What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Real California Cheese

G

impressive as usual Nspecta.. great lookin cheeze :yes:

i'd never have guessed the humidity would be that low up there...

smily

after reading this i have no idea which i have but i do love it dearly.....the unique fruity yummy taste i rank up with yumbolt but dosent have the taste to the bitter end power of the yum :wave:

A.N.Other

sawaat dii icmag.

Nspecta said:
Thanks y'all fer postin' up... :wave:

As fer tha title o' tha thread...Real California Cheese...three-fold reasonin' behind that...

1) Sam Skunkman created Skunk #1 in California many moons ago...off tha top of my head...from Acapulco Gold (Sativa), Columbian Gold (Sativa), & Afghani (Indica)...<<< please correct me if any of this is wrong.

Cheese is a selection from '88/'89 Skunk #1 beans...grown & preserved in tha UK since 1989.

ola Nspecta, all good stuff, and some lovely pictures. :yes:

sam did stellar work. i've always wanted to see him comment on cheese. but i guess i understand why it doesn't interest him, i suppose, seen it, done it, got the shirt. not to mention thousands like it! jehe.

Nspecta said:
What I think ya might be seein' is phenotypic variation based on high light levels, as A.N.Other pointed out...&...really low humidity levels...low humidity seems ta make for very thin leaved plants...both inside & outside humidity levels around my area are extremely low...10% is tha average daytime humidity.

without any shadow of a doubt. in my experience cannabis is a very adaptable plant...

i guess i'll post these up again to show how pointless it is comparing vegging cuts.

cheese under hid:

bonsai cheese under flo:

these are the same cut, sourced from the same mother, the same environment and moved in to two seperate environments, one under flo as a bonsai mother, one under mh hid to veg.

Nspecta said:
As fer nanners...I stress tha livin' hell out o' my ladies on a regular basis...if it's gonna herm then my rooms will make 'em herm...thus far I've taken Cheese as far as 77 dayz inta flower with not even a single nanner.

she's a tough one for sure, i'd agree, never seen a stray ball anywhere in a cheese garden.

as most have mentioned mites love her but she still grows ok, buds can look like they are getting married and are wearin' lace mind you! damn borg.

elkslayer said:
Finally, it has been shared and shared some more at many a norcal gathering. What peeps do not need to be told is that we must keep sharing. PM boxes are getting full of requests. The philosophy out here is sharing is mostly done in person, and I apologize in advance that we live in such a med-friendly state and are able to do so.

good job, that's the way she has been handed on for many years, first at free parties hosted by exodus and through the years at raves, outdoor parties and all sorts of gatherings of heads and p'nauts. free the herb.

-edit- regarding potency for those mentioning it, given that high is largely subjective, i've never thought of cheese as a particular potency wonder strain, it is in this case the quality of the high rather than the strength of the oomeegawd-i'm-soo-stooned feeling. :wave:

Last edited:
G

sam did stellar work. i've always wanted to see him comment on cheese.

Hola,

I have had some brief conversation in PM's regarding the Cheese clone with Sam way back, lol, pretty funny really, his only comment to me was something along the lines of, what is it exactly? because it looks and smells like a selection of Skunk #1 to me. Which is what it is.

SamS created a amazing strain with the early Skunk 1. It was butchered by the Dutch seed business not SamS. It's combining ability is exceptional and it is as near as we have in the community to a true female. This clone has been tested in thousands of grows, all kind of stresses over the years. We tried to light stress her years ago to reverse her. The original cut will not reverse successfully that way, although she can be reversed with STS.

She is one of the best breeding tools we have in the community. It is a building block for the future. So instead of trying to get ''cheese'' seeds use her as a F1 and open new hybrid lines for the future, make the F2's and inbreed, do the work needed and you will be rewarded for sure, honestly folks this is gateway plant. Please open the doors and push forward.

Back to the future part I - Skunk 89 x Pure Haze 68
2871Cheese_x_Haze_007_Medium_.jpg

Test grow pic from baffled monkey's grow.

Peace, hhf

mr cheese

Nspecta said:
[
mr cheese~ I can truly appreciate posts such as yours...not only for my own notes...but...for others as well...what you have posted mirrors my own observations & research to a T...without a doubt thar one in tha same.

I especially like how you emphasized the smell in veg...reminds me of a time last year when my bro & I were cleaning up undergrowth, prepping for flower, on a run of 40-50 different varieties being grown in tha same room...my bro (who is not even remotely canna savvy) is cleaning up a plant in tha middle of a bed & remarks "this is Cheese"...based solely on tha smell...she definitely reeks in veg fer sure.

Tha source of this cut has also reassured me that what we have over here came directly from tha 'keepers' of tha Cheese...the intermediary source in Canada was only sent this ONE particular cut...contrary to what some of the hearsay would have folks believe. Verified 100% Real, Original, UK Cheese.

As fer sharing her...if I had ta guesstimate...thars prolly several hundred keepers of this Cheese cut in tha U.S. already...trust me, this girl is spreadin' like a Cali wildfire. :canabis:

Y'all~ Let's keep tha pics & info coming folks. Share tha luv. :smoke:

Here's a shot o' tha same indoor Cheese plant I posted on page 1...look more familiar?

10092UKCheese.JPG

Take 'er eazy y'all, IGT

nice one for the props mate! yer that new pic deffo reminds me of a certain bitch!! :rasta: lol
thats the only trouble when growing a crop of cheese is the bloody stink they give off! never have i grown a plant that smells of the flowers even in clone form, i dont know what was differant to those beans all that time ago but im sure glad she survived.
if it wasnt for the sharing of her im in no doubt she would of been lost in one of the many busts here in the uk. iv lost her in one location befor due to unforseen circumstances, if it wasnt for back up rooms i would of lost her.

heres a few shots of my own cross of ukcheese, i crossed a pure bubblegum from adam with cheese then back crossed the best offspring 4 times back to the cheese and boy was i lukcy with this cross.
im sure you aware its so hard to get a good cross with cheese, for some reason the dank smell just doesnt carry across, 6 out of 10 of my cross didnt smell of cheese , i was very lucky to geta real stinker, she smells of the dank cheese but with a more fruity undertones, the same with the taste, that wicked cheese taste just bit more frutiy.
these ae around week 5 12/12 if my memory serves me right

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
excelent point you have there hothouseflowers

i recently pollenated some cheese clones with a thai male

i am expecting good things
i will post pics when i start the seeds

mr cheese

hazyfontazy said:
if its the "G" i know of then i can understand where some people would get confused ,,
the "G" is very similiar in looks and smell to the cheese ,but imo is a far more elite clone than the cheese ,ya man big buddha knows of the "G" and will probably agree ,not many have even heard of it let alone tried it ,,it originated from global chillage in the dam about 12 years ago (maybe more)and has been passed around my local area since ,,the high is devastatingly strong and "G" will put most people out for the count ,,try it if u can and dare ...cheese imo is only as good as "G" not more elite and certainly not better,,given the choice the locals would rather have the "G"
--------------------------------------------------------------------
i still think the pics look like cheese :headbange

yer my mate has got g-bud in his collection.
l i wouldnt say its a more elite clone, their ten a penny around here, i personly know the creator of the g-bud thats in england who is english.
hes a major play over in the uk, big time grower/breeder, his currently working on a few cheese crosses, the main one he wants to get right is cheese x haze.
i cant say i prefer the smoke on g-bud to cheese,to me its just second rate cheese. its very simaler for a reason! hint hint,lol
been around the midlands for few years now, its the bud peeps grow around here when they cant get the real cheese. maybe slightly stronger than cheese but not very noticable differnace.....well if its the same g-bud but iv only ever heard of the one......mrc

Im currently testing the cheese x haze you mention, just gone into flowering so ill put pics up as and when I can. Im also sitting on a pack of the "G" bud x haze as well, ill start them up as soon as I make some room.
Peace
Baffled

elkslayer

Anybody watch the outakes at the end of the Borat DVD??

And what is this?
Cheese

And what is this?
Cheese

And what is this?
Cheese

And what is this, potatoe?
Cheese

Funny shit.

ES

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
707v6buickman said:
so is this a good yeilder????

Average.

As HHF says, it's a Skunk#1 plant, so the possibilities in breeding are endless. Spicy Cheese is one of the finest cultigens we've ever smoked (from BBCheese) :joint:

IMHO this Cheese piece needs backcrossing onto a Colombian (that black one dudes) :wink: then we see wat-um this plant can really do :canabis:

Last edited:
G

Funny shit.

Indeed :)

IMHO this Cheese piece needs backcrossing onto a Colombian (that black one dudes)

Funny you say that bro..I agree with you there. Appears a friend just found a male in the Colombo Goldbud line (f1 cg x cg) that carries some very similar terpenoids to the Cheese clone. He plans to make the cross later this year as well as using some of our BX3 males to make a BX4. Should be very interesting, as we have always felt her to be a Colombian dominant 'pheno'

so is this a good yeilder????

It is never going to be a production type plant. But quality is there. She meets with exactly the description of the early Skunks offered from Holland. We found we could get 0.8 - 1gw from rooted clones flowered early and in SoG. She needs a lot of light..

However she is at her best outdoors. I am in a very similar climate to California and outdoors this plant is much better than indoors imho. For these cats in Cali she will be delivering some very special herbs for sure.

Peace, hhf

elkslayer

HothouseFlowers said:
However she is at her best outdoors. I am in a very similar climate to California and outdoors this plant is much better than indoors imho. For these cats in Cali she will be delivering some very special herbs for sure.

Peace, hhf

As Rezdog would say, this is a factoid.

ES

G

I do not know what the original tastes like (unless that was what Homegrown Fantasy had as their cup entry - took 4th - 2 cups ago), but all the qualifications that mr cheese outlines fit my 3 year old gifted clone perfectly.. The one who bequeathed it to me said that it was from BBC seed.

It is very cheesy, and luscious.... Easily the nicest taste around. There is a kush - bottom to it, yes, but the Cheese taste and smell (even in veg) is predominant...

If what I had for these years is the "Tip of the Cheese-iceberg," which I doubt due to the extreme trichome coverage, and high quality, I sure want to get close to the Original UK Cheese cut... But we are pretty damn happy with what we got, for now.

Last year greenie: 3 Big Cheese, 25 gal Containers... Pretty dang nice...! Ate up all the nutes, yellow at its' end, with shining trich-laden nugs EVERYWHERE... The trim took days..

This year's reports from friends: Outdoor Monstrous unlimited shade trees.
Factoid, my Culo.

I did not really mean to see my cut in a club, just to personal friends, but oh well, someone leaked it.... Whatcha gonna do.?

Anyone that bought 'em was gonna pay, as they were covered in Spideys....

Last edited: