What's new

Real California Cheese

mr cheese

redwood-roots said:
They maybe stretched a little more than double. Triggered at 12inches they should finish around 30-32. I flowered out 4 girls...topped 2 and left 2 oh natural. The crazy part is I got lucky because the 2 cheesiest (<<my word) phenos were the ones topped and they loved it. Each pushed out 4 nice leads, with the "cheese" pheno stinking more and forming nugs with great density. Another pheno was Dannyboy dom and grew a masive main cola for a girl in 2 gallons. The last was just a confused girl that didn't accurately represent either parent...kinda like a gumbo of reccesive genes. check that link I pm'd ya...there you'll see pics of the danny dom in my last post:)

i will in another, what is it now? about 8 more posts needed for the magic number! 50! LOL......
so what does the danny boy smell/taste like?

mr cheese

OCC said:
Good thread, I like.

I have a cut, which I was just told was "Cheese" about 2-3 years ago. I am still not certain what it is, but it is very very smelly, smells like cheese, but also has a Sambuca taste when you toke an unlit spliff. Is this cheese? How do you tell if it's the Original cut? She is very hard, vigerous, DARK GREEN and has the double serrated leaf n all. Smells strong in veg.

I think the community needs to pull together and make a dedicated Cheese FACTFILE which comprises of all known crosses, BBC Phenos and original with pictures in different mediums and lighting because wayyyyyyy to many cuts are being passed around and people calling it the original cheese. She grows very different in different mediums and light so pictures do not always tell the full story. Something like this double serated leave trait is one of the things which helps to identify if she is the original, but I don't believe that this trait cannot be passed on when she is crossed. Can anyone shed any light on if this trait is seen in any of the BBC?

Peace

when u say "she smells like cheese" do u mean it smells like actual cheese? or are u referring to smelling like cheese youv seen elsewhere?
best way we can answer your Q is to post a pic of ur plant in veg and full bloom, then we can easily tell you if shes cheese or not.

with regards to bbc cheese have the double serated leaves then anwers is yea she does, she carries that much cheese in here genes not to.
in my cross of cheese she has the serated leaves aswell, if think any cross thats "cheese dom" will have them, just one of her traites.....mrc

p.s these are known crosses of cheese that iv come across...

1..bbc afgan x cheese
2..bbc blueberry x cheese
3..bubblegum x cheese
4..neviles haze x cheese
5..trainwreck x cheese
6..the hog x cheese
7..haze x cheese
8..jtr x cheese
9..thai x cheese
10..danny boy x cheese
11..g13 x cheese

so as you can see shes being used and abused!!! lol and im sure theirs lots more iv not came across out their....come on lads what ya got hiding in the corner of ur grow ops!!!

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi mr cheese

im curious how the thai cheese come out

i recently pollenated the cheese(original clone)with a thai male,and have a few seeds
but no room at the mo

D

Darkstarlive

I am currently testing CheeseBoy (UK Cheese x DannyBoy) and so far she has good vigor and the tell tale double seration on the fan leaves. I'm hoping for good thing from this cross.

Peace...

D

Darkstarlive

Hey P, good to see you here.
That cross of Cheese x SpaceDude sounds wicked, a match made in the Diabolical laboratory of the Dank Dairy.Unfortunately, anytime you mention Sub the haters come out of the woodwork. Thanks for the opportunity to try Cheeseboy, she's looking real nice and both ladies I have going in flower have the double serated leaves.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some Cheese crosses:

Big Buddha's Cheese (Cheese x Afghan) by Big Buddha

BBC in-line (Big Buddha's Cheese x Big Buddha's Cheese) by hs

Kachina (Cheese x Trainwreck) by hhf

Spicy Cheese (Spice x Big Buddha's Cheese) by hs:

mysteryHaze(bagseed) x BigBuddhaCheese by hs

JDOG6000

Veteran
Very impressive Mr Cheese.
The Cheese clone has such a crazy silver color to it in all the pic's.
I love that. I've only seen a few strains like that. The SSSDiesel haze clone we have is one of em.

G

guest3854

That's tha way to do 'em , in them raised beds . Show 'em how it's done IGT .
Real interested in updates friend .

Steele

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
Luton Landrace

Luton Landrace

The Exodus Cut
SK#1 acclimatised to a growroom in the Home Counties by a free party collective sometime in the late 80s-you can't buy it in babylon-even off a dodgy entrapreneur with a fast car, we give it to each other for nothing because it's a cool thing to do.

but seriously-it is cheesy as fuck. Like minging cheesy feet-like strong organic Parmisan. If it was called 'Cheese' just because it had another strong smell why not call it THAT smell-or dog shit-or napalm. But that cheesyness only develops after it has dried thoroughly and it's been left for a week or two. As it grows it has a sour smell along with a faint friuty/citrus whiff.

Crossing it with an old skool haze sounds like a great idea...........

There are some fantastic looking plants in this thread BTW-i like the look of the sat dom versions
cheers
eddie

OCC

eddie i'm taking that luton landrace pic as the original cut, as it came from luton right? If so she looks identical to mine I will get a pic up soon!

thanks for the info mr cheese. I love my cheese plant a hell of a lot I hope shes the original cut from the deepest of my heart, I don't want her to be BBC for the pure fact that I don't agree with what hes done! I'm sure hes produced some good seeds but hes a very rich man now from something that was supposed to be given and shared for free. He's also added quite a lot of confusion to the mix as theres a lot of pictures claiming to be the original when it clearly isn't or is very similar or Maybe it's just the way its been grown :rasta: Thats why I feel the community should develop a good thread that has every pic and info on anything cheese so the info can be preserved. This might be going a bit far you say for "just another strain" but I deeply believe she is very special, she wouldn't be all around the UK if she wasn't!

peace out.

Last edited:

Pistils_at_dawn

HEy Darkstarlive

HEy Darkstarlive

HEy Darkstarlive

HI there.. so , you have cheeseboy in bloom eh! do you haev acamera, id love to see them, i spent last night toking on the icecream pheno or as red describes it candy on a stick, its a really nice smoke, really looking forward to seeing how your turn out.

Well peeps, i placed a few strains in bloom yesterday in 2 1m2 chambers with 600w lamp in each.

i have a cheeseboy F2, my cheesiest looking , smelling pheno, for F2 seeds these are very uniform, i will be pollinating this cheeseboy with my stinky cheeseboy F2 male, then i will be starting over 100 F3 seeds in search of the best kickass cheesey male for the Bx back to cheese mom, fingers crossed.

cheeseboy F1 scrog

cheeseboy + La conf x Dannyboy

cheeseboy F2

2 other plants i am very interested in, also in flower day 2, Cheese x Haze and G13 x haze, i also have a big buddha cheeseplant, im adssuming its big buddha's as it came from someone we both know and i know its not original cheese as its much more turgid in the leaf depeartment and doesnt carry teh double serration or teh suckly sweet smell from stem rubbing, but ill see how it turns out..

These are in with a few strains.. namely#

bubba kush, krowberry, Void, Deep Purple, Blue Skunk.

More pics as things develop...

regards

Pistils

mr cheese

ojd said:
hi mr cheese

im curious how the thai cheese come out

i recently pollenated the cheese(original clone)with a thai male,and have a few seeds
but no room at the mo

the thai was very very spicy sweet tatsing bud, realy gets yout tonge tingling, however she carried hardly any cheese traits, maybe the slightist hint of her but the majority was the thai spice."
same with apperance, more airy fluffy, dark coloured sat "dom buds.
cheese realy is a funny bitch to cross with, she doesnt get along with every stud she takes to bed! lol its like she only gives up here genes to the ones she likes!

mr cheese

JDOG6000 said:
Very impressive Mr Cheese.
The Cheese clone has such a crazy silver color to it in all the pic's.
I love that. I've only seen a few strains like that. The SSSDiesel haze clone we have is one of em.

nice one for the props mate....yer the cross iv got with b,gum has a mad colouring to her, in some of my pics u can see it...

safe pistils mate.....lovin that cheeboy x la x d,boy! some big fat nugs on her, what she smelling like? u had any bud from her yet?
cant wait to see what my la con x haze turns out like, the bit bud i tired was so pukka.
tell ya mate dunno whier you get all the time to do it all! ur one busy mofo thats for sure! lol

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
eddie i'm taking that luton landrace pic as the original cut,
yeah OCC -good luck with yours

my bro gave me some Cheese today with a little bit of the BBC cross to compare,they have been compressed but have a look-btw he's an excellent grower
Cheese

close up Cheese

BBCross

close uo

when they came out of the bag the overwhelming smell was the metallic/earthy/perfume of the Afghan in the BBcross-which is nice-it reminds me of other skunk kush crosses.
The Cheese is acrid sweet and cheesy-it reminds me a bit of baby sick. :redface: again the guys who have seen it for the first time todayhave all gone 'wow it really smells of cheese!' etc-

see how the pistils on the cheese are fat and pale whereas the ones on the cross are fine and wispy

OCC

nice pics m8. quite hard to tell the bud shapes when its a bit compressed tho. so the real thing smells like actual cheese? is this after a good cure? are the buds in the pics cured?

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
so the real thing smells like actual cheese? is this after a good cure? are the buds in the pics cured?

yeah man-strongly and unmistakably of cheese-
but this smell only really builds after it has thoroughly dried and sat in a bag for a few days-then it gets stronger and stronger with time-
again yeah-those buds in pic are well cured-

cheers
eddie

Latest posts

Latest posts