What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Real California Cheese

zeno

EddieShoestring said:
i'm growing the UK Exodus clone only Cheese and lots of friends have been doing the BBCheese from seeds, then trying out some of the diff phenos, so i've been smoking alot of both recently-and the bud is completely different. So much so that when i first gave them the UK cheese to try they were speculating that it wasn't 'Cheese' because it was so unlike the BBC they had been growing.
There are slightly different tastes /smells/ hit from the diff BBC phenos but it can all be described as a heavy Afghan/kush with a light fruity smell on top and a v strong metalic earthy smell. The hit is pure kush. I was prejudiced against it for a while because it wasn't like the Cheese but, in truth, if it is done by a decent grower it can be outstanding.
The UK clone only cut smells strongly of dry dusty Parmisan cheese-nothing else-there are no pheno's-it's a cutting. The stuff circulating about the UK underground scene all seems to be all the same. It is such a strong and unique smell that weed fiends exclaim or tend to get excited the first time that they come across it. I find the hit strong and immobilising-even my eyes stop moving-but can keep thinking coherantly and it doesn't send you to sleep.
The only relation between the two strains that i can see, so far, is that neither are heavy yielders and both attract spidermites-

interesting to hear how some of these other crosses turn out
cheers
eddie
you are totaly right,
i have the real cut also and heared the same story about it
i do not have great pictures but i giva a try
Foto-ST68LLND.jpg

Foto-74BWQG6P.jpg

Foto-BEPAI4RD.jpg

it is a nice smoke,mot the most thc in the bud but a awsome high and taste...
i like cheese :joint:

G

I think partly the reason OG Kush got so "elite" was because it was hard to grow. If Cheese is easy to grow, it might have a bout of popularity, but once everyone starts growing it, it will fade away...

I also don't see why Cheese can't be its own name... why does it have to be considered a Skunk #1 pheno? If the real cheese is a genetic rarity, the maybe it should have its own name. I mean, what about skunk #1? Where did skunk come from? Probably a unique phenotype of some other strain.

G

sam would be bummed to hear that statement. But, I wonder what he (Sam)thinks about the Cheese cutting. Has he ever spoken about it? Hes grown so many damn plants hes sure to have seen this pheno many times...

Last edited:

Tha-GOD

BBC

BBC

My dude went to the Cannabis cup and he said he could barely notice the difference in the UK Clone only and the BBC. Also he said there was a hybrid known as guido that he said was his fav. Which is a hybrid with BBC in it. So I'm sold on that bitch, especially since icy showed me pics of his badass pheno. You did those proud icy hope I can find a pheno that badass. Peace

Nspecta

Veteran
Real California Cheese...Please.

Real California Cheese...Please.

Thanks y'all fer postin' up... :wave:

As fer tha title o' tha thread...Real California Cheese...three-fold reasonin' behind that...

1) Sam Skunkman created Skunk #1 in California many moons ago...off tha top of my head...from Acapulco Gold (Sativa), Columbian Gold (Sativa), & Afghani (Indica)...<<< please correct me if any of this is wrong.

Cheese is a selection from '88/'89 Skunk #1 beans...grown & preserved in tha UK since 1989.

Returned now...like Budular & Elkslayer said...back to her roots in California...growin' in tha great outdoors...where, I presume, she was originally bred.

order 66 said:
I think the title "real california cheese" is a play on these cali cheese industry (the food) ads they run from time to time talking about enjoying "real california cheese"

2) Real California Cheese comes from happy plants...happy plants grow in California.

Definitely a play on tha Cali cheese industry ads fer sure.

3) Cats, like Icysurfer, have obviously already been circulating Cheese 'hybrids' inta tha Cali med scene...more than likely some of these hybrids will be refered to as simply "Cheese"...whether these hybrid cuts are better/worse than tha parent tissue is irrelevant...it will cause confusion down tha line undoubtably.

Real California Cheese is the Original UK Cheese cut...direct from tha UK via Canada.

British_Hempire said:
It doesn't look like Cheese to me though, way more sativa, and the first pic also doesn't look like Cheese, are you sure you have the original Uk cut? It looks very different

B_H~ I've done my homework on cheese...&...I believe this cut to be a legit cut. It matches all tha descriptions from tha UK ol' timers notes & pictures.

What I think ya might be seein' is phenotypic variation based on high light levels, as A.N.Other pointed out...&...really low humidity levels...low humidity seems ta make for very thin leaved plants...both inside & outside humidity levels around my area are extremely low...10% is tha average daytime humidity.

Here's anutha less bushy Cheese girl truckin' along in tha summer heat...this girl is in a smaller 550 gallon bed.

10092Cheese1.JPG

Keep 'er cheesy y'all, IGT :wave:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1: the original name is Exodus Cheese or Cheese.

2: sorry don't understand any of that...

3: it could always be Kachina (pheno-A)... i.e. (Cheese x Trainwreck).

anyhow this thread makes us laugh,, :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Nspecta

Veteran
DocLeaf said:
1: the original name is Exodus Cheese or Cheese.

2: sorry don't understand any of that...

3: it could always be Kachina (pheno-A)... i.e. (Cheese x Trainwreck).

anyhow this thread makes us laugh,, :biglaugh:

Hey DL,

1~ That's true...but...she's in Cali now. :headbange

2~ If ya ain't in Cali...it's understandable that ya don't understand. :bandit:

3~ I highly doubt it's Kachina...looked into that extensively...not ta mention, I've grown TrainWreck since '98...as well as dozens of TW hybrids...not very T-dubbish...tha pics you've posted of Kachina...now those look a lot like T-dub to me...hard ta mistake.

IGT

G

Nspecta said:
3~ I highly doubt it's Kachina...looked into that extensively...not ta mention, I've grown TrainWreck since '98...as well as dozens of TW hybrids...not very T-dubbish...tha pics you've posted of Kachina...now those look a lot like T-dub to me...hard ta mistake.

IGT
hello IGT

if you see nanners at the end of flo it's kachina :smile:

I know for sure, Kachina is in Cali too with Cheese UK clone

stay safe

pa

Nspecta

Veteran
paranoidandroid said:
hello IGT

if you see nanners at the end of flo it's kachina :smile:

stay safe

pa

pa~ Absolutely possible man...I'm well aware of tha folks responsible fer gettin' this particular Cheese cut inta tha states...&...I sure wouldn't call 'em trustworthy or 'honest'...which is why I dug up all tha info/pics/etc. from tha UK catz who have had Cheese for at least 5+ years...tha Cheese a lot of folks round here have definitely matches tha descriptions & pics of the original Cheese.

In doing my research...I read many folks touting thar "Original" Cheese...which clearly didn't look anything like the older catz Cheese pics...personally, I'm gonna tend ta believe tha folks who have been representing tha cut tha longest.

As fer nanners...I stress tha livin' hell out o' my ladies on a regular basis...if it's gonna herm then my rooms will make 'em herm...thus far I've taken Cheese as far as 77 dayz inta flower with not even a single nanner.

It's Real Cheese...grown in Cali.

IGT :)

elkslayer

Uh Oh, here we go again.

I am with IGT 100%. I have too done extensive work with TW both in seed form (F4/F5) as well as the arcata wreck clone. This cut is NOT a TW hybrid. Never seen a nanner nor has any of my friends seen nanners. Anywho, its not horded like most, thus if ya have her outside in Cali, you are going to be one happy hombre at the end of October.

Cheers to all cheeseheads!

BTW- Are there any Spaniards running Cheese outdoors, perhaps they will chime in as well?

ES

G

that looks exactly like the uk cheese ive seen.

:respect: nspecta, those plants are absolutely gorgeous! how much veg time did they get before going out?

mr cheese

EddieShoestring said:
The UK clone only cut smells strongly of dry dusty Parmisan cheese-nothing else-there are no pheno's-it's a cutting. The stuff circulating about the UK underground scene all seems to be all the same. It is such a strong and unique smell that weed fiends exclaim or tend to get excited the first time that they come across it. I find the hit strong and immobilising-even my eyes stop moving-but can keep thinking coherantly and it doesn't send you to sleep.
The only relation between the two strains that i can see, so far, is that neither are heavy yielders and both attract spidermites-

interesting to hear how some of these other crosses turn out
cheers
eddie

oh my god what a load of bull!!!! if anyone says cheese (skunk1) smells or taste like actual cheese obviously aint grow or smoked it befor! it smells nothing like cheese, its was named cheese purley becouse it smells sooo strong not becouse it smells like cheese! it was a friend of exodus crew who was shown the plant that came out with it, as soon as he smelled it he said man that stinks so bad, stronger smell than cheese! he didnt mean it actualy smelled of cheese just that it smelled strong so they keept the name cheese.

iv been lucky enuf to be around cheese for a number of years now, im a personaly friend of big buddha who im currently working with on my own cross of bubblegum x ukcheese, iv got the ukcheese, my own bubblegum x cheese, buddhas afgahni x cheese, neviles haxe x cheese, blueberry x cheese and none of them smell remotley like cheese and anyone with 1st hand experiance will tell you the same.
its realy hard to explaine the smell, its unlike any plant/ bud iv ever grown, no lemon smell, no fule smell, just a unique strain. i suppose the closet smell would be like hospital smell, that pine disefectante smell but a lot nicer smelling.

NSPECTA....I hear what your saying, theirs at least 2 peeps that i know of who have sent the supsoidly cheese cut to the states but to be honest im not sure they even had the ukcheese themselves, like it will be over their soon, theirs so many peeps over here that claim to have cheese when its just a hybrid, like this G bud im hereing about thats being passed around as cheese, then theirs this nebula cut thats going around as cheese just cuz it smells simaler and peeps take it for face value and belive they have cheese!.

this realy gets my goat up as peeps will start slagging of the pure cheese beouse they have an infeirer pheno. the only reason im so passionate about it is cheese realy is a unique plant, lv grown out so many diff strains in the last decade and none and i mean none have come close in terms of smell and taste, potency wise iv had stronger but for pure smoking enjoyment cheese beats them all, so for this reason alone i realy hope you do have the original cut and please please pass it to as many people as you can as it was intended to be! the crew(exodus) would rest easy nowing this.

heres a few pointer to look out for to see if you have the real macoy.

1. she goes a real dark deep green colour

2. she dont like high nutes levels

3. she stinks like the flowers do even in veg, from clone to mature plant. give the stem a rubb and if she gives of a piney dissefectante smell shes the one.

4. she a prity low-meduim yeilder but produces nice fat crystely dense buds

5. very weak stems, the weight from the buds bends her from week 4 12/12 so staking needed. quite brancy plant if veged long, streches around double in 12/12. will finnsih in 8 weeks, 9 for full amber trics. have never had her go any longer.

6. the leaf stems tend to stay a purplish colour, leaf fingers dont get to broad, typical sat/ind mix with very sharp serated edges.

7. she can be a bit of a bitch to grow untill your familer with her.

the main thing to look out for is her distinctive smell, if she dont smell like her buds do while in veg 9 time out 10 it aint the original cheese.
my cuttings that have only just rooted smell like the buds do when you rub the stem...

anyways thats enuf rambling :rant: lol ....like i said i hope you do have the original cheese as it was intended to be shared by as many people as posiible...so please pass it on if its the real deal....all the best...mrc

p.s just looked at the bud pic on 1st page again and im sorry to say it doesnt look like the original cheese bud, but that could just be cuz its an outdorr grow as over here in uk the cheese is done indoors so i cant say for 100% its not cheese. it does look simaler to the veg picture but the buds dont have the same colouring as cheese iv grown/seen but again its only 1 picture, do you have anymore pictures? cheers...mrc

Last edited:

elkslayer

Mr Cheese, the cut is legit, as it has been traced hand to hand. I do agree with you that many folk do indeed have Kachina (cheese x TW), and do think theirs is real. Hopefully, this thread doesn't turn into a pissing match of whose got the real one. The pics speak for themselves. In veg, the real cut is unmistakable in its smell as you have pointed out.

Regarding the pointers, a few differ when grown outside in cloud free, high heat, low humidity, norcal.

2. Cheese absolutely requires good amount of nitrogen, well into flower.
4. She yields extremely well. In fact most told me I was nuts to do her last year, as they all claimed I would only see "popcorn" nugs and very little yield, as per what the folks in BC were telling them. These same folk are all running her this season.
6. I have found the purpling you discuss is typically lost to dark green once acclimated to the outdoors.

Finally, it has been shared and shared some more at many a norcal gathering. What peeps do not need to be told is that we must keep sharing. PM boxes are getting full of requests. The philosophy out here is sharing is mostly done in person, and I apologize in advance that we live in such a med-friendly state and are able to do so.
I am certain it will continue to be spread, though knock-off's do abound and well we all know what happens next.....

Enjoy

ES

SativaBelieva

Damn cheese... smoked it once... 2 years ago... and now you guys make me want it again!

Quality info... thanks NSpecta et al!

mr cheese

elkslayer said:
Mr Cheese, the cut is legit, as it has been traced hand to hand. I do agree with you that many folk do indeed have Kachina (cheese x TW), and do think theirs is real. Hopefully, this thread doesn't turn into a pissing match of whose got the real one. The pics speak for themselves. In veg, the real cut is unmistakable in its smell as you have pointed out.

Regarding the pointers, a few differ when grown outside in cloud free, high heat, low humidity, norcal.

2. Cheese absolutely requires good amount of nitrogen, well into flower.
4. She yields extremely well. In fact most told me I was nuts to do her last year, as they all claimed I would only see "popcorn" nugs and very little yield, as per what the folks in BC were telling them. These same folk are all running her this season.
6. I have found the purpling you discuss is typically lost to dark green once acclimated to the outdoors.

Finally, it has been shared and shared some more at many a norcal gathering. What peeps do not need to be told is that we must keep sharing. PM boxes are getting full of requests. The philosophy out here is sharing is mostly done in person, and I apologize in advance that we live in such a med-friendly state and are able to do so.
I am certain it will continue to be spread, though knock-off's do abound and well we all know what happens next.....

Enjoy

ES

hi mate.....forgive me for being so blunt b4, like i said i cant be 100% sure from 1 pic and like i and yourself said she does look very simaler in the veg pic, i realy do hope she is the real deal, its just their so many hybdrids these days that people swear blind its the ukcheese wen it clearly isnt. which to be fare isnt their fault as they were themselves told it was ukcheese.

if she does stink in veg like the flowers do then she proberly is the original cheese, as regards to the purpleish stems i didnt mean they are always like this more that in most cases they are, if she 100% happy and reciving all that she need they do indeed return to green colour but being such a bitch most times she not 100% happy thus purple/red stems, like i said befor once youv got used to her shes a good strain.

yer iv always been happy with the yileds myself but compaired to some high yeilding strains like ak, hog, ect ect she is a low-medium yeilder which is why i stated you get nice crystly dense buds from her.
most if not all peeps in the uk that have grown cheese will tell you theirs a few diff cheese, the original is low yeilding with super strong odur while the other is more donky dicks but less of that dank smell.

one thing tho, i didnt say you HAD/ MUST keep sharing her i only asked if you could PLEASE pass her on as the creators(exodus) did, in no way did i say you MUST pass her on. its up to the individuale if he/she wants to hoard.
glad to hear she is being shared tho, can only be commended, any more pics of her?.....all the best....mrc

G

"G" more elite clone only too

"G" more elite clone only too

mr cheese said:
like this G bud I'm hearing about that's being passed around as cheese,

if its the "G" i know of then i can understand where some people would get confused ,,
the "G" is very similiar in looks and smell to the cheese ,but imo is a far more elite clone than the cheese ,ya man big buddha knows of the "G" and will probably agree ,not many have even heard of it let alone tried it ,,it originated from global chillage in the dam about 12 years ago (maybe more)and has been passed around my local area since ,,the high is devastatingly strong and "G" will put most people out for the count ,,try it if u can and dare ...cheese imo is only as good as "G" not more elite and certainly not better,,given the choice the locals would rather have the "G"
--------------------------------------------------------------------
i still think the pics look like cheese :headbange

elkslayer

No worries Mr Cheese.

In hindsight, I guess the "must" could have been worded differently.

A final thought, I let some cheese bottom go until 12/7, and a friend, whom smokes an awful lot, told us it was the eye buldging-knock down sort a high. At first we were surprised and had to inspcet what he had smoked. Low and behold it was cheese.

ES

Dunkirk

Nice shots Nspecta! Any reason why you don't mulch your beds? Might lower the amount the you have to water with your low humidity and help prevent soil compaction when it does rain. Enjoy the cheese!

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
originally posted by Mr Cheese
iv been lucky enuf to be around cheese for a number of years now, im a personaly friend of big buddha who im currently working with on my own cross of bubblegum x ukcheese, iv got the ukcheese, my own bubblegum x cheese, buddhas afgahni x cheese, neviles haxe x cheese, blueberry x cheese

Arjan-is that you?

Nspecta

Veteran
paranoidandroid said:

pa~ I'm sorry man...I completely spaced on that fact...yer sig jogged my memory...I know exactly who sent Kachina here & who received it...which reminds me...I've fergotten ta check if tha recipient still was needing tha legit cut. Thanks fer tha reminder. :wave:

H&L~ Tha cuts didn't recieve optimum treatment for many months...for awhile they were under floro's...then they moved under 10wpsf of 1K HPS fer a couple months...they were put outside May 1st, with supplemental floro lighting...and...unfortunately, tha prep work didn't go as quick as I'd hoped...thus 3 out of 4 Cheesers I put out were extremely root bound when finally planted on June 9th...which I believe caused 3 of them to auto flower a bit (my fault)...the plant in tha first pic actually has/had pinky sized nugz in tha pic...which no doubt will prolly drop what it could have yielded by at least 50-75%...the plant in tha second outdoor pic was merely a stick of a plant when planted...it wasn't root bound & it didn't autoflower...that girl when put in tha bed was prolly a quarter tha size of tha other cheesers but will prolly end up yielding double what tha big bushes do...it's all in tha timing & I knew when I planted that I had missed tha window on tha big girls...better luck next year I hope.

mr cheese~ I can truly appreciate posts such as yours...not only for my own notes...but...for others as well...what you have posted mirrors my own observations & research to a T...without a doubt thar one in tha same.

I especially like how you emphasized the smell in veg...reminds me of a time last year when my bro & I were cleaning up undergrowth, prepping for flower, on a run of 40-50 different varieties being grown in tha same room...my bro (who is not even remotely canna savvy) is cleaning up a plant in tha middle of a bed & remarks "this is Cheese"...based solely on tha smell...she definitely reeks in veg fer sure.

Tha source of this cut has also reassured me that what we have over here came directly from tha 'keepers' of tha Cheese...the intermediary source in Canada was only sent this ONE particular cut...contrary to what some of the hearsay would have folks believe. Verified 100% Real, Original, UK Cheese.

As fer sharing her...if I had ta guesstimate...thars prolly several hundred keepers of this Cheese cut in tha U.S. already...trust me, this girl is spreadin' like a Cali wildfire. :canabis:

Elkslayer is shootin' ya straight...&...yep, ES...you're definitely 'they'. :respect:

Dunkirk~ I've been meanin' ta mulch...finding tha time is tha reason I haven't...although my soil/less does hold a lot of water without any mulch...and...the sponge rock guards against compaction...I think I'm more in need of humidity in tha air during tha day vs. in tha soilless...which is anutha thang I prolly won't get to until next year...if thar is a next year.

Y'all~ Let's keep tha pics & info coming folks. Share tha luv. :smoke:

Here's a shot o' tha same indoor Cheese plant I posted on page 1...look more familiar?

10092UKCheese.JPG

Take 'er eazy y'all, IGT

Latest posts

Latest posts