What's new

Purple Strain Connoisseur

Purple Strain Connoisseur

• Total voters
I

IceColdCrickets

here is some good old Purple Deep Chunk Indoors, solid purple nugg, next to a green Skunk#1 89.

and some other DC pics before harvest, DC is a natural purple and doesnt require cold temp or anything to make it turn.. but it doesnt show purple from the start, like other pure purple strains, about after week 4-5 when the buds start to ripen does it show color and then becomes covered in it by harvest time.

Day 60 12/12

:woohoo: I love the flavor of DC so much, It is one of the best tasting purple smokes I enjoy. Most purples don't taste all that great, so for that alone she is a keeper in my eyes. that and we all know how good of a breeder parent she is. I will be crossing the DC to the clones of that SKUNK#1 89 bud you see there, should make for some interesting new colors.

ICC:joint:

T

thatdude11

here is some good old Purple Deep Chunk Indoors, solid purple nugg, next to a green Skunk#1 89.

and some other DC pics before harvest, DC is a natural purple and doesnt require cold temp or anything to make it turn.. but it doesnt show purple from the start, like other pure purple strains, about after week 4-5 when the buds start to ripen does it show color and then becomes covered in it by harvest time.

Day 60 12/12

:woohoo: I love the flavor of DC so much, It is one of the best tasting purple smokes I enjoy. Most purples don't taste all that great, so for that alone she is a keeper in my eyes. that and we all know how good of a breeder parent she is. I will be crossing the DC to the clones of that SKUNK#1 89 bud you see there, should make for some interesting new colors.

ICC:joint:

very impressive also..

can u clue me in as to where to find some Purple Deep Chunk beans

odin_

while there are some purple strains almost every strain will purple with cold temps, so the poll is kind of useless imo

I

IceColdCrickets

check the Boutique, under Tom Hill. DC is so pure and stable that you will find a plant that you are looking for in there for sure. Mine is very purple as i have bred it out from my own pheno selection for the last 4 generations, I got mine a long time ago from Tom back on OG.com, I also got some from the Bay when Tom donated them to it before OG was shut down,, I have kept those seperate from my other population, one day I will mix them together just to keep the genetic pool wide.

ICC.

killa12345

Here's my Purple Kush x Purple Rhino f2

DSC03003.jpg

DSC02991.jpg

DSC02610.jpg

DSC02582.jpg

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Nirvana's Bubblelicious

Nirvana's Bubblelicious

Has some very purple and hashy phenos. Considering the price it would be practical to select a nice mother from a couple of bags.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
Your buds looks nice & very purple. i lovet . Your are real Purple Grower.

Thanks for the pix :woohoo:

Relentless

Veteran
Found this nice lady in my pack of nirvana PPP. It was damn good smoke, so I cloned her, and been running her for a while now. She's genetically purple through, and through. No matter the temps, she's purple. Purple is the 95 degree sumer heat. The buds start out almost pink-light purple, and get darker, and darker throughout flowering.

She has really nice growth characteristics, and vigor, the color is awesome. She falls short in the flavor catergory for me anyway as I preffer sweeter, fruity strains, and she's mostly pungent-herbal-spicy. The high is where she shines though. seems to have a high ceiling, and the more you smoke the greater the effects.. first few times I smoked it I over did it, and was caught by surprise by the effects. I get a bit of an overwhelmed racy feeling in both my mind, and body when I smoke to much, but half a joint does me just right.. Very introspective high, and really thought provoking.

c-ppp2.jpg

ppp2.jpg

c-ppp3.jpg

Immature bud picked to show the crazy pink-purple calyx
h-ppp3.jpg

x-ppp3.jpg

x-ppp7.jpg

different plant so color changed a bit do to nutrient change
k-ppp4.jpg

k-ppp5.jpg

dried and cured
o-4.jpg

o-ppp2.jpg
omg i hate u!!! lol. thats some crazy weed. i hope u have a clone of that.

Relentless

Veteran
heres my dp blueberry.. i had a clone of it but threw it away.. guess why? yup, u guessed it, hermi. never again will i get dp beans.. these werent femenized too.. 3 out of 3 females went hermi..
Still, looks like good bud to me :)

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 12

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Unknown strain, lost labels, but I suspect it's either from Spain or from Esbe's... possibly the later.

Mr. Karma

I think we are getting the semantics confused here. When growers on the West coast refer to "Purple" strains they are referring to the Grape Apes, Purple Kushes, GDPs, and Urkles. All of which go dark shades of purple but are also accompanied by a intense grapey fruity flavor that is noticable from a distance. Purps, grapes, PK, yurps,etc all are terms used for this family of plants. The purple plants being displayed here(more European in origin) are more varied in taste and smell. Same colors, different highs and smells. No better. No worse. Just diff.

Now this I can agree with, thank you for the clarification.

Relentless

Veteran
I dont live in cali so I cant get clones..
Which seeds give me the best chance at getting a purple pheno female?
Ive got 7 purple wreck that are a month old and i have some querkle seeds im gonna germ soon..

love?

picture.php

Cannacopia Chuck D (ECSD x DC)

Grew out one of these. Well two but the other one turned out male.

The bud has some nice purple hues so I thought I'd post the picture in this thread.

In addition to the purple this plant's bag appeal is very good. Dense good sized nuggets with a strong smell reminiscent of some kind of tropical fruit perhaps. If only it was slightly more resinous it'd be every dealer's dream weed.

Unfortunately that bag appeal came at a price. In addition to the buds being very dense they grew in a way that made them cluster together so you really need to look out for mold when growing this cross. I lost a bit to mold myself infact. :(

Flowered her for nine weeks but to be honest I would have let her go longer hadn't I been freaked out by the mold. Anyone growing the strain should also be prepared for a lot of stretch, I think she almost tripled in size during flowering.

Yield was ok, not great by any means. 36 grams from one untrained plant grown in soil under a 250W HPS. However, this is something that would be improved with better care.

From a smoker's perspective I was expecting a lot from this cross because of the prestigious lineage. Unfortunately I'm a bit dissapointed in that sector as the effects aren't really to my liking. Weird stone where it puts you down but keeps you awake. If overindulged the side effects can be very nasty; headaches, tinnitus, paranoia, light sensitivity. But in small doses it's kinda ok. Tastes pretty much like it smells.

T

theJointedOne

Love that is some nice herb there for sure!

here is some purple afghooey

picture.php

hanfiking

Hi everyone this is my... I'm not even sure what strain it is, it could be
twilight. But in any case I've chopped off the top buds and re-veged it,
because it isn't a strain that I was going to flower out but
rather a bonsai that is actually near to 2 years old!

Hopefully another year down the line it will continue to pose for more
great pictures like this one.

I also hope to rum the Purple haze from my other thread outside in the
new year.

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1020506.jpg
    P1020506.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Latest posts