What's new

Purple Zamal x A5 Haze

The Zientist

Veteran
For those that like odd shit, here is the mutant thicc main stalk of PZA5#3:
PZA53 thicc (1).jpg
PZA53 thicc (2).jpg
PZA53 thicc (3).jpg

Quite a strong core with a fleshy outer layer.

This bottom portion was left to mature further past the rest of plant, as it was mostly pollinated with a PCK pollen mix.
All others were normal, while #1, #2 and #5 were pretty thin stalked and couldn't self support during the late flowering cycle.

Enjoy!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your harvest @The Zientist :yes: thank you very much for your interest on exploring this new sativa hybrid and for sharing your outcome. Sorry to hear a couple shown intersex traits, purple Zamal hybrids are works in progress compared with Zamaldelica which is our most highly worked and refined Zamal dominant strain, although Purple Zamal really delivers strong energetic effects with different terpenes (spicy, woody, berry) than Zamal mango carrot, so it's also an interesting Zamal type to work with.

The semi auto trait so common in Zamal and direct Zamal hybrids can be a positive or negative trait, depending on your goals. It's definitely an interesting trait if you are breeding for earlier/faster flowering onsets outdoors, although it can be troublesome to keep mothers having the semi auto trait properly in veg in the mother room. To avoid semi auto mothers accumulate flowers in veg, try to avoid the clones get rootbound.

Female 3 seems quite interesting with such terpene profile of strawberries, incense, pepper and mint and such short flowering time, 2 months of flowering time is really short for a hybrid between Zamal and A5 haze since both need easily over 3 months of flowering to fully ripe. Hopefully the other sexually firm, longer flowering females also show interesting terpenes and effects worth to explore in more depth.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
D85 - 11/13: HARVEST
This harvest was rushed as #2 was pollinating all sibs with a strong intention, and #1 was starting to join the fight.
Between slight pH imbalance, LED toast and too hot of a soil mix, the Zamal side decided to set the intersex train in motion. A scrog net breaking midway and turning into a slingshot also caused some damage.

I would like to say better next time, but perhaps only #3 will be practical to keep as a mother, as all others are showing 'semi-auto' traits (with a differential in expression), even after root trim, 20/4 light cycle, repot and higher N feeds. :ROFLMAO:

I'll still be keeping them around for as long as possible until a proper evaluation of the final bud gets done.

Now, for the ladies:
PZA5#1: Sour musk, woody perfume with residual sweetness. Astringent.
View attachment 18840008 View attachment 18840009
#2: Earth, woodsy, slightly bitter. Not refined or intense.
View attachment 18840010
#4: Sour as fuck. Pungent greasy and foul.
View attachment 18840011 View attachment 18840012
#5: Orange juice. Sublime and subtle, no sourness.
View attachment 18840013 View attachment 18840014

Hope you enjoy. Soon the sampling will begin.

PS: Written under PZA5#3 effects: It's pretty nice, floaty and has lung expanding properties w/ a fresh exhale. Can be quite dense and narcotic, with a trippy edge. Surprising for a 60dayer.

Cya!
tZ
looks pretty well. you deserve a big harvest. :respect:

The Zientist

Veteran
Congrats on your harvest @The Zientist :yes: thank you very much for your interest on exploring this new sativa hybrid and for sharing your outcome. Sorry to hear a couple shown intersex traits, purple Zamal hybrids are works in progress compared with Zamaldelica which is our most highly worked and refined Zamal dominant strain, although Purple Zamal really delivers strong energetic effects with different terpenes (spicy, woody, berry) than Zamal mango carrot, so it's also an interesting Zamal type to work with.

The semi auto trait so common in Zamal and direct Zamal hybrids can be a positive or negative trait, depending on your goals. It's definitely an interesting trait if you are breeding for earlier/faster flowering onsets outdoors, although it can be troublesome to keep mothers having the semi auto trait properly in veg in the mother room. To avoid semi auto mothers accumulate flowers in veg, try to avoid the clones get rootbound.

Female 3 seems quite interesting with such terpene profile of strawberries, incense, pepper and mint and such short flowering time, 2 months of flowering time is really short for a hybrid between Zamal and A5 haze since both need easily over 3 months of flowering to fully ripe. Hopefully the other sexually firm, longer flowering females also show interesting terpenes and effects worth to explore in more depth.
It's my pleasure to explore your R&D section @dubi. When doing so, specially with such temperamental genetics as Zamal, finding intersex traits is part of the journey sometimes.

The first impressions that I'm getting are pointing to a lot of other traits of interest, despite that.
The berry scent is definitely present on a couple, highly desirable. #5 has a purple/blue floral note that reminds me of Freesias. It's a pretty sexy one if you ask me.
#4 has a meaty almost rotten thing to it, it's quite complex and I can't pin point it accurately.
Upon trying #5 few nights ago, I had some of the most intense and most long lasting effects since Destroyer, apparently even more so than any of the other A5 S1 I've been trying. Or any of the 60+ hybrids I've sampled during the last several cycles.

So there's value in the cross despite the intersex occurrence on a couple sibs. We'll soon know better. 😊

That #3 is really an outlier. One would think about something around mid parent value for that trait as it normally follows that trend. This might be a through back NL5 leaning flowering time, though the aroma, effects and flower structure really point towards the other parental.
It was a nice finding, we'll see also how it stands the test of time.

I'm grateful for having access to such interesting plants. Thanks for your work maestro!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @The Zientist Last page we were talking so much about ph so i completely forgot to comment on your different expressions :LOL:

Looking back at your pictures, 1,2 and 3 and 5 look a lot (with different variations) like Purple Zamal in the flower structure and look, more specifically, to a purple Zamal dom cross with hybrid vigour (for example: Zamal Bliss).

Female 1 looks PZ dom, but has the vigor and chunkier flowers from NL Haze side.

Female 2 is a case of probably not so desirable recombination, still PZ dom, but ugly, leafy landrace indica type of flower structure, probably more mold to prone too.
Female 3, early flowering but not so good yielding like the longer flowering sisters. She has a nice resinous flower structure influenced by NL #5, and also the unmistikable PZ look at the end.

Female 4 has without any doubt the most A5 Haze look of all of them, with much lesser PZ influence than the other 4 females. Her meaty rotten terpene profile seems to go also on the direction of strong A5 Haze traits more than PZ.

Female #5 looks very PZ dom too. So glad to hear that her effects are so potent and special :) sounds promosing! Because of those effects I keep persuing on the Purple Zamal breeding, despite her semi auto tendencies and bananas indoors in some specimens of the offspring. And in a good, potent outcross (A5 Haze is a serious contender 💪 ) PZ enhanced effects can easily be found and they can be terrific!

Excited to learn what a good cure brings ! ;) Enjoy!

The Zientist

Veteran
Hi @The Zientist Last page we were talking so much about ph so i completely forgot to comment on your different expressions :LOL:

Looking back at your pictures, 1,2 and 3 and 5 look a lot (with different variations) like Purple Zamal in the flower structure and look, more specifically, to a purple Zamal dom cross with hybrid vigour (for example: Zamal Bliss).

Female 1 looks PZ dom, but has the vigor and chunkier flowers from NL Haze side.

Female 2 is a case of probably not so desirable recombination, still PZ dom, but ugly, leafy landrace indica type of flower structure, probably more mold to prone too.
Female 3, early flowering but not so good yielding like the longer flowering sisters. She has a nice resinous flower structure influenced by NL #5, and also the unmistikable PZ look at the end.

Female 4 has without any doubt the most A5 Haze look of all of them, with much lesser PZ influence than the other 4 females. Her meaty rotten terpene profile seems to go also on the direction of strong A5 Haze traits more than PZ.

Female #5 looks very PZ dom too. So glad to hear that her effects are so potent and special :) sounds promosing! Because of those effects I keep persuing on the Purple Zamal breeding, despite her semi auto tendencies and bananas indoors in some specimens of the offspring. And in a good, potent outcross (A5 Haze is a serious contender 💪 ) PZ enhanced effects can easily be found and they can be terrific!

Excited to learn what a good cure brings ! ;) Enjoy!
I appreciate the insight my friend.

As you pointed out, I also can see in #4 the A5 traits, which I had a chance to sift through during an earlier S1 cycle.
It feels very much like an much improved version of what I was able to find during that hunt, more promising than any of the A5 S1 progeny.
Same type of aroma class, but amped expression and more fresh less damp. The effect is delivered crisper and more intense, overwhelming for sure. From the early samples I can tell you it's really an improved version in that sense. It's definitely of worth if you're into that, a treat to explore.
She's taking the lead as of now, and seems to render most of my A5 S1 cuts pretty useless in comparison.

I'll share more as the sampling continues. I am enjoying, certainly so. :whistle:

Thanks again for the opportunity @dubi !

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She really has a nice look from the start @Cactus Squatter :giggle:
Thanks for including this new sativa dom hybrid into your outdoor season line up friend!

Cactus Squatter

She really has a nice look from the start @Cactus Squatter :giggle:
Thanks for including this new sativa dom hybrid into your outdoor season line up friend!
She’s going to run alongside
1 Super Congo f1
2 Panama x Bangi,
1 Bangi haze (that has some super fat leaves),
1 Zamaldelica x A5,
2 purple satellite,
1 mountain gold,
Along with a couple Honduras as soon as they show sex and 1 ongoing Ace genetics Mutt project (every year a volunteer gets to live and every year I hit it with ACE pollen. So far it’s a Killer A5 Malawi leaning mom hit with HonPan pollen, grown out as a volunteer and pollinated with New Caledonia last season.

It’s going to be a fun year.

Common Sense

every year a volunteer gets to live and every year I hit it with ACE pollen. So far it’s a Killer A5 Malawi leaning mom hit with HonPan pollen, grown out as a volunteer and pollinated with New Caledonia last season.
what a cool fun project :canabis:
nice selection for the first two generations. What do you do with all the seeds?

F2F

what a cool fun project :canabis:
nice selection for the first two generations. What do you do with all the seeds?
let them fall on the ground, rinse and repeat 😎

That’s my protocol anyway. Have ZamalxTHH X’d with a (KillerA5xVietBlack)xVietBlack growing next to the house. If female, I’ll hit a few buds with OHaze pollen for next year’s “volunteer-off”. Can’t finish these extreme NLD’s outside but I love seeing skinny leaves haha.

Peace
F2F

Peace,
F2F

orangina

Veteran
Here are some shots of my Purple Zamal x A5Haze. She's at day 67. So far I do not get the tea tree oil smell that I love about the Purple Zamal. She is putting some bananas here and there, but I guess that's what you need to be ready for when growing her. I had the Purple Zamal x Panama, Bangie Haze and Zamal Bliss as well and she showed here and there some hermie traits, but varying degree.
View media item 18711099
View media item 18711098
View media item 18711100