What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Lime green with a bit of thai blood :)

Maybe with that slightly citrus flavor ....

Not to say the others aren't great, they are. And not to say that these traits are necessarily related either. But after thousands of haze plants grown from seed over decades the tens which have stood out above all others all fell into that category.

This thing unites many of us who love haze, you and many others, green pheno have the magic ....

Tom Hill

Veteran
Yes. For me citrus is synonymous with thai prior to it giving way to a more complex terpene profile after prolonged storage. Folk who have actually grown real thai will all agree.

Those lumbo phenos may produce an auditory hallucination as you are bopping down the streets of holland but they do not have a guy peeking out the window or send him to the bathroom mirror to ask himself wtf is going on. They do not truly test a man's soul ime.

harvestreaper

Veteran
Not to say the others aren't great, they are. And not to say that these traits are necessarily related either. But after thousands of haze plants grown from seed over decades the tens which have stood out above all others all fell into that category.

real good to hear your experiance tom ,,lots of lime green with citrus smells in these ,,when you say you seen the good plants from the thousands youve grown fall in this catagory do you feel that applies to all haze lines or just the genetics you sourced as i understand you bred yours from a small number? ,,forgive me if im wrong i ask because i see clear diffrences in seedsman yours an now todds haze this in itself causes me no concern at this point as a variation in the base stock plus diffrent selections would explain it ,,:tiphat:

bigherb

Veteran
Tom

Great to see you back in action, hope to see you continue spreading your gems

What was your experience smoking Original Haze in the 70’s ?

Also curious to your experience with Colombians and Thai of the past 70’s ?

Sams has recently repeated Original Haze to be only Colombian genetics . Phenos varying flower times and colors

The thought of Thai Blood is your Haze is challenged by the Man who provided the Genetics

1luvbigherb

Tom Hill

Veteran
Big herb brush up on your reading comprehention. To my knowledge Sam has stated that originally haze started as a lumbo. In its final incarnation it was a variety that included everything from that to a 4 way hybrid. His preference is one that includes a latter thai intro as i understand it. And this is my preference as well.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I started with 4 or 5 packs of 15 seed per pack purchased from positronics seeds in 1994. I can not speak to others.

thanks for being clear on that ,, i had some great haze crosses from posi i think as far back as late 80s ,,could be wrong on the date what i do remember is they was as good as any other offerings of the time ,,which makes me think im gonna have to try yours to,,:tiphat:

Tom Hill

Veteran
picture.php

Surely bigherb you can comprehend the bottom quote from Sam ha?

bigherb

Veteran
Big herb brush up on your reading comprehention. To my knowledge Sam has stated that originally haze started as a lumbo. In its final incarnation it was a variety that included everything from that to a 4 way hybrid. His preference is one that includes a latter thai intro as i understand it. And this is my preference as well.

Your knowledge is lacking in Sams statements of the origins of Santa Cruz original Haze and the Haze he spread in Holland . You haven’t been around for awhile

I don’t shine shoes anymore Tom . Not just the kid obsessed with a Frankincense, NYC Haze is a certified legend . Check social networks

I was right about Haze being a lumbo the story I shared was agreed by Sams except for a few details in his words

Tom Hill

Veteran
Show me... show me where Sam has stated that Haze is solo lumbo. And i will show you an error in reading comprehention tehee.

T

TakenByTheSky

Well that's what we were just talking about the other day. I just got a pack of todd McCormicks original haze which supposedly came directly from Sam and Todd is very adamant about it being 100% Columbian so much so that he wrote "original haze 100% Columbian" on the seed vial. He claims this the the same original haze that was given to nevil.

If you check any older or dutch source for genetic information it will say original haze is a 4 way hybrid. But then again Sam had said in the first pages of this thread is that there was multiple versions of haze before it made it to europe.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
NYC haze definitely isnt a urban legend... The best incense ive got was from Topddawg Nigerian X Mangohaze.... and he is a new yorker.... he says his Mango haze is piff... and I agree

T

TakenByTheSky

Mango haze is 25%nl and 25% skunk 50% haze it also didn't come until out until years after ppl were already talking about piff. Piff was most likely an earlier haze hybrid.

I know why top dawg says that is because cocktail Frank had a mango haze he said was the closest thing he ever found to piff in seed form. I believe JJ got that mango haze from CF and uses it in new hybrids.

Ppl who werent around back then or haven't read the thread here would just believe what ever they're told.

Cocktail franks mango haze thread is year been running for years in the MNs forum.

Mango haze is the sister to super silver haze which came out years earlier, I have been saying for years I think what ppl refer to as piff is a rare pheno of ssh.

Piff by definition is getting conveluded these days a lot of ppl are all about it but seem to think it's something different as the newer generation has no idea. Piff is always said to smell like frankincense, the most dead ringer frankincense bud I've ever had was in 2007 ssh.

I've grown many haze hybrids over the years some are close but nothing can ever beat those 2 rare phenos of ssh I had that year

Tom Hill

Veteran
There is little doubt that haze started as lumbo likely mexican next lol. It was nice and fuzzy. But haze did not get real and life changing type shit until the thai. Now go get your f*cking shoe shine boxes tehee.

bigherb

Veteran
Show me... show me where Sam has stated that Haze is solo lumbo. And i will show you an error in reading comprehention tehee.

Tom

My questions , Sams response is bold

Soo all the OHaze you sold to seedsman TFD positronics was pure Colombian? YES UNLESS SOLD AS A HAZE HYBRID.

The emphasis all these years folks have made on thai association to OHaze is funny I GAVE BOTH RL AND G THAI SEEDS I GOT FROM GOLDEN OFF THE STICK THAI THAT WAS FANTASTIC IN MAYBE 75 IN SC. THEY MADE A FEW HYBRIDS BUT G LIKE THE PURE OHAZE BETTER AND DID NOT USE THEM AGAIN, RL LIKED THEM BUT DID NOT KEEP CLONES SO THEY WERE GONE PRETTY QUICK, THE SAME WITH S INDIAN, KERALA. I MADE MORE HYBRIDS AS I FOUND THEM INTERESTING.

Maybe you should do some reading

bigherb

Veteran
There is little doubt that haze started as lumbo likely mexican next lol. It was nice and fuzzy. But haze did not get real and life changing type shit until the thai. Now go get your f*cking shoe shine boxes tehee.

There is a much Mexican in Haze as that country impersonation on your Billy batts impression

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I was smoking piff before Mangohaze was released too but what I have is piff either way... Theres a few different batchs of Haze we got directly from NY.. and I know what piff is.... My favorite version of piff is the one I found in Topdawgs nigerian mangohaze.... I dont like the embalming fluid dense yellow/tan probably nl5haze... The catpiss more SSH..... Incense more NH?

Tom Hill

Veteran
Bigherb. The old man has lost the plot. I know he wrote the description for original haze as a 4 way hybrid when he dumped it off on wernhard. This i say in open for all to see.

Latest posts

Latest posts