What's new

Ranching With Rootwise

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Hey folks- thanks for all the kindness, sure makes me smile....at least I get to share my work someplace and I hope you are diggin it...

Kelly- I'm at around 6000' and that trellis is about 9' off the floor....

All my best-

RW

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Not yet TG, not yet......:D

Actually, still going through a bunch more phenos of the StrawDawg indoors as well. That cross is a BIG winner in my book....she stacks up real nice in a high density SOG and grows Monsters. What more could a guy want!?

Your garden is looking great too bro-

RW

NorCal530

all i can say is...wow! I hope to be able to grow some monsters like you some day man. I cant wait to watch them flower with big fat nugs :D. I have always been curious how cannabis grows at high elevations and it looks like it loves it to me :D

:bow:Bye bye walk ways eh? Looking alright, I mean they seem like they should be bigger by now, what gives?? Kidding bro, that shit looks RETARDED! LOL, thought I'd pop in and take a look, think I might need to go wipe now. peace dubba

Jack784

It is a pleasure to see such healthy plants. I was wondering if you might be able to tell me how you assembled your greenhouse. Did you dig out the ground post holes and then back fill or did you do something else? My soil is very rocky and I am unsure if I will be ale to pound in a 4ft ground post.

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Hey Jack-

I used a post hole digger and did them all by hand to about 2.5'. Then pounded in the ground posts to grade and filled the holes with quickcrete.....that was a fun couple days....

We're lucky to have zero rocks in that location...

Best of luck-
:tiphat:

I am still interested in where you purchased your greenhouse from if you got it online? how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking... I am looking into one for next year.

localhero

absolute beautiful grow. that greenhouse might turn into a treehouse. pretty amazing man. loving all the great organic outdoor grows goin on. Rootwise, nothing is better to enlighten the world about organic gardening, then to show the power of organic gardening, and youre killin it.

ahh post holes, brings me back. i rented the hole digger from home depot, but all it did was sit and spin in the compacted clay soil in my yard. so it was all about filling the hole with hose water. waiting a couple hours or so for the water to sink in. then hitting it with the straight pick and shovelling it out, repeat for 3 days. rocks and roots, compacted clay - the arch enemy of the post hole digger.

MGC

Ok, love it when computer problems are solved faster than expected and easily! Hope everybody is doing well, sure are a ton of gorgeous ladies on ICMAG this year. Really great to follow along and cheer each other on! My blue ribbon thus far has to go to Humboldtlocal though!! KILLING IT!!!

Few flowers first!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oh-- these little girls are done being shy and wanted me to introduce them to you all! 3 Chem D, 1 Blueberry, 1 Skunk, all having a little party in the little G-House!

picture.php

picture.php

On with the show!

A quick synposis of what the garden is getting right now-- bi-weekly foliar rotation of Brix Mix and Calcium 25, compost tea, and a "transition mix" of a dry ingredient top dressing. Here's a pic of ingredients:

picture.php

And the results:

Witches Weed

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Strawberry Dawg--oh boy!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here's the old school Skunk 1:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hi !

I agree with everyone, this is abolutely georgeous. Some real trees :)
That greenhouse is really efficient. The ladies seem to be in heaven.
Thank you for that so well documented journal, the perfect way to carry out an OD growing successfully.

++

haxi

The Witches Weed and the strawberry dawg are AMASING!
Great work Rootwise :dance013:
Keep up the updates!

Peace :rasta:

P

Paco

RW-
Not that it needs it, but you ought to treat that squash or pumpkin you've got. there has been some devastating PM and root borers this year.

feenom

i didn't think this level of success could be achieved at 6,000ft, but I have been proved wrong. Very Awesome! I am a purveryor of the outdoor organic garden and it is great to see another one thriving. we have achieved similar succes this year with some raised beds full of compost/perlite/peat/coco from last year nicely ammended with earth worm castings, blood, bone, & soft rock phos...with weekly compost tea feeds and top dress guano feedings everything is looking lovely this time of the year!!

Rootwise, may I ask where you got that light set-up? Did you buy the strands with the fixtures hanging at pre-determined intervals or did you splice into the line when you wanted...brand / store purchased at would be greart.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey folks- thanks for all the kindness, sure makes me smile....at least I get to share my work someplace and I hope you are diggin it...

Kelly- I'm at around 6000' and that trellis is about 9' off the floor....

All my best-

RW
Root your thread is providing me with a smile each morning..many thanks for sharing. I had no clue you were so high..thought I was one of the higher here at 4500..it's a wonder the suns rays aren't smokin your leaf tips a little lol..DD