What's new

Purple Strain Connoisseur

Purple Strain Connoisseur

• Total voters

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
I think we are getting the semantics confused here. When growers on the West coast refer to "Purple" strains they are referring to the Grape Apes, Purple Kushes, GDPs, and Urkles. All of which go dark shades of purple but are also accompanied by a intense grapey fruity flavor that is noticable from a distance. Purps, grapes, PK, yurps,etc all are terms used for this family of plants. The purple plants being displayed here(more European in origin) are more varied in taste and smell. Same colors, different highs and smells. No better. No worse. Just diff.

Mazarisharif

Mazarisharif

some Mazarisharif, these plants naturally have purple colour even in heat they show hues of purple.

Attachments

• DSCF5475.jpg
    DSCF5475.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF5493.jpg
    DSCF5493.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 11

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Found this nice lady in my pack of nirvana PPP. It was damn good smoke, so I cloned her, and been running her for a while now. She's genetically purple through, and through. No matter the temps, she's purple. Purple is the 95 degree sumer heat. The buds start out almost pink-light purple, and get darker, and darker throughout flowering.

She has really nice growth characteristics, and vigor, the color is awesome. She falls short in the flavor catergory for me anyway as I preffer sweeter, fruity strains, and she's mostly pungent-herbal-spicy. The high is where she shines though. seems to have a high ceiling, and the more you smoke the greater the effects.. first few times I smoked it I over did it, and was caught by surprise by the effects. I get a bit of an overwhelmed racy feeling in both my mind, and body when I smoke to much, but half a joint does me just right.. Very introspective high, and really thought provoking.

c-ppp2.jpg

ppp2.jpg

c-ppp3.jpg

Immature bud picked to show the crazy pink-purple calyx
h-ppp3.jpg

x-ppp3.jpg

x-ppp7.jpg

different plant so color changed a bit do to nutrient change
k-ppp4.jpg

k-ppp5.jpg

dried and cured
o-4.jpg

o-ppp2.jpg
Wow...U guys R very EZ to FOOL
Whan did thewy start making Lavender/purple Panda film
or Gro-Tents?
MrPostman has MESSED w/the white balance
Nice trick

does it have the purple tast?

haha i'm not sure what purple is meant to taste like but the mazarisharif has quite nice taste. Quite hashy with subtle fruity undertones. Bud has strong fruit smell. Some phenos a bit stinky. Suprisingly smooth when smoking at first though a bit heavy on the lungs if you take in a big hit. During winter i had some growing and they turned extremely purple. One had dark pruple leaves. Including one unusual mutant that had variegated leaves and spirally bud structure. It only produced very few seeds though. The calyxes were also very unsual. They were very large and almost like they were semi-leaf like. Kinnd of like half calyx half leaf. Sadly i didn't get a photo (it was a very unusual mutant). But the strain has natural purple genes in it for sure as i said the weather is hot now and i can still see quite alot of purple happening. In the colder winter months is shows alot stronger. The purple really shines during this time. The plants need a dry atmosphere and good ventilation to prevent mould. The buds are very dense and mould restistance is poor.

T

thatdude11

mrpostman is nirvana ppp - pure power plant? and also when you seen the purple pheno.. how did you clone it? and did you clone it with a male nirvana ppp? thanks

L

lalandia

I will make seeds during the winter and have them ready before spring (Northern lat that is)

peace

T

thatdude11

sounds good

i cant seem to find any decent purp strains on the bay or botiq

Cannabrother

I´m really interested in purple strains, real purple strains, i´m not talking about that strains that gets purple with low temperatures or magnesium shortcoming... i´m looking forward the REAL purple, fruity and resined strains regardless the nutrients and temperatures... any idea ?

L

lalandia

She is hybrid of some of Esbes fine work : Erdpurt x (Leb27 x PTK) x Erdpurt x (ER x DP)

P

Paco

this is black magic kush. a strain going around CO, it has a fruity taste similar to berry trix cereal. the high is mellow, almost non-existent compared to other strains, it is a nice plant regardless.

Latest posts

Latest posts