Veteran
Looks like a feather!
Magpies Kush ^^ lol

302389511-1900px.jpg

Last edited:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Regarding the 70's. I did not smoke i was too young. I caught the last of the real thai coming off the boats in the early mid '80's. The remainder of my experience comes from actually growing all these varieties in nor/cal for the last 35 years. This if truth be told is the seed bank of the world and grown men dare not fathom otherwise.
I smoked in the 70's, I was too young too :D Born in 1968, smoking import herb by the age of 6, 7 every weekend. I recall thai, columbian redhairs, etc. Lots of hash too. One time the cops busted someone at my dad's house, after the cops left, they opened the oven full of drying thai stick, first batch in Vancouver they said, and rolled a fatty up for stress relief.

TheDarkStorm

while it sounds cool and novel,
cannabis just doesnt strike growth from the root system ,
its never been reported , and in all the many tens of thousands of plants ive seen and grown, its never happened either,
so the only answer is its some seeds in the mix striking ...

When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
The old mother used to throw branches from the base underground...... I also put up pictures from another thai line that was doing similar.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
The old mother used to throw branches from the base underground...... I also put up pictures from another thai line that was doing similar.
only from branch sites , lateral branches , no new ones form where there has been no leaf growing previously,
cannabis just doesnt do that ,so the one or ones u mention have been buried below where the first branches started is all ...

PlasmaTube

thanks for the feedback!

thats really good question, I do check for early resin (on stem and under leafs) and take notes. Keep in mind, it might be strain dependent, but with Haze (THH and now Ohaze) it seems that early resin really is connected to potency. But the most resinous plants were never my favorite smoke, raw potency is not enough. So I would never make selection based on early resin, always go all the way till the end of the cycle and judge the quality of the finished product. For example my favorite smoke is the plant that has the worst looks, very small calyxes and small resin heads, she would not win a beauty contest here I guess, but she leaves glorious frankincense in the air, with very strong euphoric head high yet clear and positive, thats what I am looking for in these extreme nlds. I say dont worry about it at all, enjoy the grow and you will be rewarded

edit: added few more pics

Frankincense pheno:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
Damn, @elanius can grow good looking Haze. Wanna sample all the different grows and flowers. Amazing work through the years indeed

bigherb

Veteran
Reading these old threads for Todd's Haze info. And Tom has me lol. He sure knows how to grab ones attention.
There’s Not much feedback from Todd’s Haze , If I recall harvestreaper and someone else found a keeper or two

Since your interested in Haze info

Let the facts be known Tom Hill never Smoked Original Haze in the 70’s . He only started smoking in the 80’s

That’s his opinion on the Addition of Thai , you know what they say about opinions

How valid is an opinion about something we’ve never experienced ?

1luvbigherb

harvestreaper

Veteran
pheno 3 biblical.jpg

hi plasma ,,i logged in see you sent me a message but cant find it now feel free to send again not ignoring you lol , this is the one i kept from todds very oldschool terps nice effect <not a 5% er or even what im looking for in a keeper in the sense for potency alone >but i like her overall and have been breeding off her will continue on from there , i posted above seedlings out of her and mm male,,seeing if i can find a 5% out some of those lol ,,out of the todds haze ,,,,3 were selected ,,3 5 7 ,,,,,5 was like rootbeer terps beautiful and 7 was the metalshop type similar to thh and prob most potent of 3 , unfortunately they both hermied on me after a bunch of runs so sadly culled them ,,above pheno 3