What's new

REALSTYLES DIY CXB3590 TUTORIAL

REALSTYLES

I grow monsters

picture.php

RealStyle, you are the one !

What is the temp inside ? Keep it cool ?
I say that because the drivers themselves heat the room, but the light is cool.
Did you harvest and test some buds grown like that ?

The most advanced batch i've got under led's is gonna be ready in 3 weeks slt. 300 w in 1 sq meter. It smells marvellous.

The next batch will have 480 w in 1 sq meter.

Keept it bright !

C

CannaBuilding

REALSTYLES mate what a COB pro you are, great looking plants, do you a thread for this grow? or are you posting pics here, if so keep us updated, cant believe the monsters you have mate, even the lower buds are looking good.

Im in the process of building 2 panels with 3 - 4 cobs each, using vero29 running them at half power, and getting rid of my crappy Red 3w panels lol.

Keep up the good work mate, you have a great tutorial, thankyou for all the hard work, its been much appreciated, because of this thread, Im a COB convert, Seriously fuxs those premade 3w and 5w panels, nothing beats COB.

Happy growing mate, Peace

REALSTYLES mate what a COB pro you are, great looking plants, do you a thread for this grow? or are you posting pics here, if so keep us updated, cant believe the monsters you have mate, even the lower buds are looking good.

Im in the process of building 2 panels with 3 - 4 cobs each, using vero29 running them at half power, and getting rid of my crappy Red 3w panels lol.

Keep up the good work mate, you have a great tutorial, thankyou for all the hard work, its been much appreciated, because of this thread, Im a COB convert, Seriously fuxs those premade 3w and 5w panels, nothing beats COB.

Happy growing mate, Peace

You can keep your red 3w led panel, just ditch the led's board and keep everything but the led's. Attach the heat sink on the chassis and according to the voltage and amperage, put some cob's on the heat sink. I did that because the red 3w led's are very crappy, nothing grows under them. The most difficult is to attach the heat sinks on the chassis...

Here are 6 Satori at 32 days from seed. Not sexed yet.

The led's are NICHIA 066, the panels are old chinese 450w which is actually 100 w of led power.

The plants love them !

Attachments

• IMG10089.jpg
    IMG10089.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG10090.jpg
    IMG10090.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG10091.jpg
    IMG10091.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG10092.jpg
    IMG10092.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 40
C

CannaBuilding

John LOQUE thanks for posting the pics up mate, much appreciated, i might do it with 1 panel and see the rest.

What are those chips you have on that panel? cree 1512? and are you driving them from the panels drivers?

Peace.

Last edited:
John LOQUE thanks for posting the pics up mate, much appreciated, i might do it with 1 panel and see the rest.

What are those chips you have on that panel? cree 1512? and are you driving them from the panels drivers?

Peace.

I use NICHIA brand. They make smaller cob's than CREE but they are very good and efficient.

And yes, i drive them with the drivers of the lighting. They are quite good, they give 300 mA...
You certainly can remove the heat sink from the old led's, and after just improvise...

C

CannaBuilding

I use NICHIA brand. They make smaller cob's than CREE but they are very good and efficient.

And yes, i drive them with the drivers of the lighting. They are quite good, they give 300 mA...
You certainly can remove the heat sink from the old led's, and after just improvise...

thanks for the reply mate, and forgot to mention lovely plants you have there, looking like they love the new light :)

Where did you purchase these LEDS from?

Cheers.

Peace, happy growing.

thanks for the reply mate, and forgot to mention lovely plants you have there, looking like they love the new light :)

Where did you purchase these LEDS from?

Cheers.

Peace, happy growing.

I bought them at lumitronix.fr or leds.de (it's the same). They ship from germany. Just open your lighting, cut the cable fasteners and look at the drivers. It should be written the voltage and current. I can guide you from there if you want.

C

CannaBuilding

I bought them at lumitronix.fr or leds.de (it's the same). They ship from germany. Just open your lighting, cut the cable fasteners and look at the drivers. It should be written the voltage and current. I can guide you from there if you want.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

They are variable voltage Drivers between 90v and 170v with a constant current of 600ma, I will be hooking up 4 cree 1512 in series, and driving them at 600ma each which is full power at 36v, there are 2 drivers so i can run 8 in the 1 panel.

I will post up the pics here when im done if REALSTYLES does not mind.

Peace.

REALSTYLES

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

They are variable voltage Drivers between 90v and 170v with a constant current of 600ma, I will be hooking up 4 cree 1512 in series, and driving them at 600ma each which is full power at 36v, there are 2 drivers so i can run 8 in the 1 panel.

I will post up the pics here when im done if REALSTYLES does not mind.

Peace.
I don't mind, but it is not suggested by Cree to run parallel but it can be done and why not the3070? You can get them cheap from kingbrite and they will work much better and you won't need as many just that's what I would do

C

CannaBuilding

I don't mind, but it is not suggested by Cree to run parallel but it can be done and why not the3070? You can get them cheap from kingbrite and they will work much better and you won't need as many just that's what I would do

Hi mate,

Thanks for this, will do.

Will be running them in series, After many hours of reading, Parallel is a bad idea due to different chips needing different voltages at the same Current, which is what i gathered from others, and will cause a shorter life to the chips, even if you have the same chip/model its still not a good idea, as there might be a slight voltage difference to run the same chip.

Reason why the 1512 is cause scored 10 for a very good bargain, but will be going with vero 29's which i already have received in the mail, just waiting on the drivers.

Peace, Happy growing.

C

CannaBuilding

Hi REALSTYLES,

Im looking at ordering some cxb3070's or vero 29's from Jerry at kingbrite, when you say, Tell them i sent you, should i say, REALSTYLES sent me? do they know you by that name?

cheers. Peace.

REALSTYLES

Hi REALSTYLES,

Im looking at ordering some cxb3070's or vero 29's from Jerry at kingbrite, when you say, Tell them i sent you, should i say, REALSTYLES sent me? do they know you by that name?

cheers. Peace.
If you look at Kingbrite's home page you'll see my lights. I'm trying to get all of us the best price. I got lucky with them and have been winning ever sense. I go 3590's fuck those little lights lol. The CXB3590's are the best running them soft for the best efficiency.

C

CannaBuilding

If you look at Kingbrite's home page you'll see my lights. I'm trying to get all of us the best price. I got lucky with them and have been winning ever sense. I go 3590's fuck those little lights lol. The CXB3590's are the best running them soft for the best efficiency.

Was thinking to go with the 3590's, might get 4.

Noticed your lights on the page and even some pics of your grow lol.

Will let them know REALSTYLES sent me, hopefully can get a good price.

Built a vero 29 panel, with 2 running at 1.55a 38v, cant believe how bright they are, and cant imagine how bright the 3590's will be.

Here is the unit running.

Peace, happy growing.

Latest posts

Latest posts