What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

TheDarkStorm

Im still missing your point then . What do you mean it makes you feel like shit then ? How does it make you feel, can you describe ? I dont understand. A nevils haze high has anxiety and paranoia not unsimilar to shrooms, obviously more to people that dont smoke it everyday or dont smoke much.

If you dont like paranoia and anxiety then why do you grow mushrooms ? I also grow them and I think they have a similar high. Maybe we have different reactions ?

It sounds surreal to me for someone to tell me they hate anxiety and paranoia but they use shrooms.

Anxiety and paranoia are ( positive ) qualities I associate with Nevils Haze, Shroom and I consider them almost mandatory for the full psychedelic experience. For me they are qualities that contribute to trippiness and how psychedelic it feels but are not interchangable. And thats why I dont consider the best Seedsman Original Haze as trippy and psychedelic as NH.

View Image

Some people want to tap out wen it comes to nh leet....the ride becomes too much....it like the actual weed the governments warned about becoming too strong..way too strong for some, causes people to become paranoid an delusional, can cause dissociative disorder.....ive seen alot of people who have quit smoking weed altogether cus of it...or will never smoke that variety again.....I like the ride personally...an if sometimes I want to take it abit easier I just put half the amount in.....but different people like different things.....but ive seen alot of people who get like that the first time they ever smoke if they take too much....but the nh has that effect on heavy smokers....some of us love that an its wat we search for...we love it wen the weeds so powerful that it twists the mind.....like the ultimate fareground ride it takes you on a crazy psychotic trip.....but I suppose evryone likes different things.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I've never experienced the paranoia of weed either. I always put it down to never trying the right pure sativa.
But I've never gotten paranoia from shrooms or acid either.
The only time I ever got paranoia was after smoking 40x salvia extract. I was scared that someone was going to come knock on my door and find me trashed on the salvia. Lol. Luckily salvia "trip" only last 15 minutes.

Bardo Eagle

Hi guys,thc is a psychotic and anxiogen substance,with cannabinoids and terpene can be everything about effect..some people think to give up smoke for some reason,my reason at first was that the first 30 min was mind painfull(shredded reality where only bad thing can happen) then when the first effect subside a good feeling (Classic cannabis high\stone) appears. I think to find some "cure" to my problems..a day in the countryside some thing Stick to my shoes,at home I thought to smoke It..wooo incense like smoke and a strong floral fruity musty odour when grind(actually more good than average weed),and a peaceful zen like state appear(only present exist and I can enjoy It) paranoia and anxiety disappear,than I smoked a joint and magic.. :tongue: the painfull psychotic rush disappear leave only the good feeling about It(cbd and cbg don't do a lot to It).that plant that i smoke Is a datura type plant,more better tasting than stramonium seed(but anyway I try It also with similar result but more "cold").Got a more zen like High without the painfull rush and no anxiety paranoia bad thoughts
Good for nausea,for enhance psychedelic effects,and psychedelic experience( cut the freak out properties of It),last like 1 day and Is the best anxiolitic antiparanoia antidepressive that I tried(put you in subtle trance state where bad Energy can't entry).Remember that only low dose datura intake are beneficial (smoke route),don't ingest It!!!! The First Time that I smoked stramonium seed I'd OBE(the First and last time),I teleported in my wardrobe compress by tons of weight!?!?!?!(strange shit).That mystery plant Is for sure a datura plant but different from stramoniun(more scopolamine than hyosciamine(more trancy and warm than bouncy and cold) (more empty you bank account because you can't give a shit by colombian thugs than provide Phantom cigarette to Little girl with parents here) but go low and nothing bad can happen.Datura Is a deliriant,but at low dose One of the most useful plants :grouphug:

JohnnyChicago

I guess the comparasion was made between the pure Seedsman Hazes and not between NH and OH.
If we want to compare NH, then we should compare what is sold under that name and not what it has been 20 years ago and no longer exists. Or at least say what you are speaking of.

And even the original from Neville was not comparable to OH, as it was not a pure sativa hybrid.

I prefer to compare the 92-94 Coffeeshop OH with the 98 NH cup winner.
OH, potent pure coffee, speed, heart rate increasing psychedelic stuff. Often too strong for the people (that's how I got my very first OH)
NH heavy hitting sativa hybrid that made you sticked to the couch, to scared to stand up, enjoying more or less your trip.

Seedsman Haze high is different. Much clearer than the Coffeeshop OH had been. Not as dark.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Haze is mids... The question is... which one is the piffiest of the piff?
maybe some of the current stuff around , or some more recent selections available are milder than the ones that proceeded them ,

however i dont think its accurate to call haze mids ??

if it was so then the haze hybrids nevil made would be mids also , (its not the nl in them doing the bulk of the lifting)

im betting a good pure haze grown properly would freak most folks out dr , it certainly has that reputation , and that hasnt come from it being mild weed ...

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I was jokin.... Haze is the only standout weed i can think of. Id like to find some landrace stuff or others with a trademark outlying smell as amazing as a haze.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Haze is the only standout weed i can think of. Id like to find some landrace stuff or others with a trademark outlying smell as amazing as a haze.

most columbian have this.. but this special OHz smell is unique ...
the columbians are the closest i'll know...
there are some nice Punto Rojo that come close...
no wonder ... it's one of the input's ... and maybe the last you can find unaltered...
USC Columbian Gold 72 has it too... highly recommend as well...
M.:smoker:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just like everything we grow it depends what Phenos we find. I've def found some hay that cant be given away.

I wouldn't recommend a newbie starting out with a haze or anything super potent. I would recommend a low quality product for 3 months before they started puffing high quality daily.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I was jokin.... Haze is the only standout weed i can think of. Id like to find some landrace stuff or others with a trademark outlying smell as amazing as a haze.

The plant down below (last 3 pics) might qualify. I grew the mom (Santa Marta Colombian) last year and she was still flowering in December. Was really mold and pest resistent, smelled awesome, but just didn't want to finish flowering.
LXXKgGQl.jpg

This year, I got a chance to grow the SMC again, but this time, the breeder used an A5T male. The male seems to have cut way down on the flowering time and added some bulk to the flowers. The mold resistance and color from the mom was still there, yields were very respectable. The smell from the flowers reminds me of the SMC, but it's a bit different/more exotic. I'll see if I can remember to get a smoke report of this one up after things have dried and cured.
3UiDBxEl.jpg

7dk1bYml.jpg

gvJd4Kxl.jpg

HB.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Does the incense temple musk seem to be a central/south american thing? The Thai stuff more minty/lemony? Indian?... Africans?
Always wondered... Very good thing to chat about

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All this talk and drama with the haze got me digging into some Original Haze I had frozen. Good idea there, fine soaring high with NO CRASH. The particular C99 pheno I was smoking had me going to bed soon after smoking.

JohnnyChicago

Or he had the real Original Haze.

Sometimes you can also fall asleep with OH if you hvae smoked to much stuff like green or golden OTH before. Happens to me at least :biggrin:

Destroyer x OHaze
picture.php

HAZENACIOUS

In this case Id say over watering. This will also cause clawing. When caught early easy to fix.

Hi Hammerhead,
interesting, I didn't know that, don't think it's that in this case though, I always let them dry out good, plus I use a passive hydroponic system, that keeps roots constantly oxygenated.

Can't help but wonder the difference in phenotypical expression with regards to feed across unique environments. For example, gardening indoors compared to outdoors.

Without adequate energy to pull from and use in biological processes, I think the plants express themselves uniquely across these variables. So, question to the outdoor gardeners tending haze lines. Do you notice the same expressions as they relate to feeding and overfeeding, specifically an abundance of nitrogen and the infamous clawing that's described with the excess availability? Much love.
Hi SB, that's a good point, growing indoors is a big stress by itself, perhaps it's a reaction to those many stressors of being cultivated in an unnatural indoor environment. These particular hazes always do much better outdoors.

It happens on some of the lines hazenacious...iv seen it myself...more blue light in the spectrum seems to help alot.
Hi Darkstorm, I didn't know that. I like the hps light, it seems to give more crystal and less leaf, even if the buds aren't quite as big and heavy as a combination of mh and hps.

Thank you for the responses.
I have Run this particular cut several times now, and it just does that right at the end, it doesn't seem to be a problem though this is my best incense pheno right now, and it is probably my heaviest yielder.
Only the fanleaves curl and the finished bud is immaculate.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

elanius

Veteran
Thats beautiful, what a garden you have there!

The plant down below (last 3 pics) might qualify. I grew the mom (Santa Marta Colombian) last year and she was still flowering in December. Was really mold and pest resistent, smelled awesome, but just didn't want to finish flowering.
View Image

This year, I got a chance to grow the SMC again, but this time, the breeder used an A5T male. The male seems to have cut way down on the flowering time and added some bulk to the flowers. The mold resistance and color from the mom was still there, yields were very respectable. The smell from the flowers reminds me of the SMC, but it's a bit different/more exotic. I'll see if I can remember to get a smoke report of this one up after things have dried and cured.
View Image
View Image
View Image

HB.