What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

JohnnyChicago

Same age, same conditions, from seed, OH & OTH
picture.php

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Just wanted to post a few fresh shots of the "Bonsai" Ohaze I'm running from Todd...I have pollinated a couple of select branches with THH pollen from 2014 and 2017. The cuts I took a while ago are vegging along nicely now.

This one is the loudest smelling out of all the Ohaze I'm growing right now. We shall see if you were right about this one, hempy...she might be a special one or she might be hay (although I doubt that), or something in between. The true test will be in the smoke, of course.
6n7xLwtl.jpg

iATqfxxl.jpg

ejmZ7AEl.jpg

HB.

HAZENACIOUS

yea i think if you read fully , those quotes and others ive seen him say ,
if he called it original haze , it was all colombian ,
otherwise he , his words , mentioned it was crossed ,

how you are imagining it is not how he has told the story that ive been following ,
thats not to say the odd seed lot has not been mixed up later in the day , but he seems pretty clear on what things were before then ..

as i mentioned to hempy , who of course totally dismissed what i said ,

the only real way we can get the answer as to what is in each seed lot , is test them .... that would put the endless speculation we can do here to rest ...
Hi Donald,
I read something that Sam was saying somebody quoting recently, that he mixed some ohaze that was pure columbian with a Thai and it wasn't as good as the pure ohaze, but I got the impression that he was referring to a later cross with thai not made by haze brothers, and as for the later crosses of unknown superior males made by the haze brothers in later generations, I don't think he was referring to those, not really sure...
picture.php
picture.php

MadMac

far beyond driven...
SK#1 triploid from SamS

SK#1 triploid from SamS

@SamS

here is the SK#1 triploid... the best from 10...
she got reversed OHz pollen ...
looks amazing for SK#1 ...
have another for smoke too and a cut from this one...
picture.php

many thx for letting me try this special!
M.:smoker:

LostTribe

Premium user
sure its strong, but I found stronger and more interesting ones. will not mention laos again, just those guys in mekong area have better gear than seedbanks, right. I found choc thai pheno of trainwreck/choc thai x THH. here´s report.

Hey MK does it still give you uncontrollable laughter? I miss that.

HAZENACIOUS

What’s your beef with me ?
Get off my Dick , you can see a few pics of Haze hybrids Nevils Haze and THH . ( check Nevilles Haze outdoor thcfarm) I don’t have indoor experience

Where have you been , because you seem lost

I Respect Sams but have called out his inconsistencies for years , I’m done . I will leave that chapter and hopefully he one day tells his whole story

Your Butt hurt because my issues with Tom , he’s talked shit to me for years . I’ve been quiet since his return and repeat post of his Haze being the Thai Haze selection

My issue with that is misinformation, it’s been spread for years . Do you know G is still alive , do you know the guy who told me the true origins who was his apprentice still talks to him

Where you around in 60’s - 70’s ?
The early Lumbos were just as long and some longer flowering than Thai Remember Colombia sits in the equator Thailand does not . As some have mentioned Sativas can share similar traits

Punto Rojo is well documented on this forum and others , the four main phenos of the Original Haze are still present in punto rojo today

If anyone dick rides it’s you
Your the Nevil Fanboy , Did you know him . Because I’ve spoke extensively with people close to him and they didn’t have all great things to say . I won’t go there .

Wtf does Nevils cuts have to do with Thai in the lineage of Original Haze , you are starting to sound like Hempy . I love Nevilles Haze it’s the closest thing to NYC Haze I’ve smoked outside of NY

But remember one of the Seedbank Nl5HzC descriptions
In other words , seeds We’re salvaged from the last crop in America/ Cali . Lolzz that was 81!from G .., Soo did he salvage seeds or get them from Sams seed stock of 69 wayyy way different

Btw
I challenge you to show any old post from Sams I haven’t seen . Remember I’ve been around for a little while . Remember I wrote the True origins of Haze . I’m sure I’ve saved all the post available on the net

Get off my nuts , I’ve never claimed to be an expert of anything. Or a experienced grower . I’m just a Haze lover and my only intentions were to share the truth which gets muddied Soo much in these threads I’ve learned long ago .

I’ll call out mistruth no matter who it is Respected members , breeders or new posters and posers

Lol, still got the white elephant on ignore I see. :biglaugh:

You are like "Never mind Nevil and his 20 million seeds, some dude from Santa Cruz named G came to New York around the same time, and gave somebody 5 ohaze seeds and thats where the real NYC haze came from its a real lumbo I was right along."
No offense dude, but how stupid do you think we all are?
I am glad you admitted you aren't an expert, that's a start.

I've noticed though, If there is only one thing on planet Earth haze experts can generally agree on, its that Bigherb is totally full of sh*t.

PEACE
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
lol was the fly meant to be there;) would you mind posting some pics of the leaves? Would like to see if there is there are some double serrations from the recombination.

I recently cut that male, I have to see if there are any intact leaves in the compost bin, but I have a couple of females, sisters of the male ....

Tom Hill

Veteran
I still don't get why the DNA results from sams haze haven't been posted... I know they had a fallout but his skunk and quite a few others of his gear are there. Would help . Old timers haze is analyzed(100 % Lumbo) ,some nevil clones, too...

All those contradicting quotes from Sam are clearly pointing that we can t count on him for the truth ...Be it the time gap or lack of info...All due respect. So only some DNA tests could shed some light.

Plants are speaking the truth and seems seedsman version is pure lumbo , old timers the same, toms haze has Thai and who knows what todds is...

I am not sure what DNA testing could tell us Syd and fail to understand how folk could possibly surmise accurate origins from it. It is fairly popular these days in other genetic discipline as well but touted mostly by folk who have no grasp of the results. The most i could tell was this or that small handful of unmapped chromasome was heterozygous or homozygous. Would love to see something to the contrary. What is the base pure lumbo used to compare with.

G

I am not sure what DNA testing could tell us Syd and fail to understand how folk could possibly surmise accurate origins from it. It is fairly popular these days in other genetic discipline as well but touted mostly by folk who have no grasp of the results. The most i could tell was this or that small handful of unmapped chromasome was heterozygous or homozygous. Would love to see something to the contrary. What is the base pure lumbo used to compare with.

Yeah of course there are many flaws with the phylos system.But a few plus too.It shows how inbred a line is. It could also show direct relation(parent/offspring).It will show "impurities". It would show if it is related to Oldtimer's line .The other Dutch hazes are not.Sam's probably would be but where is it? I'm not talking definite accurate origins but at least some hints we'd get , no doubt ,for me at least.

Tom Hill

Veteran
I am certain Chimera could shed more light as he has some experience with the tech. Whether or not targeted alleles are of noted value or not remains to be seen as far as i can tell. For all I know it is some random shot in the dark of easily tested sites. Will jamaican or colombian or thais test out so very different than indian i am not so sure. That is providing we can even aquire legit baseline samples removed from the clusterfuck that is the modern day pool.

Until these points are addressed i will remain highly suspicious of any such claims as to origin.

G

Yes I'm just positive for the comparative use of this tool.Indeed if the initial specimens aren t legit to begin with,no use claiming the origin,indeed.Just a hint though when more specimens accumulate.

Tom Hill

Veteran
And bigherb, i don't really have problems with folk though your style makes my eye twitch a bit. But you believe you me Sam has been describing haze for years -nay- decades, from overgrow to cannabis world to here as a 4 way hybrid. Further, he has confirmed himself previously as positronics source and the variety discription included things only he himself would have known eg generations inbred and etc - info dating far beyond positronics existence. You just bound and determined to smash square pegs into round holes. It only gets under my skin because you lack the juice to do so. I do not tolerate lack of brain braun and coordination all in the same package.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Just wanted to post a few fresh shots of the "Bonsai" Ohaze I'm running from Todd...I have pollinated a couple of select branches with THH pollen from 2014 and 2017. The cuts I took a while ago are vegging along nicely now.

This one is the loudest smelling out of all the Ohaze I'm growing right now. We shall see if you were right about this one, hempy...she might be a special one or she might be hay (although I doubt that), or something in between. The true test will be in the smoke, of course.
View Image
View Image
View Image

HB.

This one ticks off a lot of boxes bogy best of luck

bigherb

Veteran
And bigherb, i don't really have problems with folk though your style makes my eye twitch a bit. But you believe you me Sam has been describing haze for years -nay- decades, from overgrow to cannabis world to here as a 4 way hybrid. Further, he has confirmed himself previously as positronics source and the variety discription included things only he himself would have known eg generations inbred and etc. You just bound and determined to smash square pegs into round holes. It only gets under my skin because you lack the juice to do so. I do not tolerate lack of brain braun and coordination all in the same package.

My style is straight up

I’ll die for what I believe in , hard headed but always Honest

Honestly Sams word is his , my belief comes from the story I was told and the cat who told it was 100% with me as far as I can verify . This from someone who was there , not Sams .

As you have been Honest you were not there

Put up or shut up , where is Sams post of Haze being a four way hybrid over the decades . I have many post none say that specifically . Ask Hempy for help , he loves to repeat himself and he dislikes myself and Sams

What I’ve realized in life things are sometimes much simpler than they seem , Sams has added some pepper with the Truth . just not giving the specifics until recently

That 4way was taken out of context , RCC describes the crosses year and year after BS , in a post at either CW or OH . Sams only spoke of the genetics he provided , to G n RL . Which G didn’t use because he liked Haze better and he was the Originator , Rl made the crosses and only a few seeds at that

Not sure what BS about positronics you speak , the only post I know confirm what I say . If you got Something else then put them up

I don’t tolerate disrespect, or liars

Soo I’m sure we couldn’t sit together. Plus your old and fragile and I’m 6’5 pushing 300

Truth is your like a broad , you made something out of nothing . Sensitive for no reason . You didn’t like my consistent questions of Haze and incense / Frankincense. Then once I mentioned your line had incense in it (because of several posters including Hazy lady who I was very close with )

Boom you really got a hard on . I remember your post you were worried everyone would think your line was frankincense or piff that cats were chasing . But I never said no such thing about frankincense

Remember, This annoying NYC Haze lover spread the Truth of the Origins of Haze , my persistence and style paid off . That means something to me