What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

PlasmaTube

View attachment 18840716
hi plasma ,,i logged in see you sent me a message but cant find it now feel free to send again not ignoring you lol , this is the one i kept from todds very oldschool terps nice effect <not a 5% er or even what im looking for in a keeper in the sense for potency alone >but i like her overall and have been breeding off her will continue on from there , i posted above seedlings out of her and mm male,,seeing if i can find a 5% out some of those lol ,,out of the todds haze ,,,,3 were selected ,,3 5 7 ,,,,,5 was like rootbeer terps beautiful and 7 was the metalshop type similar to thh and prob most potent of 3 , unfortunately they both hermied on me after a bunch of runs so sadly culled them ,,above pheno 3
The kind of info and details im looking for. Thanks a lot man. Sad to hear about the herm, but glad there are pheno expressions to go off of. Seems like a band/spectrum of effects, potency, and expressions. Happy to see what I'll have. Running THH as well, so I hope to have a similar report to yours when it comes to seeing whats in the beans. Peace homie and keep the pics and info coming.

elanius

Veteran
Damn, @elanius can grow good looking Haze. Wanna sample all the different grows and flowers. Amazing work through the years indeed
thanks man, its interesting seeing these old posts. Good times...rare times discussing haze in peace :LOL:...and I still have the best two plants from that run, still trying to find better haze than the one I liked initially but so far she still outshines the new ones. About year ago, I made hash from the best two and its a blast, makes the whole room smell like church while you are tripping out miserably lol, its bit too much sometimes.
DSC_0024.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG

Last edited:

PlasmaTube

thanks man, its interesting seeing these old posts. Good times...rare times discussing haze in peace :LOL:...and I still have the best two plants from that run, still trying to find better haze than the one I liked initially but so far she still outshines the new ones. About year ago, I made hash from the best two and its a blast, makes the whole room smell like church while you are tripping out miserably lol, its bit too much sometimes.
View attachment 18840899 View attachment 18840897 View attachment 18840898
its never too much, homie...jeezuz those look good. Can you go more into details as far as effects/experience of the hash? Trippy must be an understatement.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
@elanius really good herb bro,lot better tha my last pearl pheno and the clearest ohaze I ve had. View attachment 18842930 View attachment 18842931
View attachment 18842932

@MadMac Ohaze S1 "2" Goddamn this is gonna be some good shit man...Lot more yielding than it seemed haha... almost 16 weeks 11/13
View attachment 18842933 View attachment 18842934

View attachment 18842935
View attachment 18842936 View attachment 18842938 View attachment 18842937
WOW
yes she looks killer.... booth look killer!
so happy to see ... again gives me satisfaction ... reversing the best and let them pollinate the best...
and yep the high is @ the end what counts for us... why i'll do that... why i'll love the haze
bud's on the second pheno looking like my fav... that's how it should look @ the end... perfect...
maybe more foxtail... but did not find in Golli's line...
absolute perfect grow in the small shoes for those long period ... !!!
perfect dialed in and we see the reward is just amazing... so will be the high
those pic's made my day/ week... ❤️
many thx for posting!
M.:smoker:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
@Sam_Skunkman
isn't it cool to see your sacred Original Haze genetics still shine after all the years...
is there any other original from the 70 that survived and get loved like the haze ?
not many good musicians made it over 30 ;-)
in 3 years ...50 years later and still the queen ...
when celebrating the 50 years of Original Haze from the haze brothers in 3 years ...
i'm sure i've finished the ground work than and a line that produces only killers... ;-)
many many thx again... without your help... i'll still would search @ the wrong place...
first... the male ... took some time... but found one... than your advice to cross to a landrace with related terpene profile... done... but than crossing back to the haze again ... that is the key to get old glory back and fresh up the haze...

Double Zamal/OHz x OHz
_4092420.jpeg

_1012500.jpeg

New Caledonia/OHz x OHz
_4092422.jpeg

_4092424.jpeg

(A5/Thai)/Ohz x OHz
_5152566.jpeg

_5152568.jpeg

just a few examples... and all lower bud's ... 3 month cure ... Zamal landrace is my personal fav @ moment... it's al resin... haha ...
we need to meet again... got some new questions... and will pop your other OHz seed soon... !
Skunk triploid is also great... had purple and a green... got pollinated by the haze :) not testet yet...
but to be honest & by all respect... the O.Haze is the best ... the queen ... the real deal ...
...and everyone should have a chance to grow it ...
Tom Hill is also busy with a refresh of his haze line...
really happy to see that there is a new movement ...
guess you too ;-)
many thx for support & trust on my mission...
do my best to accomplish the task
M.:smoker:

funkyhorse

Home made experiments all done with the same Zamal girl, a Mango Pepper
I am growing 6 girls of each cross and they all look the same
All girls are from seed and have been sprouted same day
All crosses are consistently semiauto, it seems Zamal tames haze and makes it auto at least in my environment which is very good news for because it allows for counterseasonal grow
This is Mango Karut BX= Mango Pepper (Mango karut leaning pheno) x Mango Karut in front
In the back is a home made Northern Thailand 2008 P2 sprouted after Mango Karut BX for comparison
Mango karut bx (1).jpeg
Mango karut bx (2).jpeg

This is Auto Haze V.1= Same Mango Pepper girl x Smoh BX
It is amazingly a lot more productive than both parents and it is faster than both parents it seems as well
I also hope it will hit stronger than both parents
Auto haze 1 (4).jpeg
Auto haze 1 (5).jpeg

This is Auto Haze V.2= Same Mango Pepper girl as above crosses x Oldtimer Green Haze
I am assuming everything commented and published about ohz crossing to landraces will apply to Oldtimer Haze as well since they are californian cousins and it seems to work
It is a lot longer flowering than the cross x Smoh BX though
Auto haze 2 (3).jpeg
Auto haze 2 (4).jpeg
Auto haze 2 (5).jpeg

Have a nice day everybody

elanius

Veteran
its never too much, homie...jeezuz those look good. Can you go more into details as far as effects/experience of the hash? Trippy must be an understatement.
Thanks man, but let me tell you a little story here xD We had nice chill evening with my lady the other day and decided to have a "bit more" this time. I took a chunk from that hash for each of us. After I was done with mine, I started to realize that we are both fucked. As I was trying to load the other bowl, I felt like this activity might be too complicated for my cognitive abilities, but in the end was able to conquer the bowl. Seeing me, my better half was having second thoughts about this adventure, but there was no way we could stop that train...I thought xD
Well, after a while we could barely speak, I felt the THC overload hitting hard and my lady, all pale, asked for the emergency chocolate, which according to her, was the best thing she ever tasted. Everything around us felt unnatural, fascinating and new, music was hard to listen to for being somewhat too loud in my head. Closing eyes induced some crazy images and patterns and eventually resulting in movie like train of thoughts. It felt like you are literally watching movie in your head and its 100% real, you could get totally lost in it. There were some anxious moments but mostly great fun, especially the 2nd part. Anyways the whole evening was a trip, certainly not two productive beings of our society in action. Smoking smaller amounts is great functionable effect, but once you are trying to reach the ceiling, well thats where the true adventure starts.

Btw, I found the taste of the hash very surprising, it tasted exactly like wrigley spearments gum (triggered old memory). The flowers had completely different smell and very complex, but there was only one thing you could taste in that hash.
DSC_0047.JPG

Definitely made me thinking of regular weed with regular stems and regular seeds for a while :LOL:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts