What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

HAZENACIOUS

Not sure but I think people might be misunderstanding Sam when he says a particular haze stock is all Colombian, he is talking about the first seasons, but as the seasons progressed, the haze polyhybrid became more complex, because they added a new male to the mix and really who knows what those elite sativa males were? Nobody according to Sam, we can make educated guesses but that is it.
Donald's quote above contained this gem from Sam, which would seem to indicate that what Tom is saying, and what I have always thought about my hazes, which is that they are later versions of haze and therefore have thai in them. Don't think it necessarily contradicts what Sam is saying. We can speculate that it's probably thai.

Sam Skunkman:.
"The very first Original Haze was a crop of both green, lime green, purple, and other colors, all from Columbian, after that I am not sure and anyone that says they are, is just fooling themselves. "

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Not sure but I think people might be misunderstanding Sam when he says a particular haze stock is all Colombian, he is talking about the first seasons, but as the seasons progressed, the haze polyhybrid became more complex, because they added a new male to the mix and really who knows what those elite sativa males were? Nobody according to Sam, we can make educated guesses but that is it.
Donald's quote above contained this gem from Sam, which would seem to indicate that what Tom is saying, and what I have always thought about my hazes, which is that they are later versions of haze and therefore have thai in them. Don't think it necessarily contradicts what Sam is saying. We can speculate that it's probably thai.

Sam Skunkman:.
"The very first Original Haze was a crop of both green, lime green, purple, and other colors, all from Columbian, after that I am not sure and anyone that says they are, is just fooling themselves. "

View Image
yea i think if you read fully , those quotes and others ive seen him say ,
if he called it original haze , it was all colombian ,
otherwise he , his words , mentioned it was crossed ,

how you are imagining it is not how he has told the story that ive been following ,
thats not to say the odd seed lot has not been mixed up later in the day , but he seems pretty clear on what things were before then ..

as i mentioned to hempy , who of course totally dismissed what i said ,

the only real way we can get the answer as to what is in each seed lot , is test them .... that would put the endless speculation we can do here to rest ...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes i do like it and nice work if that is your creation
What is the lineage , who's Original Haze did you use to make it ?
You got some pistils! Finally :D
Nice done Elanius.
Let us know how it smells compared to THH.

Should be from my lime green metal male selection, Ojd.
Happy to see you like it.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get of sams nuts already, you dont even grow, do you ?
You smoked some Haze in new york and think your a Haze expert lol.
You didnt even get to Holland until Neville had left so didnt sample any of the famous cuts ?

Sams story has changed over the years and sorry you were not around to hear all the different stories, the stories seemed to of changed alot since Neville passed from many people in our industry trying to cash in and or not upset certain people.

Haze clearly has Thai in the lineage and any grower who has grown Thai would know that

C Haze is clearly Thai influence and found from seeds from Sam.
Your knowledge is lacking in Sams statements of the origins of Santa Cruz original Haze and the Haze he spread in Holland . You haven’t been around for awhile

I don’t shine shoes anymore Tom . Not just the kid obsessed with a Frankincense, NYC Haze is a certified legend . Check social networks

I was right about Haze being a lumbo the story I shared was agreed by Sams except for a few details in his words

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I still don't get why the DNA results from sams haze haven't been posted... I know they had a fallout but his skunk and quite a few others of his gear are there. Would help . Old timers haze is analyzed(100 % Lumbo) ,some nevil clones, too...

All those contradicting quotes from Sam are clearly pointing that we can t count on him for the truth ...Be it the time gap or lack of info...All due respect. So only some DNA tests could shed some light.

Plants are speaking the truth and seems seedsman version is pure lumbo , old timers the same, toms haze has Thai and who knows what todds is...

Probably because of the results ....
Sometimes saying "I don't know" or "I was wrong" is difficult, but it helps ....

bigherb

Veteran
Get of sams nuts already, you dont even grow, do you ?
You smoked some Haze in new york and think your a Haze expert lol.
You didnt even get to Holland until Neville had left so didnt sample any of the famous cuts ?

Sams story has changed over the years and sorry you were not around to hear all the different stories, the stories seemed to of changed alot since Neville passed from many people in our industry trying to cash in and or not upset certain people.

Haze clearly has Thai in the lineage and any grower who has grown Thai would know that

C Haze is clearly Thai influence and found from seeds from Sam.

What’s your beef with me ?
Get off my Dick , you can see a few pics of Haze hybrids Nevils Haze and THH . ( check Nevilles Haze outdoor thcfarm) I don’t have indoor experience

Where have you been , because you seem lost

I Respect Sams but have called out his inconsistencies for years , I’m done . I will leave that chapter and hopefully he one day tells his whole story

Your Butt hurt because my issues with Tom , he’s talked shit to me for years . I’ve been quiet since his return and repeat post of his Haze being the Thai Haze selection

My issue with that is misinformation, it’s been spread for years . Do you know G is still alive , do you know the guy who told me the true origins who was his apprentice still talks to him

Where you around in 60’s - 70’s ?
The early Lumbos were just as long and some longer flowering than Thai Remember Colombia sits in the equator Thailand does not . As some have mentioned Sativas can share similar traits

Punto Rojo is well documented on this forum and others , the four main phenos of the Original Haze are still present in punto rojo today

If anyone dick rides it’s you
Your the Nevil Fanboy , Did you know him . Because I’ve spoke extensively with people close to him and they didn’t have all great things to say . I won’t go there .

Wtf does Nevils cuts have to do with Thai in the lineage of Original Haze , you are starting to sound like Hempy . I love Nevilles Haze it’s the closest thing to NYC Haze I’ve smoked outside of NY

But remember one of the Seedbank Nl5HzC descriptions
In other words , seeds We’re salvaged from the last crop in America/ Cali . Lolzz that was 81!from G .., Soo did he salvage seeds or get them from Sams seed stock of 69 wayyy way different

Btw
I challenge you to show any old post from Sams I haven’t seen . Remember I’ve been around for a little while . Remember I wrote the True origins of Haze . I’m sure I’ve saved all the post available on the net

Get off my nuts , I’ve never claimed to be an expert of anything. Or a experienced grower . I’m just a Haze lover and my only intentions were to share the truth which gets muddied Soo much in these threads I’ve learned long ago .

I’ll call out mistruth no matter who it is Respected members , breeders or new posters and posers

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Overlooking the Colombian question, (but were they 4 punto rojo or 4 Colombians? Because they are different things) fanboys & haters, it is quite possible that the question of the famous 1969 labeled seeds is quite simple, today there are things like Panama 74, Oaxaca 79. ,etc....

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
What’s your beef with me ?
Get off my Dick , you can see a few pics of Haze hybrids Nevils Haze and THH . ( check Nevilles Haze outdoor thcfarm) I don’t have indoor experience

Where have you been , because you seem lost

I Respect Sams but have called out his inconsistencies for years , I’m done . I will leave that chapter and hopefully he one day tells his whole story

Your Butt hurt because my issues with Tom , he’s talked shit to me for years . I’ve been quiet since his return and repeat post of his Haze being the Thai Haze selection

My issue with that is misinformation, it’s been spread for years . Do you know G is still alive , do you know the guy who told me the true origins who was his apprentice still talks to him

Where you around in 60’s - 70’s ?
The early Lumbos were just as long and some longer flowering than Thai Remember Colombia sits in the equator Thailand does not . As some have mentioned Sativas can share similar traits

Punto Rojo is well documented on this forum and others , the four main phenos of the Original Haze are still present in punto rojo today

If anyone dick rides it’s you
Your the Nevil Fanboy , Did you know him . Because I’ve spoke extensively with people close to him and they didn’t have all great things to say . I won’t go there .

Wtf does Nevils cuts have to do with Thai in the lineage of Original Haze , you are starting to sound like Hempy . I love Nevilles Haze it’s the closest thing to NYC Haze I’ve smoked outside of NY

But remember one of the Seedbank Nl5HzC descriptions
In other words , seeds We’re salvaged from the last crop in America/ Cali . Lolzz that was 81!from G .., Soo did he salvage seeds or get them from Sams seed stock of 69 wayyy way different

Btw
I challenge you to show any old post from Sams I haven’t seen . Remember I’ve been around for a little while . Remember I wrote the True origins of Haze . I’m sure I’ve saved all the post available on the net

Get off my nuts , I’ve never claimed to be an expert of anything. Or a experienced grower . I’m just a Haze lover and my only intentions were to share the truth which gets muddied Soo much in these threads I’ve learned long ago .

I’ll call out mistruth no matter who it is Respected members , breeders or new posters and posers

How can there be phenos of the Original Haze present in punto rojo today when going by you punto rojo was one of the lines used to create Haze that makes no seance.

I hate to brake it to you bigherb but you know as much about haze as Trump dose.

If you had ever grown old Colombians and old Thai you know old Thai lines dont mature faster than Colombians fact.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I mean.... colombians seem to go from 16-24 weeks.. I dont see how thai could be any slower.
According to phylos haze is colombian/panama.
Plus sam even said his fav was lime green which could be found in colombian... but then later said thai like ...

Its all stupid i dont really get the beef between each other over such a dumb confusing story.. We know enough to be happy by now I think.... Get some Oldtimers, Tomhill, Punto Rojo, Nev haze, nl5haze, Mangohaze,SSHm and be happy.
The best mainstream haze was nl5xhazeC.. that is the undoubted consensus...

I wanna get some panama, redsnake, punto rojo, oldtimers, destroyer, nl5haze... Already got a bit of ohaze, and tomhill haze.. Mangobiche, kerala, zamal, queen mother, other cool stuff... We need to grow together not apart.

T

TakenByTheSky

The ironic thing is you never seen any stand out phenos being shown of NL5haze have after it was remade by MNS about 10 years ago.

And you never see anyone bring out epic phenos from old seeds they might have. I don't doubt nl5haze is some great shit but where did all the cuts go, what about old seeds anyone have any?

Why did they let the original creation of NL5 get lost?

I grew some mns nl5haze from a pack I bought when the repro first came out, I found those to be too indica Dom and bland for my taste never grew any more.

TheDarkStorm

How can there be phenos of the Original Haze present in punto rojo today when going by you punto rojo was one of the lines used to create Haze that makes no seance.

I hate to brake it to you bigherb but you know as much about haze as Trump dose.

If you had ever grown old Colombians and old Thai you know old Thai lines dont mature faster than Colombians fact.

The guy who was saying it was punta roja was also calling it Columbian gold....an saying ther the same thing..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The ironic thing is you never seen any stand out phenos being shown of NL5haze have after it was remade by MNS about 10 years ago.

And you never see anyone bring out epic phenos from old seeds they might have. I don't doubt nl5haze is some great shit but where did all the cuts go, what about old seeds anyone have any?

Why did they let the original creation of NL5 get lost?

I grew some mns nl5haze from a pack I bought when the repro first came out, I found those to be too indica Dom and bland for my taste never grew any more.

The work Nevil did that he past on to Shanti lives on and all the 50% haze hybrids i did like MH /Shit Haze /SSH all threw freaks.

This is what i expect from a 50% haze

picture.php

picture.php

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The guy who was saying it was punta roja was also calling it Columbian gold....an saying ther the same thing..

The story i go with is a bunch of growers made seed with there best sats for the following years grow and struck gold made what we all now know as Haze in short a flook.

They were not breeders it was not planed and each year after that the line that was now called haze became less special.

The plants that we have found in the last decades we call the 1% to 3% are basically ancestral throw backs to that original haze.

T

TakenByTheSky

Something interesting I found while googling NL5 haze. Sensi is literally using the same photo from the old the seedbank catalog that's been cleaned up and retouched to sell NL5 haze seeds today. Its like in 30 years they haven't found another pheno worth using to sell the seeds.

It looks like they edited a few bud leaves out of the picture but you can see it's the same exact picture

picture.php

picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
A lot of pics of sensi are old, Hindu kush have the same pic of nl2, Shiva Shanti have garlic bud, g.gusto have early Pearl improved....
A classic....

TheDarkStorm

Something interesting I found while googling NL5 haze. Sensi is literally using the same photo from the old the seedbank catalog that's been cleaned up and retouched to sell NL5 haze seeds today. Its like in 30 years they haven't found another pheno worth using to sell the seeds.

It looks like they edited a few bud leaves out of the picture but you can see it's the same exact picture

View Image

View Image

Thats the 89 a5haze (2a)...actual mother ov the 97 nh.....sensi sell 5hazeC

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
For some time now I have been wondering where the story of the 4-way cross (mex, columbian, thai, kerala) came from and why those 4, and not others ..... :chin:

Latest posts

Latest posts