What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Zamal x A5 Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Short update:
I'll be running one my keeper cuts from the last Purple Zamal x A5 hunt, PZA5#3.
The first impression of this cut was quite positive and was well received by myself and inner circle.

It has a spicy incensey strawberry thing, darker on the palate, with a well rounded positive and stackable effect.
The first round yielded sparingly although I have a hunch that under better growing conditions, 12/12 and with a bit of training higher results can be achieved.
View attachment 18874405

The other two (#4/#5) that were enjoyed the most aren't proving to be effective stock plants as I'm unable to have them properly veg. That after 24/0, root trimming, heavy pinching and N nutrient regime. Changing the container volume isn't practical under the micro setup I run.
They rather stay under a constant intermediate stage of both flowering and vegetative growth (aka semi-auto tendencies).
#4 (the highest scoring, despite ineffective motherplant)
View attachment 18874406
View attachment 18874407
Smoke report soon!
tZ

Glad you found a good female of your taste for terpenes (strawberry incensey sounds delicious) and positive effects @The Zientist that later doesn't give problems in the mother room with its growth. She (#3) looks indeed more NL influenced in bud structure and separated flower distribution throughout the plant, so she will indeed perform better under 12/12 for whole flowering. Hopefully your final selection is good enough and stays a long time in your mother room

And sorry guys :LOL: i miss out to reply the thread since summer.

goingrey

Going Grey, thanks for the short version of the laboratory experiment. The topic is still bothering you... I'll share my thoughts on it when I get the chance. The first samples from the plant, which was particularly affected by spider mites, were certainly promising. The high is incomparably better than the appearance of the plant. Lasts about 3 hours, at first very stimulating, later more physical with crazy thoughts and images. The longer flowering second plant will be harvested today. I'm very excited about the first tests.
Hehe I would say it interests me not that it bothers me. Sounds like a wild high!

Cactus Squatter

Wow :D what a beast @Cactus Squatter i like a lot what i'm seeing ... plenty of Zamal and Haze influence, very little NL/indica touch. Hopefully she can make it, and the high, yield and sativa quality will compensate for the long flowering. What kind of terps do you get from her now she is starting to get ripe ?
Right now she smells lightly of incense but mostly a floral scent. It reminds me of the trees my aunt had in her yard in Anaheim California when they would flower. It’s kind of a musky floral scent. Not sure what kind of trees they were though. Might have been her wisteria.

The Zientist

Veteran
Glad you found a good female of your taste for terpenes (strawberry incensey sounds delicious) and positive effects @The Zientist that later doesn't give problems in the mother room with its growth. She (#3) looks indeed more NL influenced in bud structure and separated flower distribution throughout the plant, so she will indeed perform better under 12/12 for whole flowering. Hopefully your final selection is good enough and stays a long time in your mother room

And sorry guys :LOL: i miss out to reply the thread since summer.
Hey!

We'll see how she finishes this time.
I'm running that Purple Zamal X A5#3 cut along with PCK#10 and Thai Chi#3.
This time (to contrast with several last living soil cycles), using coco, vermiculite and rice hulls soilless substrate blend and Athena nutrients.

The PZA5#3 (as well as the others) are looking decently good, with a few mistakes on my part.
She can be somewhat of a more gnarly looking plant, her stigma are long, thin and have a yellow-green tint to them.

The strawberry bubblegum aroma is unmistakable and not just a slight nuance, having the support of a darker woody and incensey aroma.
She's turning out to be a massive producer under 12/12, despite leafy as some A5 progeny is know to come out.

Posting pictures soon.

Take care amigo!
tZ

paisajedehierba

Glad you are excited with their stimulating and crazy effects :D @paisajedehierba remarkable outcome despite the indoor summer grow, depletion of nutrients and mite infection. You are right, fortunately the mites didn't reach the flowers, so glad for you! It's not easy to finish tropical long flowering sativas indoors in small pots with peaks of high temps, they usually finish quite mistreated.

You perfectly identified each pheno siding to each parent plant :yes: the taller, lankier with very tropical sativa look and structure, very Zamalish, but with increased yield and vigor thanks to heterosis. The other smaller one did indeed produce more classic looking NL/Haze type of flowers.

Gracias amigo for giving a try to this new R+D hybrid and share your experience with us :smoke: much appreciated!
Hola amigo Dubi,
Thanks for the feedback.
Three weeks after harvest I have also tested a few of the Purple Zamal domiant flowers. They smell spicier now, but also still wonderfully orange. The smoke (mix with a little tobacco) is rather spicy and floral and very pleasant, mild in throat. The flowers are rather airy in structure, but firm between the fingers, almost a bit hard. The trimming was not worth mentioning. The very few dried leaves were easy to remove without running the risk of "injuring" the flowers.
The effect of 0,2g is mainly energising and activating. No creeper, after a few tokes it's clear where things are going. After about 90 minutes, the momentum gave way to the desire to sit comfortably on the sofa. The conversations with my wife continued without any confusion. Then I felt like taking a few more puffs and rolled a small cigarette with some Purple Zamal dom. flowers in it. The momentum came back and I was awake and alert well into the night.
All in all, compared to the more A5-influenced flowers, the experience was much cleaner this time, the physical effects were less severe, and the head was awake the next morning.
The high from these orange smelling Purple Zamal dominant buds is already very good. Let's see what a few months of longer storage can bring out of the buds.

Attachments

• P1070851.JPG
    P1070851.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 104
  • P1070852.JPG
    P1070852.JPG
    8.5 MB · Views: 114
  • P1070853.JPG
    P1070853.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 102
  • P1070854.JPG
    P1070854.JPG
    8.7 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Cactus Squatter

I really like this plant so far and hope it smokes as good as it makes me feel tending to her. The floral smell has really developed into a musky grapefruit or Pomello flower kind of smell. It’s crazy how much smelling this plant makes me remember walking around my Aunt’s property. It’s a really beautiful smell.
Starting to get some light purple on leaves and tips, we’ve been getting into the lower 40° range at night with one night hitting 38°f. I have a feeling this is her last week standing, we’re supposed to get rain this coming Friday-Sunday along with cold temps. I don’t really want to risk losing her so if it looks like the rain is going to make it she’s coming down.

I had problems with a few plants this year with aphids and whiteflys. Especially my Bangi Haze and Panama Bangi, a lesser extent my super Congo. While they were in the garden nothing touched this purple Zamal x a5. Zero bugs the whole year until everything else was finished and cut. Now that there isn’t anything else green in my shade canopy the white flys have taken an interest in her, but only a very small one. There are no larval colonies to be found, no masses of wings or molted material, just a few random adult white flys here and there. Zero aphids on her all year.

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0188.jpeg

IMG_0184.jpeg

Cactus Squatter

Well, I would have liked to let her go 1 more week but unfortunately we’ve got 2-3 days of heavy rain coming in starting late tonight. I think the colors would have been beautiful right about next Tuesday, she was fading perfectly and showing some slight reds and purples even into the larger leaves.
Still had the citrus blossom smell but also kind of a light camphor smell along with some wood and incense notes.
It’ll be really interesting to see how the smell works out in the cure.

plant_omnivore

Greetings,

Wanted to share one of the Purple Zamal x A5 Haze I have going. This is the only one of the three I generated that shows a semi-autoflowering trait. I am able to keep the plant in veg, but it's basically just an ever growing and branching sea of calyxes stacked on top of each other like a shaggy dog. I'm able to keep it calm in a small container with 20h of strong light.

Here it is flower under 10/14 lighting system the pom poms are completely contrary to it in veg and with the other two I have going.

Previously I grew out a small clone of this particular plant and pressed it for flower rosin and it had a very distinct diesel fuel smell to it.

Currently at Day 60 of flower.

Attachments

• 2023_22_12_Purple_zama_a5_1.jpeg
    2023_22_12_Purple_zama_a5_1.jpeg
    511.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 2023_22_12_Purple_zama_a5_2.jpeg
    2023_22_12_Purple_zama_a5_2.jpeg
    440.8 KB · Views: 87

Cactus Squatter

I’m in love!!!! This plant is definitely something special. @dubi you breed a lot of great strains, many that have been some of the best Sativas I’ve ever smoked, but this girl is something on another level. She was the first Purple Zamal x A5 seed that I popped and now I can’t wait to get into the rest of them to see if they’re similar.

The little samples I’ve tried, which are just little fluff pieces left on the hanging plant that are going into the hash pile next week are absolutely amazing. Super euphoric, extremely spacey and definitely some really odd vision effects. Peripheral vision will have a flickering fluorescent light kind of effect to it at times. I spaced out between my wife and the tv for a good 3 minutes yesterday while she just sat and laughed at my dumb ass standing there lost in thought totally oblivious to the world around me.

Yeild was really good, haven’t weighed it yet and won’t until it hits 62%, but it filled 7 grove qp bags and there’s still probably 2 bags worth left on the plant that are going to bubble.
Trim though was one of the worst I’ve dealt with. Took me 3 days to trim everything. Lots of leaves and all of the buds were arranged in little solitary nugs about the size of an almond in the shell. Very labor intensive. I’ll be running a scrog of her sometime once I get the mom stable in veg again. She’s really fighting going back into full veg and the clone was taken fairly early into flower.

This one I will hopefully have around for a very long time as a mom. I’ve never had anything this euphoric and spacey, in a few months I’ll see what kind of a ceiling she has to her and how she matures.

A+++ on this one. Thank you Dubi!

Terppalooza

Hey!

We'll see how she finishes this time.
I'm running that Purple Zamal X A5#3 cut along with PCK#10 and Thai Chi#3.
This time (to contrast with several last living soil cycles), using coco, vermiculite and rice hulls soilless substrate blend and Athena nutrients.

The PZA5#3 (as well as the others) are looking decently good, with a few mistakes on my part.
She can be somewhat of a more gnarly looking plant, her stigma are long, thin and have a yellow-green tint to them.

The strawberry bubblegum aroma is unmistakable and not just a slight nuance, having the support of a darker woody and incensey aroma.
She's turning out to be a massive producer under 12/12, despite leafy as some A5 progeny is know to come out.

Posting pictures soon.

Take care amigo!
tZ
Strawberry aroma 🥳

Cactus Squatter

Smoked this shit, apparently took my brain out and left it sitting on a shelf somewhere. I can’t find it now. Where is Jackie? Who is Jackie? Why do I care about Jackie?
Nevermind, found a sandwich, I’m gonna eat it. Do you think blue and red tinsel belongs on apple pie? I don’t either but it probably looks cool.

Yeah, that’s how this shit is… 😂

Dentex

18 weeks and maybe one more will seal it.Getting scents from both parental sides .It's a heavy bouquet for sure :p

All branches are broken from weight,full plant pic is not very flattering but close ups give a sample of the quality bud cooking ;)

DSC_0312.JPG

DSC_0315a.JPG
DSC_0319.JPG
DSC_0316a.JPG

DSC_0320a.JPG

Cactus Squatter

Is anyone else that has some of this cured up getting a kind of out of body experience from it? Mine is nowhere near cured, but the longer I’ve let it sit, the more it gives me that feeling. Sometimes it’s just a completely lost in thought and in another place kind of thing, other times it’s almost like I’m sitting across the room observing what I’m currently doing.

I also get really strong peripheral shadow visuals from it. Like for example if there is a dark spot on the floor, or a small shadow or something and it’s in my peripheral vision, it will look like a bug that starts crawling around. Goofy smoke. 🤪

After having to cull my Thai run, I decided to crack the remainder of these purple zamal x A5 along with a few others to see how other phenos play out. I actually had some difficulty getting some of them to germ. Usually ace seeds pop in 24-36hours for me, a lot of times within 12. 1 of these popped within 12 hours like the first seed did that I ran outdoors, the other 4 didn’t budge for over a week and a half so I ended up cracking them with my teeth and had tails the next morning on all but 1. That last 1 I had cracked weird and it ended up popping out of the shell before germination. Surprisingly I stuck it in the dirt and it still came up a day after the others. So 6 of 6 germinated, though some with more help than usual.