What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
tods Haze is maybe OH x Nevile Haze like every other cross he made. He called that male ONH that is what i read somwhere.

leet

The only original haze that will finish in 10 weeks is at least a 50% haze cross , like nl5haze , or SSH ( nl5xhaze x Skxhaze ) and that would be at the edge of the fastest plants.

BUT

CLUE : Even Nevil told that the last original haze he sprouted ( Omega seed/plant Haze ) was a 10/11wk and a hybrid AT BEST ... AND IT WAS CRAP . So maybe Todd is right , they are selling us the Omega version , the crap version which Nevil indeed also got ( and discarded ) . Ha ha ha

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
The only original haze that will finish in 10 weeks is at least a 50% haze cross , like nl5haze , or SSH ( nl5xhaze x Skxhaze ) and that would be at the edge of the fastest plants.

CLUE : Even Nevil told that the last original haze he sprouted ( Omega seed/plant Haze ) was a 10/11wk and a hybrid AT BEST ... AND IT WAS CRAP . So maybe Todd is right , they are selling us the Omega version , the crap version which Nevil indeed also got ( and discarded ) . Ha ha ha

Shut it down leet! You're going to hurt the sale of Omega Haze. :spanky:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Not quite true I had a pure OHaze I grew in Santa Cruz that was 10 weeks, Brian's Early Haze, it was my seeds and I gave Brian the plant he grew, I was there to see it grown, flowered and harvested and I smoked some, it was great.
-SamS

BUT

harvestreaper

Veteran
for me sam wuold have the largest experience of the haze genepool id really like to hear what he has to say about earliest latest possible phenos etc while its always nice to hear everyones opinions they are what they are

TheDarkStorm

Not quite true I had a pure OHaze I grew in Santa Cruz that was 10 weeks, Brian's Early Haze, it was my seeds and I gave Brian the plant he grew, I was there to see it grown, flowered and harvested and I smoked some, it was great.
-SamS

Sam how long is the outdoor flowering season in santa cruz.
Ps in the case of early haze wat was added to get flowering so fast.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
..In the 1960s and 1970s, North American cannabis traffickers made inroads into Colombia, leading to booming production in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta and the Urabá peninsula, where cannabis was smuggled in the region's massive northward shipments of bananas.

According to the academic Steven Bender, marijuana from Colombia is known as "Colombian", as referenced in the American rock duo Steely Dan's 1980 song "Hey Nineteen".

Some historic facts.

Beter to put facts here then stories.

leet

-SamS

Quote by Nevil on 10/11wk Original Haze seed :

"O for Omega. It was a 1970 seed. I suspected that it was only 25% Haze with one parent being Indica. It too did not really pan out."

All the good plants Nevil claim came from the 69 bag, haze C and A male and they were 16 weekers , hazeA could take longer. The 70 bag produced the Omega plant, which NEvil thought / suspected it was only 25% real haze compared to his other Hazes. ( even if Sam says they are pure OH ... Nevil didnt consider these plants real original haze ). Sam will say that all the seed he sold him was pure OH but Nevil seemed to think different.

What next ? 8 weeker social Original Haze ? ha haha

So how great was it ? Was it as good as the longer flowering ones that had the disorienting hazey trippy panic attack psychedelic like high , like the 14/16wk Nevils Hz do ? Or just great

Cause if they were that great why would anyone keep the longer flowering ones , right ? Let alone that would make it a revolution in cannabis genetics , getting 10wk plants which carry the high of 16wk plants consistently

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

Quote by Nevil on 10/11wk Original Haze seed :

"O for Omega. It was a 1970 seed. I suspected that it was only 25% Haze with one parent being Indica. It too did not really pan out."

All the good plants Nevil claim came from the 69 bag, haze C and A male and they were 16 weekers , hazeA could take longer. The 70 bag produced the Omega plant, which NEvil thought / suspected it was only 25% real haze compared to his other Hazes. ( even if Sam says they are pure OH ... Nevil didnt consider these plants real original haze ). Sam will say that all the seed he sold him was pure OH but Nevil seemed to think different.

What next ? 8 weeker social Original Haze ? ha haha

I think nevil was just going by the base plants leet...so wat ever was causing that haze like thread in all the plants an seemed to be generating the power....He seemed to think Fh was closer to the beginning of the line an could in varing degrees be detected in all the plants.....if he had been able to pop more seeds he would of had the complete picture of how the line was started an how it was worked further an further....but he still manged to see generations of work...in my estimation from the details he gave it seems like there was at least six years of work in wat he said was the pre 70's stuff.

JohnnyChicago

I'm one of the biggest and earliest fans of A5, SH, NH and the other Hazes that Neville made.

But only 7 plants from the 1969 bag.
And only one plant from the 1970 bag?

But what matters is that without Neville, we wouldn't be speaking the Haze today. That's at least my opinion. We would be only speaking the Skunk or something else that is still undiscovered yet. Even jimi Hendrix would be less known...

leet

I think nevil was just going by the base plants leet...so wat ever was causing that haze like thread in all the plants an seemed to be generating the power....He seemed to think Fh was closer to the beginning of the line an could in varing degrees be detected in all the plants.....if he had been able to pop more seeds he would of had the complete picture of how the line was started an how it was worked further an further....but he still manged to see generations of work...in my estimation from the details he gave it seems like there was at least six years of work in wat he said was the pre 70's stuff.

Thats exactly the point. So how good can a 10wk original haze be ? Where does it get this "quality" ? And how does it not affect the high ? You just dont grow thousands of plants and find these plants, we've also done it. Random sport mutations dont just happen like that.

TheDarkStorm

Suppose that would be abit like me popping seeds from the early 90's...infact iv got some of sams old seeds...skunk haze, ohz an they wont pop...too old...an I dont know how they were stored before they got to me......not many people were storing ther seeds correctly back in the days...in the 70' -80's it probably would have been worse

Nexus7

-SamS

B. Early Haze
Original Haze #1-4
Extra late New Years Haze
Burning Bush
Mr. Greasy
Haze #19

So which line is the one Todd got? Can't all be O.Haze ...You mixed them all together?

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
My dad, who was one of the Haze brothers, told me they used a Pakistani sativa ....
I'm kidding? Obviously....
But so much chatter and so few concrete facts are making many pass the desire ... Too much confusion, too many contradictions, it really wouldn't surprise me to see even an elusive haze brother post something ....