What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

TheDarkStorm

I actually get that clawing on some of my hazes even though I use only organic fertilizers.one cut in particular always seems to claw up. It's one of my top cuts right now, 50% 5hz.
This grow was 100% organic and many sativas in this grow and nothing else clawed up, it didn't cause problems, some of my best smoke, (incense pheno)View Image

It happens on some of the lines hazenacious...iv seen it myself...more blue light in the spectrum seems to help alot.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Humidity swings can also cause it.

Not to the extent we see here. My RH is horrible, it can swing from 8 to 60 in a day. It never caused clawing. RH can cause tips of leaves to to curl/dry up. Some times the edges will curl. Here are great examples of RH vs and N toxicity. Found these pics on the net.

Attachments

• Climate-problems-and-your-marijuana-plants.jpg
    Climate-problems-and-your-marijuana-plants.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 27
  • nitrogen-deficiency-in-cannabis-ed-rosenthal-3.jpg
    nitrogen-deficiency-in-cannabis-ed-rosenthal-3.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Tom Hill

Veteran
Leet also described this pheno of neville haze before as a very strong, anxiety inducing paranoid head high. I tried Neville Haze once and never again touched that bud. If the high have such negative energy that it makes you feel like shit, lost and drowning in your mind, not to mention the comedown...it can look like 24K gold and I wont care about it. If I ended up with this pheno, based on resin selection and then smoke it - that would be real bummer.

But the point is - each to his own! Selection is personal thing, if one is looking for anxiety laden paranoid trip - thats fine. Nobody is justified to come and tell you its shit because I dont like it.

However, I totally agree with you, that with haze, resinous plants in veg are usually best. Growing hundreds of plants, its good start to remove some off types, with no or low resin on stem - for example..
But what if you have just 13 females, would you kill half just based on appearance? The hobby grower and breeder perspective is different.

In my case, all my favorite OHaze plants had great resin coverage on stems during early veg. But two hazes had extreme resin, my fingers were glued after just making clones from them. And I was keeping eye on these, but the verdict is, they are not the best smoke, just very potent. This is only to clarify what I meant by waiting for the smoke as the ultimate test...felt like it might get misunderstood any minute now :biggrin:

View Image

I agree with this. And i may too have been misunderstood. I do not prefer a paranoid trip but the best hazes i have smoked will bring you to that edge where you find yourself asking if everything is ok in your mind. The answer is invariably yes and if one has any sense of humor and does not take themself too seriously they will laugh it off. It is not a dirty muddy high swimming in a pool of paranoia it is very clean and crisp.

I also would never cull plants on a low count trip. But i do feel if possible it is always best to way over plant and cull the hell out of them early on once a target terpene profile has been isolated. One for the rat one for the crow and all that jazz.

LostTribe

Premium user
Original Haze from Todd

Group shot
picture.php

This seems to be the thinest leafed for now
picture.php

They look better than expected today. Normally once I see the curl it just continues to get worse by the day. Hoping they will pull through. Glad I am not the only one with these issues.

I must admit trying to juggle new mediums(hydro to coco and now soil) and new environments (room and vertical to tent and hood and now some LED) definitely has caused some of my issues. I am not yet impressed with the blumats, the shitty hard plastic hose is a complete pain in the ass and they aren't compatible with my 1/4 inch flexible drip line or any fittings available locally. Can't move the plants at all without all the stakes coming out. So far POS for quality.

Liquid ferts will be used sparingly and at much lower dosing. I have limited amendments but may grab something for K and some micronutrients. For now I am just letting them do their thing on RO.

I am flipping these today but once they stretch a bit will take cuttings from lowers.

Best
LT

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
I would like to hear more about the sexual stability of Original Haze. How stable is the OH, anybody who grew them had big problems with hermies? :)

Im already thinking about a new little project and would like to use a nice Original Haze male to cross it with my Cannabiogen Oaxaca'79S1 girl, which surprisingly is damn stable in sex.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Seems pretty stable, some people have found in progeny testing offspring that are susceptible to intersex in that they put out bananas, could just be the mothers were prone to it though is the thought but multiple crosses with the same male and they show up. Only one original haze out of 25 seeds that showed a banana though if that helps.

B

Benny106

A few banana is nothing like balls at a bunch of lower nodes, or even branches of male flowers.

l33t

Veteran
Originally Posted by elanius

View Post
Leet also described this pheno of neville haze before as a very strong, anxiety inducing paranoid head high. I tried Neville Haze once and never again touched that bud. If the high have such negative energy that it makes you feel like shit, lost and drowning in your mind, not to mention the comedown...it can look like 24K gold and I wont care about it. If I ended up with this pheno, based on resin selection and then smoke it - that would be real bummer.

LOL Nevils Haze never made me feel like shit LOL .It is not negative energy, not to me. I grew just this clone for many years, until I had to move country and lost it, it was that good. Nevils Haze has been one of the most important and full of epiphanies highs in my life. The place where it takes you is surreal and unreal. Admittedly is not the happiest high ( but I wouldnt call it dark either, just neutral ) and yes its very strong. The best Seedsman Original Haze I tried was not as strong or psychedelic/trippy. I bet you don't like Mushrooms or heavy psychedelics.

harvestreaper

Veteran
ive never grown nevs haze and would like to try but by most accounts the good version is not available any more ?am i right in thinking that ?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I never saw an intersex pure OHaze, I have grown thousands.
Were the Haze that did have intersex, Haze hybrids? Whos Haze were they?

In OHaze I did find a few Fasciated and a few that were Whorled Phyllotaxy.
When I used my Fasciated female clone to make OHaze seeds, a few folks mentioned they got a few Fasciated individuals also.
-SamS

elanius

Veteran
LOL Nevils Haze never made me feel like shit LOL .It is not negative energy, not to me. I grew just this clone for many years, until I had to move country and lost it, it was that good. Nevils Haze has been one of the most important and full of epiphanies highs in my life. The place where it takes you is surreal and unreal. Admittedly is not the happiest high ( but I wouldnt call it dark either, just neutral ) and yes its very strong. The best Seedsman Original Haze I tried was not as strong or psychedelic/trippy. I bet you don't like Mushrooms or heavy psychedelics.

the Neville's Haze will make a room filled of Church and Catpiss and it will leave me in a state of paranoia where I will have to walk it off.

Paranoia and anxiety is not an indicator of trippy weed. It does not have to be there...

Anyway, you took part of my message out of the context and reacted on it, while misunderstanding my point completely.

It is not negative energy, not to me.

And thats the point. I dont like it, you do, its personal preference. I never said that it makes you feel like shit. I only wrote how was my experience with it.

I bet you don't like Mushrooms or heavy psychedelics.

and you would lose that bet miserably, I even grow the mushrooms myself
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

l33t

Veteran
Im still missing your point then . What do you mean it makes you feel like shit then ? How does it make you feel, can you describe ? I dont understand. A nevils haze high has anxiety and paranoia not unsimilar to shrooms, obviously more to people that dont smoke it everyday or dont smoke much.

If you dont like paranoia and anxiety then why do you grow mushrooms ? I also grow them and I think they have a similar high. Maybe we have different reactions ?

It sounds surreal to me for someone to tell me they hate anxiety and paranoia but they use shrooms.

Anxiety and paranoia are ( positive ) qualities I associate with Nevils Haze, Shroom and I consider them almost mandatory for the full psychedelic experience. For me they are qualities that contribute to trippiness and how psychedelic it feels but are not interchangable. And thats why I dont consider the best Seedsman Original Haze as trippy and psychedelic as NH.

picture.php

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im still missing your point then . What do you mean it makes you feel like shit then ? How does it make you feel, can you describe ? I dont understand. A nevils haze high has anxiety and paranoia not unsimilar to shrooms, obviously more to people that dont smoke it everyday or dont smoke much.

If you dont like paranoia and anxiety then why do you grow mushrooms ? I also grow them and I think they have a similar high. Maybe we have different reactions ?

It sounds surreal to me for someone to tell me they hate anxiety and paranoia but they use shrooms.

Anxiety and paranoia are ( positive ) qualities I associate with Nevils Haze, Shroom and I consider them almost mandatory for the full psychedelic experience. For me they are qualities that contribute to trippiness and how psychedelic it feels but are not interchangable. And thats why I dont consider the best Seedsman Original Haze as trippy and psychedelic as NH.

View Image

Ive never had paranoia feeling from shrooms? I use them a lot. I don't find it odd someone else has a different experience then I do. Ive had weed cause paranoia/ breathing issues/ uneasy feelings. These are not positive feelings to me lol. IMO the older we get the more this can happen.. Why you have an issue how someone else's experience their high is a bit odd to me. Lots of us feel different than you might.

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Paranoia is related to the mind. I think in many cases the stuff that makes some people paranoid is the same stuff that other call mind expanding or trippy.

Just like acid or mushrooms. They can send you the most beautiful places or to somewhere that feels like hell.

The key to a door does not have anything to do with the contents of the space it gives you access too.