What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
There was Hawaiian indica.
Sam / tfd / seedsman crossed it with skunk; sensiseeds / Shanti crossed it with Nl5, and it's probably the same strain soma got from Shanti ....

regseeds

Are they all using the same "Hawaiian Indica" or different ones?
I would assume all from the same origin P1. I would imagine all are using their own selections

In 95 yet again another Hawaiian Indica male won 3rd place. It's % of top cultivars from the Hawaiian Indica male is shocking

Roger brought the Hawaiian to Amsterdam.

regseeds

There was Hawaiian indica.
Sam / tfd / seedsman crossed it with skunk; sensiseeds / Shanti crossed it with Nl5, and it's probably the same strain soma got from Shanti ....
@Sam_Skunkman used it in Real McCoy, Pineapple Punch and today with his Haze/Skunk X Hawaii Indica

Shanti didn't cross it as it was already made (Hawaiian x NL) from the Sensi days. Renamed spice when he acquired the seed stock under the Mr Nice label.

Last edited:

regseeds

Still being used by the best after 4 decades. Not much more needs to be said

HInev.JPG

romanoweed

Anything relating to the line would be great.

Thats what i tried to say.

The Seedsman Hawaian Skunk uses "Hawaiian Indica"
And unrelated to your post, i skipped trough Seedf----der and saw just the Picture of a grower, and said: That looks special.

So, i cant garanty its the same Line, but goooood possible.
Its the same Line as used in Spice - Mr. Nice.

Atleast acording my Meditation, i look at pic and meditate, i see special Qualities (i believe).

And the Flying Dutchman - Real Mc Coy IS the same Lineage as Seedsmans Hawaiian Skunk.. Go figure if you dont trust its the same. It is.
oaseeds has it;).

So , i would adice those 3 Lines, without ever testing it. Just because unrelated to yo i seen it, and wanted it.
Spice Mr nice looks less inbreeding depressed to me, bt i kinda preffered the otcroissing partner in RealMc Coy

BY thee Way, now that i see yor new post, i dont think i like Hawaiian Sativa.. I preffere the Skunk Ooutcrossing partner... acording Meditation i preffere Realmc Coy-.

JohnnyChicago

i believe so,,, i dont now about the diffrences

When Mac got the OH lines from Golli and me in 2019 to reproduce and share with the people, he did grow them next to each other, and described Gollis OH90 as fruity, and mines as incense HazeA, pepper and metal.

And as you asked about the pedigree.

Mac's labeled Seedsman should be:
Seedsman OH x Seedsman OH
Seedsman OH x OH90

The labeled GolliOH/OH90
OH90 x OH90
OH90 x Seedsman OH

While the shop OH, should be all of them mixed together.

regseeds

@herbgreen
No, mns spice is (hawaiian sativa x hawaiian indica) x Nl5, sensi hawaiian indica is (Hawaiian sativa x hawaiian indica) x Nl5...
:) not sure about those pedigree's Willy as NL5 was a female plant and a clone only (lost line). Five-o was NL5 x Hawaiian Indica

Hawaiian Indica @ sensi was Hawaiian Sativa x Northern Lights, which is what Mr Nice got when acquired the seedstock.

To be honest the only person who could clear it up is Nev who is no longer with us.

xet

Hawaiian snow SHOULD be(but we can't be shure) hawaiian sativa x Nev.hz...
Arjan explains his 2003 Cannabis Cup winning Hawaiian Snow is a cross of a female from Hawaii and male from Laos.

At 1:12:24 here Arjan says it is a South African crossed with a Hawaiian from a "very old grower in Hawaii"

I think Arjan misspoke about the "South African crossed with.." because I have seen several videos of Arjan and Franco explaining it is Hawaiian x Laos and everyone knows the Hawaiian OG he is talking about is the real deal Hawaiian that led to many other legendary Hawaiian strains.

Latest posts

Latest posts