some pics of your grow lol.

Will let them know REALSTYLES sent me, hopefully can get a good price.

Built a vero 29 panel, with 2 running at 1.55a 38v, cant believe how bright they are, and cant imagine how bright the 3590's will be.

Here is the unit running.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62052&pictureid=1491399&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Peace, happy growing.

You've got 120 w of good light, your plants will explode under it.
Now when i see this purple light in a grow room, i smile. It can be good for veg, maybe, but not for flowering.
And try your vero in a veg room, you will be surprised ....

C

CannaBuilding

Now when i see this purple light in a grow room, i smile. It can be good for veg, maybe, but not for flowering.

Its been 3 days and the plants under the vero's are exploding, the internoding is much more tight compared to the Buds at back far left which have stretched, its amazing.

I've been using burple gunk panels for about 4 years out of my 10 years of growing and having all that 750watt worth of LED panels is nothing compared to these 2xvero 29's i have installed, even the heat it lower from the vero's, grow room has been 1 - 3f cooler since i removed 1 panel and installed the cobs, i wonder hte difference once i get all the panels out and have htem replaced with COBS.

COBS for life.

Peace, Happy growing.

C

CannaBuilding

Its been 2 days and the plants under the vero's are exploding, the internoding is much more tight compared to the Buds at back far left which have stretched, its amazing.

I've been using burple gunk panels for about 4 years out of my 10 years of growing and having all that 750watt worth of LED panels is nothing compared to these 2xvero 29's i have installed, even the heat is less, grow room has been 1 - 3f cooler since i removed 1 panel and installed the cobs, i wonder hte difference once i get all the panels out and have htem replaced with COBS.

COBS for life.

Peace, Happy growing.

REALSTYLES

Its been 2 days and the plants under the vero's are exploding, the internoding is much more tight compared to the Buds at back far left which have stretched, its amazing.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62052&pictureid=1492603View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62052&pictureid=1492604View Image

I've been using burple gunk panels for about 4 years out of my 10 years of growing and having all that 750watt worth of LED panels is nothing compared to these 2xvero 29's i have installed, even the heat is less, grow room has been 1 - 3f cooler since i removed 1 panel and installed the cobs, i wonder the difference once i get all the panels out and have them replaced with COBS.

COBS for life.

Peace, Happy growing.
Now it's time to step up to the Cree over Vero because of better efficiency:greenstars:

C

CannaBuilding

Now it's time to step up to the Cree over Vero because of better efficiency:greenstars:

I agree, I will be adding 4x 3000k 3590's in the next 2 - 4 weeks, would be towards the end of the grow, but will be able to use them with the next grow.

8x vero's 29's and 4x cree cxb3590 in a 1m x 1m space, will be receiving more than 100,000 lumens LOLS, but why not, I'd rather grow big monsters like yourself every 3 - 6 months than run my flowering tent all year round, If only i had the money to go with all Cree lamps, atleast i can add 4x 3000k 3590's soon, better than none at all.

Thanks for the advice REALSTYLES, the world is a better place cause of people like yourself mate. Much appreciate your effort making this thread.

Peace.

REALSTYLES

I agree, I will be adding 4x 3000k 3590's in the next 2 - 4 weeks, would be towards the end of the grow, but will be able to use them with the next grow.

8x vero's 29's and 4x cree cxb3590 in a 1m x 1m space, will be receiving more than 100,000 lumens LOLS, but why not, I'd rather grow big monsters like yourself every 3 - 6 months than run my flowering tent all year round, If only i had the money to go with all Cree lamps, atleast i can add 4x 3000k 3590's soon, better than none at all.

Thanks for the advice REALSTYLES, the world is a better place cause of people like yourself mate. Much appreciate your effort making this thread.

Peace.
Go to Kingbrite they have the best price on Cree and Vero 29 and on the Cree you'll be getting top bin. The CXB3590 are $51.50 usd just tell Jerry REALSTYLES sent me he also has Meanwell drivers and cob holders here's the link http://kingbriteled.en.alibaba.com/

REALSTYLES

Here's a pic from today

post-316297-0-64757400-1441747439.jpg

C

CannaBuilding

What a beautiful looking plant mate, you can tell she is loving that COB setup.

What day Flowering is she at? she looks like she will need atleast another 2 - 3 weeks.

Peace, happy growing.

XavierFernandez

Hey RealStyles, how do you like the lenses compared to the bare cobs?

I figured if you're hanging the lights kind of higher like you appear to be in some pics, then the lenses will help and close-hung lights would be best as bare cobs.

I'm running bare cobs right now (2 bars of 4 cxb3590 @ 700ma) and they're as close as I can get them without bleaching. These things bleach like crazy since they're pumping out the umols. :)

Thanks for the great tutorials.

C

CannaBuilding

I figured if you're hanging the lights kind of higher like you appear to be in some pics, then the lenses will help and close-hung lights would be best as bare cobs.

I'm running bare cobs right now (2 bars of 4 cxb3590 @ 700ma) and they're as close as I can get them without bleaching. These things bleach like crazy since they're pumping out the umols. :)

Problem with lenses is the internal COB chip temps are much higher then if you dont have a lenses installed, which in turn will shorten life span, or you will have to run them at a lower amperage, for grow lights, it will be better to run with out lenses at a slightly higher amperage then with lenses.

peace

Problem with lenses is the internal COB chip temps are much higher then if you dont have a lenses installed, which in turn will shorten life span, or you will have to run them at a lower amperage, for grow lights, it will be better to run with out lenses at a slightly higher amperage then with lenses.

peace

+1

Hey cannabuilding, how is your flower room now ?

I've just installed 240 more cree cob watts, in a room where there was already 190 nichia cob watts. The reaction is immediate, i can see them grow, i pulled 2 males yesterday, today, no more hole in the canopy. It's 430 led watts in a square meter, it's awesome...

C

CannaBuilding

+1

Hey cannabuilding, how is your flower room now ?

I've just installed 240 more cree cob watts, in a room where there was already 190 nichia cob watts. The reaction is immediate, i can see them grow, i pulled 2 males yesterday, today, no more hole in the canopy. It's 430 led watts in a square meter, it's awesome...

Hey John LOQUE

Congrats mate, you wont be dissapointed, your resin content should go through the roof with that much Lumens.

After installing the COBS about 4 days later, the fan leaves have resin on them, i've never had that with this strain before, or previous LED lights i've used, Will be installing a another 2 x vero's and some cree cxb3590's soon. I shall post a close up soon, but they are so frosty its amazing, they need about another 3 - 4 weeks to go.

Peace and happy growing.

Kaabon

So after looking at your design so many times, I think I will give it a shot after my current run. I want to make a cabinet with a kind of low overhead space and I was wondering if the chips you are using will bleach the plants. If so, do you think I would be able to get the lights closer to the plants by running 8 of the CXB3590 on a single HLG-185H-C700 with the lenses and have 2 fixtures to cover a 3x3 space? I want to make the grow as stealth as possible in a tropical climate, so too much heat would be a deal breaker for me.

peace

CB, did you run tests checking temps?

A while back supra ran tests on lensed v29 @2.1 mA and detected very little temp change. Ive got those same magnetic lenses on my vero29. They dont seem to be any warmer than non lensed emitters.

Which lenses did you test?

C

CannaBuilding

CB, did you run tests checking temps?

A while back supra ran tests on lensed v29 @2.1 mA and detected very little temp change. Ive got those same magnetic lenses on my vero29. They dont seem to be any warmer than non lensed emitters.

Which lenses did you test?

Never ran any tests, but i would imagine that having a piece of plastic/glass over the silicone diode area which is already at 130c - 150c will raise the internal diode temps, just a assumption.

But i have tested the temps on my vero 29's when they have been on for about 1 hour with a temp gun and its 150c+ on the silicone area, but the temp gun im using is a small turnigy temp gun made for RC petrol motors, maybe someone needs to test it with one of those laser emitting temp guns.

Peace

XF, are your cobs 36v?...how close to the canopy are you placing them?

Latest posts

Latest posts