What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Zamal x A5 Haze

The Zientist

Veteran
Hi everyone!

5 out of 5 Purple Zamal x A5 Haze seeds are out.
PCK + Purple Zamal x A5Hz-3.jpg

They're next in line, along with a whole pack of PCK regulars. As always, germ rates are a-mazing with ACE, 12 out of 12 out as well. These seedlots have been sitting in my fridge for around 6 months (nothing to be worried about, as most know) and in less than 48 hours everything's out.
PCK + Purple Zamal x A5Hz-4.jpg

Thin leaves on a PZA5Hz seedling
PCK + Purple Zamal x A5Hz-5.jpg

A twisted PCK outlier
PCK + Purple Zamal x A5Hz-6.jpg

Thank you @dubi and ACE for sending these my way, I'm sure I'll have fun exploring these two.

Stay close ✌️

Last edited:

The Zientist

Veteran
They are growing vigorously, in a week or so the first cuts will be made. (5x PZA5Hz on the back row)
PCK + Purple Zamal x A5Hz (1).jpg

PZA5Hz are clearly winning the race, making sense out of the heterosis vs. pure line paradigm.
PCK + Purple Zamal x A5Hz (3).jpg

PCK
PCK + Purple Zamal x A5Hz (2).jpg

To keep this thread mostly about Purple Zamal x A5 Haze, I will resume posting the PCK cycle elsewhere. :)

Until the next time, take care.
tZ

OZZ_

Veteran
Badass

Sitting in on this one start to finish. Grabbed a pack of these myself 🤘🤘🤘

Very interested to see how these perform. Very curious to see what you get for stretch and growth patterns too.

Best of luck and happy holidays!

The Zientist

Veteran
Thanks guys @OZZ_ @F2F

I'll be sending rooted cuts straight to 11/13, in 2L pots for the first 4 weeks or so followed by a repot to 5-6L after.

They don't have a lot of room to stretch, both wide and tall, although in there's adequate amount of light.

Let's see how well can I manage these at first, I'll be keeping mothers of each, just in case!

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks guys @OZZ_ @F2F

I'll be sending rooted cuts straight to 11/13, in 2L pots for the first 4 weeks or so followed by a repot to 5-6L after.

They don't have a lot of room to stretch, both wide and tall, although in there's adequate amount of light.

Let's see how well can I manage these at first, I'll be keeping mothers of each, just in case!

That’s the way!!! Absolutely. What medium are you in?

Last edited:

orangina

Veteran
Well the pleasure is all mine.
I am really excited. I have the seeds as well, but haven't sprouted them yet. For now I am growing the Purple Zamal x Panama. Have you grown these or any other Zamal crosses?
Also tried the Zamal bliss. Was a really sharp and uplifting high.
CheersO

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Are you finding more differences in the growth traits between individuals now one month later ? Or still very uniform look among the plants @The Zientist ?

The Zientist

Veteran
Well the pleasure is all mine.
I am really excited. I have the seeds as well, but haven't sprouted them yet. For now I am growing the Purple Zamal x Panama. Have you grown these or any other Zamal crosses?
Also tried the Zamal bliss. Was a really sharp and uplifting high.
CheersO
Sounds neat! I haven't gone through Panama or crosses of it in years, perhaps I'll revisit it again through Zenith.
It's the first time I'm running the PZA5, I don't have much experience with African genetics. I've sifted through a few Angola Verde x Malawi and King Congo, a long time ago now. It seems that the Zamal is much wilder than any of the later, and not so related with them directly so it will be a journey of it's own.
Are you finding more differences in the growth traits between individuals now one month later ? Or still very uniform look among the plants @The Zientist ?
At first they were pretty homogenous, but now that the mothers have seen a bit more growth a few different trait expressions are noticeable.
There's a range of internodal elongation among them, with #1 and #2 being the most octopus-like and with longer internodes, remarkably long actually(a structure that leans mostly to the PZ parental side I assume).
#3 and #5 are practically identical with the same lengthy stretch but not quite as much.
#4 is the squatter but still by no means squat, reminding me of the most Hazey-type segregates I've observed in A5S1.

Most of the differences among them became more evident after doing an apical topping, after that they began to behave and develop different structures.

As for the cuts I took, none is showing roots at the moment. They might still take a few days due to cold.

I'll picture the mothers for you later tonight. :giggle:
tZ

Latest posts

Latest posts