What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

REALSTYLES DIY CXB3590 TUTORIAL

Dion

hey buddy what size(sq ft) will this beast illuminate?

i see you pack em in there pretty tight but what r the actual dimensions of that space?

im hoping to figure out the watts per sq ft and $ per sq ft of this build

so how big is that tent?
how mant of these u got in there?

tnx

REALSTYLES

hey buddy what size(sq ft) will this beast illuminate?

i see you pack em in there pretty tight but what r the actual dimensions of that space?

im hoping to figure out the watts per sq ft and $ per sq ft of this build

so how big is that tent?
how mant of these u got in there?

tnx
At full power 413 watts I think 3x3 but I know it will cover a 2x4 area and the pic you see the panels are running at 186 watts each and it's in a 4x8 tent and there is 5 panels so it's 930 watts total and it's 29watts per sq ft and at full power 64watts per sq ft. I'm still testing them out and I just got my hands on some CXB3590 6500k DD bin 70 cri just 5 of them and 12 DB bin they are rare:dance013:

REALSTYLES

I just ordered 14 more Meanwell HLG-185H-C700A(12) and (5) C700B version from Sager.com $55.20 and 5 more heat sinks

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice fixtures RS, Im rocking an HLG-185H-C1400A on my little fixture, great choice in driver with the HLG-185 series.

Dready_jake

Hey realstyles, mad respect brotha! I'm thinking about building a couple of your lights.
Quick question. When they are running at the full 400ish watts the leds are still maxed out at about 50% of their potential for the sake of led life and efficiency right?
I want to build a similar light but I want it to be able to draw at least 800-1200 watts. I'm thinking about either doing the modular (one of your panels at a time) or going full blown and shoot for the 800-1000 watter version of your light. What do you think?

REALSTYLES

Hey realstyles, mad respect brotha! I'm thinking about building a couple of your lights.
Quick question. When they are running at the full 400ish watts the leds are still maxed out at about 50% of their potential for the sake of led life and efficiency right?
I want to build a similar light but I want it to be able to draw at least 800-1200 watts. I'm thinking about either doing the modular (one of your panels at a time) or going full blown and shoot for the 800-1000 watter version of your light. What do you think?
It's more for efficiency and they are still being under powered when I have them turned up to 413watts. I use 700ma Meanwell drivers. Plus when you dim them it beats the heat. I'm not running any AC just an open window lol. Go with modular like I did.